Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Can't Get Enough of These Documentaries

Can't Get Enough of These Documentaries (Page 2)
sideus
Mac Elite
Jul 8, 2004, 02:54 AM

That didn't make any sense what I just said. I'll attempt to get back to work (read: internet).

Axo1ot1  (op)
Professional Poster
Jul 8, 2004, 03:18 AM

Originally posted by Zimphire:
BTW unless you can prove Bush knew beforehand that what he said wasn't true, you have no case. You do know that right?
If he did know he lied. If he didn't know he's incompetent. Either way he is totally unfit to hold the office to which the Supreme Court appointed him.

demograph68
Professional Poster
Jul 8, 2004, 03:19 AM

And the Bush-hating zealots lap it up like it's brilliant.
I'm not lapping it up at all. I agree with you on the "Bush eating a ham sandwich" comment. Like for example, the scene when Bush is reading the children's book at the elementary school after being told about the attack. Moore was trying to tell us what he may have been thinking. (Is that what you mean by MM spinning the truth?)

Zimphire
Baninated
Jul 8, 2004, 03:20 AM

Originally posted by Axo1ot1:
If he did know he lied. If he didn't know he's incompetent. Either way he is totally unfit to hold the office to which the Supreme Court appointed him.
I guess Clinton was just as incompetent then. As he was using the same info that was given to him. And he believed it.

Another great Clinton quote.

�The best way to end [Saddam's] threat once and for all is with a new Iraqi government�a government ready to live in peace with its neighbors, a government that respects the rights of its people.� Bill Clinton

Bush is just basically following Clinton's plans.

Zimphire
Baninated
Jul 8, 2004, 03:20 AM

Originally posted by demograph68:
I'm not lapping it up at all. I agree with you on the "Bush eating a ham sandwich" comment. Like for example, the scene when Bush is reading the children's book at the elementary school after being told about the attack. Moore was trying to tell us what he may have been thinking. (Is that what you mean by MM spinning the truth?)
Indeed. It's called projecting.

Axo1ot1  (op)
Professional Poster
Jul 8, 2004, 03:23 AM

I guess Clinton was just as incompetent then. As he was using the same info that was given to him. And he believed it.

The difference: Clinton realized that it was not worth thousands of innocent people's lives and $150 billion American tax dollars.

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Jul 8, 2004, 03:24 AM

sideus
Mac Elite
Jul 8, 2004, 03:25 AM

Thread has been derailed...

Zimphire
Baninated
Jul 8, 2004, 03:26 AM

The difference: Clinton realized that it was not worth thousands of innocent people's lives and $150 billion American tax dollars.
Wait, how do you know Clinton thought that? Actually, Clinton went along with what Bush was doing. Saying it needed to be done.

Looks like you are doing a bit of your own projection.

Zimphire
Baninated
Jul 8, 2004, 03:27 AM

Originally posted by MindFad:

demograph68
Professional Poster
Jul 8, 2004, 03:34 AM

I'd like some feedback on the Merchants of Cool documentary I mentioned earlier, if anyone cares.

BasketofPuppies
Professional Poster
Jul 8, 2004, 03:35 AM

Axxy boy is conveniently forgetting that Clinton and Blair were ready to do back in 1998 what Bush and Blair did in 2003 and the only reason they (Clinton and Blair) didn't is because they compromised with Kofi Annan. (Remember Operation Desert Fox?)

Not to mention that Clinton was ready to reignite the Korean War in 1994 until Carter came in and negotiated. How's that working out?

And the war in the Balkans. Clinton wanted to get involved sooner and with far larger forces but couldn't get public opinion on his side until years later.
inscrutable impenetrable impregnable inconceivable

Zimphire
Baninated
Jul 8, 2004, 03:36 AM

I'd like some feedback on the Merchants of Cool documentary I mentioned earlier, if anyone cares.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/cool/

demograph68
Professional Poster
Jul 8, 2004, 03:43 AM

Thats right Zimphire, sorry.

juanvaldes
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 8, 2004, 03:49 AM

I was pointed it it a while ago by someone else (andi?)

