Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Mac News > New lockscreen bypass discovered in iOS 6.1.3

New lockscreen bypass discovered in iOS 6.1.3
NewsPoster
MacNN Staff
Mar 20, 2013, 05:01 PM

A new lockscreen bypass has been discovered in iOS 6.1.3, notes iPhoneinCanada. Unlike the tricks discovered in iOS 6.1, the new one appears to affect only the iPhone 4. It also, unusually, involves popping out an iPhone's SIM card while using Voice Control to dial an emergency number.

The hack was first exposed in a YouTube video, and has been tested by iPhoneinCanada. Once past the lockscreen, users can access contacts and photos. An easy way of disabling the hack, however, involves turning Voice Dial off in the Passcode Lock menu under Settings.

iOS 6.1.3, released just yesterday, was itself meant to disable lockscreen bypasses. It's believed to have solved both hacks in v6.1.

( Last edited by NewsPoster; Mar 20, 2013 at 05:03 PM. )

Geoduck
Forum Regular
Mar 20, 2013, 05:15 PM

How the h311 do people find these?!?
I mean seriously ejecting the SIM card while dialing Emergency? Why would anyone even th9ink of doing that?
Though I did not know the place, I set out for the land of my dreams
When I arrived at the land of my dreams, I found I did not know the place

Mr. Strat
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 20, 2013, 05:29 PM

OK - if it's an even-numbered Tuesday, and you swing a dead chicken over your head while dancing the Hokey-Pokey backwards - you can bypass the lock screen. Jeez...get a life, people. I don't even have a passcode on my iPhone or my iPad. If you think there's something really interesting in there, knock yourself out.

jpellino
Forum Regular
Mar 20, 2013, 09:04 PM

No SIM card, no problem?
Just sayin'

Forum Links
Forum Rules