Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Music Store refuses to let me sign up.

Music Store refuses to let me sign up.
Seamus
Forum Regular
Apr 28, 2003, 09:38 PM

It tells me to please input my 7-digit phone #, which is CLEARLY entered. Anyone else having this problem?
I'm a bad...motherf%#!ing DJ

jparisi
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 28, 2003, 09:40 PM

Originally posted by Seamus:
It tells me to please input my 7-digit phone #, which is CLEARLY entered. Anyone else having this problem?
i am.... frustrating.....

Seamus  (op)
Forum Regular
Apr 28, 2003, 09:42 PM

Originally posted by jparisi:
i am.... frustrating.....
Alright, this has to be a form error. I've tried every single combination of numbers in those two fields, and nothing works.

I guess Apple will have to settle with receiving my money a little later...

William_F_House
Forum Regular
Apr 28, 2003, 09:44 PM

Yep...same issue here. Almost glad to hear that it's cropping up with at least a few other users.

Always nice to not be the ONLY crazy one. ;-)
- William F. House

Boulder, Colorado
Pre-med student, Radiology Assistant
& sometimes writer

SOLIDAge
Mac Elite
Apr 28, 2003, 09:44 PM

im holding my credit card bill
and i've entered the address VERBADUM
and according to iTunes Music store, the billing address doesn't match the one on file w/ the bank....
i've tried 1000800 times

dettociao
Senior User
Apr 28, 2003, 09:45 PM

Originally posted by solidage:
im holding my credit card bill
and i've entered the address VERBADUM
and according to iTunes Music store, the billing address doesn't match the one on file w/ the bank....
i've tried 1000800 times
Same. Exact. Problem.

arghhhhhhhhh
-.-
12" SuperDrive

normyzo
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 29, 2003, 12:48 AM

Yep, same here. I already had an Apple ID from ADC, and it puts my exchange prefix in the area code box and the last 4 digits into the phone number box. Even if I change it, it doesn't work. Argh. I've already thought of a couple songs I would buy.

Dan

SOLIDAge
Mac Elite
Apr 29, 2003, 01:55 AM

apple's response? please make sure your not an idiot...

Dear Apple Customer,

Thank you for contacting Apple.

We have researched your issue and suggest that you verify that all of your billing information, including phone number, is correct. You may also want to verify that your .Mac information exactly matches the billing information you are trying to enter. If you have verified that you have entered all your information correctly and still receive the same error message, please contact us again so that we may research your issue further.

If you wish to edit any of the personal information you provided to us when you set up your Music Store account (for example, if your name, address or phone number has changed), please visit www.apple.com/support/musicstore and select Account Information from the pull down menu, then click on Editing Account. You may also go to iTunes and Music Store Help, select Contents, and Buying music. Please note that only you can edit your account information, Apple does not have the ability to do this for you.

For additional questions, please refer to www.apple.com/support/musicstore or iTunes and Music Store Help for assistance. Answers to many of your questions may be found here.

Thank you for choosing Apple. Our music selection is updated weekly so be sure to return to www.apple.com/iTunes often to check out the latest new music.

The iTunes Music Store Team

iDaver
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 29, 2003, 02:13 AM

Had the same problem but finally figured out that updated credit card information couldn't be entered via iTunes. It had to be updated on the web at the Apple Store; store.apple.com. After I did that, and tried again with iTunes, making sure that all the information was the same as it was at the Apple Store, it worked fine.

This may or may not be your problem, but I was getting the red line that read "phone number must be a 7-digit number" even though I wasn't trying to update that particular bit of information.

Hope this helps.

Maneki Neko
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 29, 2003, 02:58 AM

Originally posted by normyzo:
Yep, same here. I already had an Apple ID from ADC, and it puts my exchange prefix in the area code box and the last 4 digits into the phone number box. Even if I change it, it doesn't work. Argh. I've already thought of a couple songs I would buy.

Dan
I had the same problem, had to end up using my .mac account. Is the credit card you're signing up with the same as the one you've used on your ADC apple ID?

Seamus  (op)
Forum Regular
Apr 29, 2003, 04:00 AM

I just looked at my information through .mac, and it's 100% identical to the information I'm putting through iTunes, yet I'm STILL getting that phone # error. I suppose I could create an Apple ID for it, but it would be so much easier if it would just use my damn .mac account like it should.

Gul Banana
Mac Elite
Apr 29, 2003, 06:52 AM

Originally posted by solidage:
VERBADUM
"verbatim"

- Making the world a little bit better, one word at a time.
[vash:~] banana% killall killall
Terminated

typoon
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 29, 2003, 07:28 AM

Here's what I did. I had a problem when I first went to purchase a song and couldn't enter that 3 digit pin or security number on the back of the CC. I went into the Applestore from apple.com, checked over my info and then enabled oneclick. No problems after that.
"Evil is Powerless If the Good are Unafraid." -Ronald Reagan

Apple and Intel, the dawning of a NEW era.

William_F_House
Forum Regular
Apr 29, 2003, 09:06 AM

I'm not having problems with the phone number any more. I've not done anything any differently, so I'm not sure why it works now.

However, when I get to the part where it asks whether or not I'm inside or outside of Boulder (for tax rate), I get an message saying that there "was and error" and to "please try again later".

I went to the Apple Store and enabled 1-Click buying and that doesn't seem to have made any difference - at least not yet. Perhaps it'll go through later.
- William F. House

Boulder, Colorado
& sometimes writer

normyzo
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 29, 2003, 10:11 AM

Hi,

I went to the Apple Store, logged in with my Apple ID, and lo and behold, my phone number was entered wrong there. No area code for either work or evening. So it must be checking against what they already have on file, and not allowing you to change it. So then why DO they let you THINK you can change it?

DAn

William_F_House
Forum Regular
Apr 29, 2003, 11:10 AM

Works fine now. I went to the Apple Store and re-entered all my info.

I was then able to finish the setup in iTunes 4 and I've made two song purchases so far.

Good stuff.
- William F. House

Boulder, Colorado
& sometimes writer

typoon
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 29, 2003, 11:17 AM

Originally posted by normyzo:
Hi,

I went to the Apple Store, logged in with my Apple ID, and lo and behold, my phone number was entered wrong there. No area code for either work or evening. So it must be checking against what they already have on file, and not allowing you to change it. So then why DO they let you THINK you can change it?

DAn
That's Exactly what I did. I logged in from the website checked it out then enabled oneclick then away I went downloading my first song.
"Evil is Powerless If the Good are Unafraid." -Ronald Reagan

Apple and Intel, the dawning of a NEW era.

Forum Links
Forum Rules