Anyway, I really liked it. Watched all the eps they had up at that time. Good stuff, sadly the choice to go real & wmp for most all the videos. Plus shitty service left me buffering buffering buffering all the time and I gave up. I just wish I could DOWNLOAD the whole thing and watch it without dealing with the crap that is steaming video.
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive.
- Thomas Jefferson, 1787

sideus
Mac Elite
Jul 8, 2004, 03:52 AM

Originally posted by juanvaldes:
I was pointed it it a while ago by someone else (andi?)

Anyway, I really liked it. Watched all the eps they had up at that time. Good stuff, sadly the choice to go real & wmp for most all the videos. Plus shitty service left me buffering buffering buffering all the time and I gave up. I just wish I could DOWNLOAD the whole thing and watch it without dealing with the crap that is steaming video.
Exactly my point! I was thinking the othe...buffering...buffering...buffering...and then I walked into...buffering...buffering...Zimphire posts the truth about what is going on here in real life...buffering...buffering...so it got deleted by the mods.

demograph68
Professional Poster
Jul 8, 2004, 03:52 AM

I hope the quality wasn't too unbearable for you. Glad you liked it.
(I don't notice any buffer problems... weird)

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Jul 8, 2004, 04:05 AM

Looks like you are doing a bit of your own projection.

Originally posted by BasketofPuppies:
Axxy boy is conveniently forgetting that Clinton and Blair were ready to do back in 1998 what Bush and Blair did in 2003 and the only reason they (Clinton and Blair) didn't is because they compromised with Kofi Annan. (Remember Operation Desert Fox?)

Not to mention that Clinton was ready to reignite the Korean War in 1994 until Carter came in and negotiated. How's that working out?

And the war in the Balkans. Clinton wanted to get involved sooner and with far larger forces but couldn't get public opinion on his side until years later.

OK, I'll stop it.

CD Hanks
Mac Elite
Jul 8, 2004, 04:18 AM

So you don't care that Bush lied and got more than 800 American soldiers killed as well as 12,000 Iraqi civilians?
This is an extremely small price to pay. Bigger wars have been fought, with even more pathetic goals. And if it's bodycount you're concerned with, Saddam Hussein total deathcount is well into the millions. So how many more people will Bush "have to kill" before you switch your angle and decide that Saddam is/was a bigger threat?

Here were the key points that the Bushies made for the war in Iraq, ordered for convenience:
a) Saddam Hussein had WMD
b) Saddam Hussein was in collusion with Al Qaeda
c) Iraq was likely to or already had given Al Qaeda support in the form of WMD
d) Hussein was an imminent threat to Americans and Israelis
e) Hussein was a monster and did horrible things to his own people
f) It really didn't matter anyways because all the oil in the country was going to more than pay for the cost of reconstruction

REBUTTAL
a) Was a complete lie. Nobody had any solid intelligence dated after 1998 that said Saddam had WMD (remember 1998 was when Clinton bombed all their weapons stockpiles out of existence, thus eliminating Saddam's WMD).

b) Another lie, and one they keep repeating. The 9/11 commission as well as several other investigative bodies has said that there is absolutely no evidence that Iraq had any relationship at all with Qaeda, in fact Hussein's regime was openly hostile to religious extremism and he made it impossible for terrorists to work in his country (excluding a single training camp in the Kurdish territory to the north that Saddam had no control of). Al Qaeda members close to Bin Laden have gone on the record and said that they hated Saddam as well. There simply wasn't a relationship.

c) Saddam was a psychopath, a sociopath and a despot. People like that who have power are rabidly interested in keeping power. That much speaks for itself. If Saddam had even had weapons to supply to the terrorists that he wasn't even dealing with, he wouldn't have done so. His power was force, and giving up any amount of his ability to inflict that power would have been completely contrary to how he operated. If your power is in your gun and you give your gun to somebody else then you have no power anymore.

