Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Help: Wireles vs Wired Keyboard

Help: Wireles vs Wired Keyboard
MacPro8Core
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 16, 2008, 03:01 AM

I recently just got my new 8 Core Mac Pro and now I am thinking about my options for a keyboard. I have the aluminum wired keyboard but I am interested in the wireless version just for a more cleaner look. Other than the missing number keypad, is there anything else I should know about the Apple Wireless keyboard?? (Pro's/Con's) Thanks for your help!!

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Mar 16, 2008, 03:43 AM

Having to deal with a battery, I guess.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

mike868y
Mar 16, 2008, 10:17 AM

the wired one has the number pad and such

EndlessMac
Senior User
Mar 16, 2008, 01:03 PM

What is disappointing is that Apple doesn't also provide the compact keyboard for wired users too. I don't think I would miss the number pad that much since basically all notebooks don't have a dedicated number pad and it hasn't really been a problem for me.

For me how much I would like a wireless keyboard would be the response time when pressing the keys and the battery life. I already have several electronics that I have to constantly recharge their batteries. I really don't need another battery recharging chore.

cube-dude
Moderator Emeritus
Mar 16, 2008, 08:20 PM

For me, it depends solely on need.

At work, I crunch numbers and appreciate the wired's keypad.

At home, I adore the wireless' simplicity and compact design.

Choose accordingly and enjoy.

MP 2 x 2.8 and etc.

himself
Mac Elite
Mar 17, 2008, 01:19 AM

The only issue I've experienced with the Apple wireless keyboard is wireless interference... it only occurred once when I had five BT devices (including the keyboard) connected to my computer at once. I've had the same batteries since I bought it back in November, and they are a long way from replacement.
"Bill Gates can't guarantee Windows... how can you guarantee my safety?"
-John Crichton

Forum Links
Forum Rules