Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Drives Disconnecting?

Drives Disconnecting?
danger_boy_13
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 1, 2007, 06:19 PM

I am having a problem with OS X randomly ejecting drives. I connect to Windows 2k3 shares through Finder, and it has been ejecting them every so often, and i have to reconnect. Today, I had my iPod plugged in (4g Color Screen, 20 GB, Windows formatter) and I was playing music from it through iTunes, and the system disconnected it (I got the error about possibly having problems if you disconnect your drive before ejecting it). Any suggestions on what could be wrong?
Until Then, I Remain...

12" PowerBook G4 1.33 Ghz, 1.25 GB RAM, 60 GB HDD, Combo drive, Macmice MouseBT, Spymac.Case

Sethro
Forum Regular
Aug 1, 2007, 10:19 PM

Could be something wrong with the Windows partition, perhaps something go corrupted. Also I would make sure that all system permissions are correct and that there are no disk errors. A last ditch effort would be completely reformat the drives and see if they keep in randomly unmount.

danger_boy_13  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 2, 2007, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Sethro View Post
Could be something wrong with the Windows partition, perhaps something go corrupted. Also I would make sure that all system permissions are correct and that there are no disk errors. A last ditch effort would be completely reformat the drives and see if they keep in randomly unmount.
I don't think it is the Windows partitions. This is at work and the other Mac users don't have this problem with the server drives, and my iPod works fine on all my other machines.
Until Then, I Remain...

12" PowerBook G4 1.33 Ghz, 1.25 GB RAM, 60 GB HDD, Combo drive, Macmice MouseBT, Spymac.Case

danger_boy_13  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 2, 2007, 11:03 AM

Oh, I didn't indicate this in my original post. This is on a Macbook Pro (2.2 Ghz C2D, 2 GB RAM) running the latest version of OS X.
Until Then, I Remain...

Forum Links
Forum Rules