d) Well there weren't any WMD, and furthermore there weren't any missiles or planes capable of leaving Iraq and delivering any kind of payload to Israel, much less the U.S. Another lie.

e) Sure, but not any more than other regimes that we support throughout the world, like Saudi Arabia and Pakistan. Need I bring up that the majority of the hijackers on Sept. 11 were Saudis? Oops, looks like I just did.

f) Oh snap, the American taxpayer is getting slapped with a $150+ billion fine? Where's the massive oil revenue?
a) As I've said before, Iraq is the size of Texas. It is really nothing more than a giant desert. In a desert that big, it's terriblt easy to hide something. The worst estimate regarding the discovery of WMDs is that it may take up to ten years to find them. Unfortunately, this doesn't fit in with the minute attention span of your typical liberal.

b) Have you not considered that the parties were in fact working together, and that in an effort to destroy any connection, both have agreed to flat out lie about a connection? I mean, you ARE going on their word.

c) I've never heard any thing regarding Saddam giving weapons to Al Qaeda, but I have heard that he conviently let them set up a training camp in some rather desolate area of Iraq. It's worth mentioning that Saddam had something Al Qaeda doesn't have, yet wants desperately: a country. This is why Iraq must have some kind of functioning government before we officially leave. The massive problems that could result from Al Qaeda taking over a country aren't very pleasant.

d) You remember those SCUDs that were fired on Israel? And you remember that "Doomsday Gun" that Saddam had wanted that could fire a shell on Israel? Of course you don't. Granted, a SCUD is about as technologically advanced as a brick, it still can kill a large amount of civilians.

e) Iraq has always been a bigger problem for Israel than the United States.

f) I don't have the stamina for this one.
What's humorous about the arguments that spawn about Bush's reaction to being notified that the attacks were taking place is this:

The guy had two choices

a) Run out of there in an absolute rush, shouting orders to be relayed to military and intelligence big wigs, and basically make a rather calm classroom a very hectic place. Of course, had he done this, and immediately started to hop to action, the dem's would cite him for being too "trigger happy".

b) Instead of doing A, he chose b, which entailed playing it cool, and not scaring the hell out of a classroom of young children. Moore (and the dems) cite him here because "OH NOES HE DIDN'D DO NUTHING CUZ BUSH IS DUM LAFFO".

Conclusion: In the eyes of a devoted liberal, Bush couldn't have done anything that'd make most of them happy. He can't win with them.

Of course not. He turned down the custody of Bin Laden, and heavily cut down on the budget intelligence servives got to make sure your life was "good" (until he left office.)
<some witty quote that identifies my originality as a person except for the fact everyone else does the same thing>

Sven G
Professional Poster
Jul 8, 2004, 06:09 AM

Originally posted by sideus:
Thread has been derailed...

BTW, this was a famous train wreck at the old Paris Montparnasse station, in 1895. Today, the same station (currently, the TGV Atlantique terminus in Paris) looks quite differently, indeed:

( Last edited by Sven G; Jul 8, 2004 at 06:17 AM. )

The freedom of all is essential to my freedom. - Mikhail Bakunin

paully dub
Mac Elite
Jul 8, 2004, 06:25 AM

Why doesn't the US have anything as nice as the high speed trains we have in Europe? Is it because people are happy with their gas guzzling SUVs or enjoy getting stripped searched by airport security...

Maybe someone should make a documentary about it. You see, we've come full circle...

Adopt-A-Yankee

phoenixboy70
Mac Elite
Jul 8, 2004, 06:32 AM

LAFFO

OH-N'omac
Jul 8, 2004, 06:42 AM

Wow, thread about documentaries has been trashed.

When will Reps learn that they are running against Kerry, not Clinton, in this election?

BasketofPuppies
Professional Poster
Jul 8, 2004, 09:53 AM

Originally posted by paully dub:
Why doesn't the US have anything as nice as the high speed trains we have in Europe? Is it because people are happy with their gas guzzling SUVs or enjoy getting stripped searched by airport security...

