Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Expos� and Keyboard/Cursor shortcuts?

Expos� and Keyboard/Cursor shortcuts?
danengel
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 10, 2003, 04:26 PM

I just wonder if one can switch between windows in Expos� with the cursor keys, which would save me the mouse.

Real men don't click...

It would also be nice to assign a letter to some window with e.g. Shift-A, so one could get back to that window by pressing A only.

Thanks,
Daniel

7Macfreak
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 11, 2003, 01:24 AM

yes you can

danengel  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 11, 2003, 04:58 AM

Hiphiphooray now this rocks!

iNeusch
Mac Elite
Jul 11, 2003, 06:06 AM

Originally posted by danengel:
Hiphiphooray now this rocks!
I've used the beta, it really rocks...........

danengel  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 11, 2003, 06:21 AM

So I can definitely stop whining for multiple desktops.

But no shortcuts, right?

iNeusch
Mac Elite
Jul 11, 2003, 06:42 AM

So I can definitely stop whining for multiple desktops.

But no shortcuts, right?
Shortcuts ?

You can press the F keys for the Finder windows, all apps of to hide the windows (show desktop)

danengel  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 11, 2003, 06:58 AM

Shortcuts?
If you frequently switch between only a few windows, Expos� would allow you to assign a one-letter shortcut to any window. When pressing one of the F-keys to activate Expos�, you could assign a shortcut by pressing Shift-M for the Mail window, Shift-X for the Terminal and so on. The next time you active Expos�, you could simply press X and the Terminal would appear. Two keys would be sufficient to access any of your window (unless you have more than 26). Expos� would also show the shortcut-letter on top of each window so you don't have to remember too much.

iNeusch
Mac Elite
Jul 11, 2003, 07:06 AM

If you frequently switch between only a few windows, Expos� would allow you to assign a one-letter shortcut to any window. When pressing one of the F-keys to activate Expos�, you could assign a shortcut by pressing Shift-M for the Mail window, Shift-X for the Terminal and so on. The next time you active Expos�, you could simply press X and the Terminal would appear. Two keys would be sufficient to access any of your window (unless you have more than 26). Expos� would also show the shortcut-letter on top of each window so you don't have to remember too much.
Interesting
Nothing like this here...

I use dragthing to do that

mitchell_pgh
Posting Junkie
Jul 11, 2003, 10:46 AM

How does Expos� work with dual monitors? I'm guessing that it just shrinks with both screens, but I would love to hear a confirmation.

The only other idea I could come up with would be to only shrink the screen that contains the cursor, but that would be silly.

Alex Duffield
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 11, 2003, 01:05 PM

Originally posted by mitchell_pgh:
How does Expos� work with dual monitors? I'm guessing that it just shrinks with both screens, but I would love to hear a confirmation.

The only other idea I could come up with would be to only shrink the screen that contains the cursor, but that would be silly.
I tested this on a coworkers system. It will shrink the windows from both monitors onto only the main window (The one with the menu bar and dock)
Alex Duffield
http://www.incontrolsolutions.com
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: signature() in /usr/local/www/htdocs/showthread.php on line 813

Forum Links
Forum Rules