Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Tech News > Full review: Apple iPad Air

Full review: Apple iPad Air
NewsPoster
MacNN Staff
Nov 3, 2013, 08:30 AM

Although there were numerous accurate leaks ahead of the iPad launch, Apple managed to surprise with its latest 9.7-inch Retina display-equipped iPad. Not only did it get a new name, the iPad Air, it is a dramatically thinner and lighter than ever before. Although Apple's overall market share is declining as a percentage, the still-expanding tablet segment and the ongoing popularity of the iPad has ensured that Apple continues to sell more iPads than ever. Despite the challenge posed by cheaper white box Android tablets, along with those from its major competitors including Samsung and Google, Apple has continued with a proven strategy of making premium hardware and selling them at premium prices. But is the best tablet experience on the market worth the price of admission when you can get a similar experience for less? Read on in our full review of the Apple iPad Air.

( Last edited by NewsPoster; Nov 3, 2013 at 08:47 AM. )

Geoduck
Forum Regular
Nov 3, 2013, 06:09 PM

"is the best tablet experience on the market worth the price of admission when you can get a similar experience for less?"
A Hyundai can provide a "similar" experience" to a Mercendes.
A Daihatsu can provide a "similar" experience" to a Ferrari.
Some people look at the bottom line. Some people want quality knowing that more up front means less cost down the road. We got our iPad2 when it came out two and a half years ago and it's going strong. I wouldn't expect to get less than another year and a half (for a total of four) at least. Don't see that happening with a Samsung or a Nook.
Though I did not know the place, I set out for the land of my dreams
When I arrived at the land of my dreams, I found I did not know the place

b9bot
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 4, 2013, 01:29 PM

Would you get the same experience for less? The answer to that is an absolute NO!!
Why? Because there is no other tablet with a 64bit processor on the market. The others haven't even thought of it yet until now. What else is different? The others use phone apps, not real tablet apps like the iPad. That alone makes the iPad experience above and beyond anything out there no matter what the price. Battery life is another reason, the iPad beats the competition easily in that catagory as well.

kooBi
Nov 10, 2013, 11:46 PM

Why does the teaser on the front page lead to this page (another teaser) so I have to click again to get to the actual article. Did microsoft design your website?

Forum Links
Forum Rules