Maybe someone should make a documentary about it. You see, we've come full circle...
Since this thread has become completely derailed, I'll answer.

It isn't feasible.

While there are about 300 million people living in the United States, in a nation as large in area as the U.S., that population is spread thin.

So while most of the major metropolitan areas have good public transportation systems (although many of them could be better), it would be a waste of resources to have such systems cover the entire nation.

If you need to travel cross-country, you take a plane. If you cannot afford plane tickets, you take a Greyhound bus. Both are more efficient (and more flexible) than nationwide train routes.

This is why Amtrak is in terrible shape. It refuses to recognize the realities of the American transportation economy, and instead of adjusting, it begs for bailouts from the federal government - although those bailouts have been getting smaller over the years.

A number of companies have said that they'd like to buy all or part of Amtrak and, with some changes, could make it profitable, but Amtrak is content with government bailouts.

That and the fact that gasoline costs far less in the United States than it does in much of the rest of the world.
inscrutable impenetrable impregnable inconceivable

Zimphire
Baninated
Jul 8, 2004, 12:16 PM

I'll be saving that for later.

gerbnl
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 8, 2004, 01:10 PM

Originally posted by Gemini:
"The Fog of War" -- autobiographical documentary on Macnamara (Sec. of Defense during Vietnam war). It's very dry. But I enjoyed hearing his point of view. It's a great look back.
This is ONE fantastic documentary! For me it made Robert McNamara into a real, sympathetic individual. A must see for all.

Go to this (flash) website to learn more about this movie (and incidentally also a good example on how to do a flash site properly)

PS: and great music by Philip Glass too!!
( Last edited by gerbnl; Jul 8, 2004 at 04:25 PM. )
These people are Americans. Don't expect anything meaningful or... uh... normalcy...

gerbnl
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 8, 2004, 01:16 PM

Originally posted by cszar2001:
Can�t wait for the Supersize Me DVD; that�s one movie I�m really interested in.
The Corporation sounds very interesting.

Anyone seen this one yet:
Orwell rolls in his grave
This one genuinely gave me the creeps, as i mentioned before in another thread, it is strange, but soooo in-line with the topic of the movie that it is little known en even less loved.
These people are Americans. Don't expect anything meaningful or... uh... normalcy...

GoGoReggieXPowars
Mac Elite
Jul 8, 2004, 04:13 PM

Yeah, "The Fog Of War" was damn good, and the only one of these I've seen. Yay Errol Morris!

pman68
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 8, 2004, 04:33 PM

In before the lock.

Amazing what a C student can accomplish.....

RESUME

GEORGE W. BUSH

1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
Washington, DC 20520

EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:

Law Enforcement:
I was arrested in Kennebunkport, Maine, in 1976 for driving under the influence of alcohol. I pled guilty, paid a fine, and had my driver's license suspended for 30 days. My Texas driving record has been "lost" and is not available.

Military:
I joined the Texas Air National Guard and went AWOL. I refused to take a drug test or answer any questions about my drug use. By joining the Texas Air National Guard, I was able to avoid combat duty in Vietnam.

College:
I graduated from Yale University with a low C average. I was a cheerleader.

PAST WORK EXPERIENCE:
I ran for U.S. Congress and lost. I began my career in the oil business in Midland, Texas, in 1975. I bought an oil company, but couldn't find any oil in Texas. The company went bankrupt shortly after I sold all my stock. I bought the Texas Rangers baseball team in a sweetheart deal that took land using taxpayer money. With the help of my father and our friends in the oil industry (including Enron CEO Ken Lay), I was elected governor of Texas.

ACCOMPLISHMENTS AS GOVERNOR OF TEXAS:

- I changed Texas pollution laws to favor power and oil companies, making Texas the most polluted state in the Union. During my tenure, Houston replaced Los Angeles as the most smog-ridden city in America.

- I cut taxes and bankrupted the Texas treasury to the tune of billions in borrowed money.

