Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Alternative Operating Systems > Parallels finishing problems...

Parallels finishing problems...
abest86
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 23, 2007, 11:41 AM

I've installed WinXP Pro through Boot Camp successfully on a new IMac. Now I'm trying to install Parallels to ease the transition but when I get to the final step of Installation assistant and try to click the "Finish" button, nothing happens. The button doesn't depress, it just restarts the "pulse" cycle on the color of the button. This is Parallels 3.0, rebuild 4560. Any ideas?

Sethro
Forum Regular
Aug 25, 2007, 12:17 AM

Thats weird, are you sure that after installing Boot Camp you Verified and Repaired all disks, its something that is usually the cause of almost 99% of all Mac related problems. If that does not work then what you could do is repeat what your doing and look it up in the Console, it basically keeps a written record of whats going on in the system.

Good Luck, remember its always a good idea to repair and verify the disk that your using, especially after re-partitioning a drive or installing large software updates.

abest86  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 28, 2007, 09:45 AM

well i can check the Macintosh HDD. it's ok. the other partition i made for XP i can't check through disk utility... and ontop of that, even when i just try to install XP through parallels, it gives me the same problem.

also, how would i check all of this through the console? i'm not that framiliar with the inner workings of Mac.

ibook_steve
Aug 28, 2007, 01:30 PM

Can you still boot OK into BC? Try simply uninstalling and then reinstalling Parallels and creating a new virtual machine.

Steve

abest86  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 6, 2007, 10:33 AM

it worked. turns out that durring the install and setup of Paralles, it was sending it to the dir. in just the hard disk. so i redirected it to the parallels in my user name.

you just have to remember to pay attention when setting up parallels and not just click next every chance you get.

thanks for all the help and suggestions.

Forum Links
Forum Rules