- I set the record for the most executions by any governor in American history.

- With the help of my brother, the governor of Florida, and my father's appointments to the Supreme Court, I became President after losing by over 500,000 votes.

ACCOMPLISHMENTS AS PRESIDENT:

- I am the first President in U.S. history to enter office with a criminal record.

- I invaded and occupied two countries at a continuing cost of over one billion dollars per week.

- I spent the U.S. surplus and effectively bankrupted the U.S. Treasury.

- I shattered the record for the largest annual deficit in U.S. history.

- I set an economic record for most private bankruptcies filed in any 12-month period.

- I set the all-time record for most foreclosures in a 12-month period.

- I set the all-time record for the biggest drop in the history of the U.S. stock market. In my first year in office, over 2 million Americans lost their jobs and that trend continues every month.

- I'm proud that the members of my cabinet are the richest of any administration in U.S. history. My "poorest millionaire," Condoleeza Rice, has a Chevron oil tanker named after her.

- I set the record for most campaign fund-raising trips by a U.S. President.

- I am the all-time U.S. and world record-holder for receiving the most corporate campaign donations.

- My largest lifetime campaign contributor, and one of my best friends, Kenneth Lay, presided over the largest corporate bankruptcy fraud in U.S. History, Enron.

- My political party used Enron private jets and corporate attorneys to assure my success with the U.S. Supreme Court during my election decision.

- I have protected my friends at Enron and Halliburton against investigation or prosecution. More time and money was spent investigating the Monica Lewinsky affair than has been spent investigating one of the biggest corporate rip-offs in history. I presided over the biggest energy crisis in U.S. history and refused to
intervene when corruption involving the oil industry was revealed.

- I presided over the highest gasoline prices in U.S. history.

- I changed the U.S. policy to allow convicted criminals to be awarded government contracts.

- I appointed more convicted criminals to administration than any President in U.S. history.

- I created the Ministry of Homeland Security, the largest bureaucracy in the history of the United States government.

- I've broken more international treaties than any President in U.S. history.

- I am the first President in U.S. history to have the United Nations remove the U.S. from the Human Rights Commission.

- I withdrew the U.S. from the World Court of Law.

- I refused to allow inspector's access to U.S. "prisoners of war" detainees and thereby have refused to abide by the Geneva Convention.

- I am the first President in history to refuse United Nations election inspectors (during the 2002 U.S. election).

- I set the record for fewest numbers of press conferences of any President since the advent of television.

- I set the all-time record for most days on vacation in any one-year period. After taking off the entire month of August, I presided over the worst security failure in U.S. history.

- I garnered the most sympathy ever for the U.S. after the World Trade Center attacks and less than a year later made the U.S. the most hated country in the world, the largest failure of diplomacy in world history.

- I have set the all-time record for most people worldwide to simultaneously protest me in public venues (15 million people), shattering the record for protests against any person in the history of mankind.

- I am the first President in U.S. history to order an unprovoked, pre-emptive attack and the military occupation of a sovereign nation. I did so against the will of the United Nations, the majority of U.S. citizens, and the world community.

- I have cut health care benefits for war veterans and support a cut in duty benefits for active duty troops and their families in wartime.

- In my State of the Union Address, I lied about our reasons for attacking Iraq and then blamed the lies on our British friends.

- I am the first President in history to have a majority of Europeans (71%) view my presidency as the biggest threat to world peace and security.

- I am supporting development of a nuclear "Tactical Bunker Buster," a WMD.

- I have so far failed to fulfill my pledge to bring Osama Bin Laden to justice.

RECORDS AND REFERENCES:

-All records of my tenure as governor of Texas are now in my father's library, sealed and unavailable for public view.

- All records of SEC investigations into my insider trading and my bankrupt companies are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.

- All records or minutes from meetings that I, or my Vice-President, attended regarding public energy policy are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public review.

Zimphire
Baninated
Jul 8, 2004, 04:34 PM

( Last edited by Zimphire; Jul 9, 2004 at 12:09 PM. )

PacHead
Baninated
Jul 8, 2004, 04:51 PM

Some people don't seem to realize that we are in the midst of a global war, and the enemy isn't going away, regardless if Bush or not is in office.

They are going to keep attacking us, regardless of who is in the whitehouse, and regardless of how appeasing they are or regardless of what kind of silly, out of date hairdos they may have.

Keep whining about the money spent, it won't make a hell of a lot difference if you are dead.

As for Micheal Moore's movie, he is obviously not too bright, because the enemy will still be around long after Bush is gone. And no amount of lies, or fabrications, or coverups will change that fact.

Axo1ot1  (op)
Professional Poster
Jul 8, 2004, 05:15 PM

Iraq didn't attack us and didn't have the capacity to attack us.

dreilly1
Mac Elite
Jul 8, 2004, 05:19 PM

Originally posted by cszar2001:
Can�t wait for the Supersize Me DVD; that�s one movie I�m really interested in.
I'm waiting for the Special Edition five-disc set; call it "Supersize Me -- Extra Large Edition!"

Axo1ot1 should re-post this thread, without any mention of Michael Moore or 911. We've beat that horse to death already, and there are other documentaries we could talk about.

I really do want to see The Corporation, I first heard about it a few weeks ago on Plastic and was very intrigued. As a cog in the Corporate Machine, I had always thought that it was a bit pathological. But I don't think I can spare the time to see it in a theater. I'm sure it will be out on DVD, though.

Member of the the Stupid Brigade! (If you see Sponsored Links in any of my posts, please PM me!)

PacHead
Baninated
Jul 8, 2004, 05:20 PM

Iraq didn't attack us and didn't have the capacity to attack us.
Who's talking about Iraq ? I'm talking globally. The enemy has planted itself in virtually every single country in the world.

gerbnl
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 8, 2004, 05:55 PM

Originally posted by PacHead:
Who's talking about Iraq ? I'm talking globally. The enemy has planted itself in virtually every single country in the world.
Yeah! I am also afraid that we'll never get rid of these multi-national corporations.

The good thing about it though, is that by infiltrating all those countries they're going to be influenced by the people in those countries. And they're going to find out that those people are not the greedy anti-muslim bastards they're set out to be.... hopefully.

Hmmm, probably to deep for here, never mind!
( Last edited by gerbnl; Jul 8, 2004 at 06:00 PM. )

paully dub
Mac Elite
Jul 8, 2004, 05:55 PM

Hey what are you talking about, I may travel a lot, but I've hardly been to every single country.

Adopt-A-Yankee

OH-N'omac
Jul 8, 2004, 05:58 PM

He's easy to find in this country, just go to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

Axo1ot1  (op)
Professional Poster
Jul 8, 2004, 06:05 PM

But it hadn't in Iraq because saddam made it impossible for them to operate. Then Bush has his testosterone fest and forgets to protect Iraq's borders, creates a failed state, and bingo! Now Iraq is a breeding ground for terrorists and a hot-seat of global terrorism. Fantastic!

sideus
Mac Elite
Jul 8, 2004, 06:07 PM

Originally posted by OH-N'omac:
Or the enemy is a Senator (D-Mass.).

mike one
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 8, 2004, 06:47 PM

BTW unless you can prove Bush knew beforehand that what he said wasn't true, you have no case. You do know that right?
let's say that bush didn't know, let's assume that, since we don't know, nor can we prove it one way or the other.

he is responsible, taking the US to war is HIS responsibility, he was the one with said information, he needs to be responsible, accountable, and if someone fu*(ed up, they should have been fired, where is the fallout, did bush dismiss one single person? no. he didn't. The problem is, under the Bush whitehouse no one can do wrong, no mistakes can be made, so no one can be held accountable.

so this whole WMD thing, was a big lie, someone must have known it was a lie, or rather tried to perputate something that wasn't true, or couldn't be confirmed. someone peddled bogus information that resulted in the unneccesary deaths of at least 11,000 human beings. 11,000 people. 99.5% of which would still be alive, today, if bush didn't go ahead with this war.

want to talk about 'the left' getting their facts straight?
who the FOK didn't check the facts in the white house?
you know the answer. you arrogance and pride won't let you admit it.

Axo1ot1  (op)
Professional Poster
Jul 8, 2004, 06:49 PM

Originally posted by mike one:
let's say that bush didn't know, let's assume that, since we don't know, nor can we prove it one way or the other.

he is responsible, taking the US to war is HIS responsibility, he was the one with said information, he needs to be responsible, accountable, and if someone fu*(ed up, they should have been fired, where is the fallout, did bush dismiss one single person? no. he didn't. The problem is, under the Bush whitehouse no one can do wrong, no mistakes can be made, so no one can be held accountable.

so this whole WMD thing, was a big lie, someone must have known it was a lie, or rather tried to perputate something that wasn't true, or couldn't be confirmed. someone peddled bogus information that resulted in the unneccesary deaths of at least 11,000 human beings. 11,000 people. 99.5% of which would still be alive, today, if bush didn't go ahead with this war.

want to talk about 'the left' getting their facts straight?
who the FOK didn't check the facts in the white house?
you know the answer. you arrogance and pride won't let you admit it.
you are correct, sir

Atomic Rooster
Jul 8, 2004, 07:02 PM

alphasubzero949
Mac Elite
Jul 8, 2004, 07:02 PM

PacHead
Baninated
Jul 8, 2004, 08:51 PM

Originally posted by gerbnl:
Yeah! I am also afraid that we'll never get rid of these multi-national corporations.

The good thing about it though, is that by infiltrating all those countries they're going to be influenced by the people in those countries. And they're going to find out that those people are not the greedy anti-muslim bastards they're set out to be.... hopefully.
So you think Al-Qaeda members or sympathizers will change their minds ?

Not going to happen. They want to kill you regardless.

They are on a mission.

PacHead
Baninated
Jul 8, 2004, 08:52 PM

Originally posted by paully dub:
Hey what are you talking about, I may travel a lot, but I've hardly been to every single country.
Are you being a comedian, or are you ignorant to the fact that Al-Qaeda & friends has operatives in many, many countries ?
( Last edited by PacHead; Jul 8, 2004 at 08:58 PM. )

PacHead
Baninated
Jul 8, 2004, 08:54 PM

Originally posted by OH-N'omac:
A miserable attempt at leftist deflection from the truth.

PacHead
Baninated
Jul 8, 2004, 08:55 PM

But it hadn't in Iraq because saddam made it impossible for them to operate. Then Bush has his testosterone fest and forgets to protect Iraq's borders, creates a failed state, and bingo! Now Iraq is a breeding ground for terrorists and a hot-seat of global terrorism. Fantastic!
Not true. Many of the terrorists in Iraq are being sent there from neighboring, terrorist supporting countries.

Axo1ot1  (op)
Professional Poster
Jul 8, 2004, 09:39 PM

Not true. Many of the terrorists in Iraq are being sent there from neighboring, terrorist supporting countries.
Oh my god you're right! There are terrorist there now, and there weren't before! I'm sure glad we had Rumsfeld to run this war in his immaculate wisdom and Wolfowitz to manage it in his supreme competence!

Atomic Rooster
Jul 8, 2004, 10:00 PM

<edit> Sorry packy, got you mixed up with another vile spewer...dcolton. <edit>

You're showing all the reasons why you got the boot from the war room.

You trying for the lounge next?
( Last edited by Atomic Rooster; Jul 10, 2004 at 08:06 PM. )

Zimphire
Baninated
Jul 8, 2004, 10:09 PM

Originally posted by Atomic Rooster:
Pacman

You're showing all the reasons why you got the boot from the war room.
He got banned for speaking the truth?

WOW.

Forum Links
Forum Rules