Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > How many songs/albums have you downloaded?

How many songs/albums have you downloaded?
cacarr1
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 30, 2003, 11:10 PM

...via the new Apple Music store. Just curious as I'm finding this quite addicting. As of this writing, I've dowloaded 27 songs (18 on one album...$9.99 is a steal!).

Chris.
Uva uvam vivendo varia fit - Augustus McCrae

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
May 1, 2003, 12:01 AM

Just 3 for me. Bob Dylan's Exclusive tracks. Great deal. Now I have some Dylan tracks that my Dad doesn't! That's worth $2.97 any day!

Scarpia
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 1, 2003, 12:09 AM

Up to 30 now, for a total of about $24 (plus tax). Great deal!

I really think that Apple hit a homerun with this service. I'm previewing all sorts of music that I never would have encountered before, and being able to buy it with one click is far too tempting. I'm going to go broke soon!

Andrew 8808
Mac Enthusiast
May 1, 2003, 12:31 AM

One.

I'll probably download more, whenever I get cable, which should hopefully be soon if all goes well.

businezguy
Mac Enthusiast
May 1, 2003, 01:23 AM

So far I've purchased 5. I kind of skipped the whole cd-purchasing era, so this is ideal for me. I know a lot of music, but I don't know the names of the groups or the names of the songs, so I can search through the popular artists and find a lot of the music I'm interested in.

So far some Simon and Garfunkle and Mike and the Mechanics.

So many of these box sets are a great deal from Apple. It is disappointing that the majority of the box sets force you to purchase the songs individually and also excuse 1 or 2 tracks. I don't see the sense in doing that?
Dual 1 ghz MDD with 80 gig and 1.25 DDR
17' Flat Panel Studio Display
14' 800 mhz iBook 30 gig and 256 SDRAM
20 gig iPOD

Seamus
Forum Regular
May 1, 2003, 01:29 AM

One, just to see how the service worked.

If Radiohead releases Hail to the Thief to this service for 10 bucks, I'll buy that too.
I'm a bad...motherf%#!ing DJ

OptimusG4
Mac Elite
May 1, 2003, 01:31 AM

6 songs and 1 album, Robert Miles 'Dreamland'. Great stuff. Plan on buying more in the future.
"Another classic science-fiction show cancelled before its time" ~ Bender

15.2" PowerBook 1.25GHz, 80GB HD, 768MB RAM, SuperDrive

BZ
Grizzled Veteran
May 1, 2003, 04:40 AM

2 Albums, 5 singles total of 50 songs.

I would like to know the updated schedule though... Is it every day, week? I go back in the morning expecting to see all the lists changed, but they stay the same.

Do you think Apple will follow traditional music releases on Tuesdays?

BZ

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
May 1, 2003, 06:09 AM

Originally posted by BZ:
2 Albums, 5 singles total of 50 songs.

I would like to know the updated schedule though... Is it every day, week? I go back in the morning expecting to see all the lists changed, but they stay the same.

Do you think Apple will follow traditional music releases on Tuesdays?

BZ
I'm pretty sure they will. When you signed up you have a choice to receive email updates on "New Music Tuesdays" (or something like that). I think this week was an exception, as I didn't receive an email on Tuesday. But I expect new stuff next Tuesday!

EDIT - Actually, I found it on apple.com:

"...So if you like special live tracks, remixes and more, come back often and be sure to sign up for the free ?New Music Tuesdays? email bulletin (available when you create your account) to keep current with all the new releases and newly added exclusives."

Jerommeke
Mac Elite
May 1, 2003, 06:10 AM

(Living in Europe without a credit card)
iMac G5 2.0 Ghz 20", 2 GB RAM, 400 GB, OS X 10.4.5, iPod with color screen 60 GB

spauldingg
Grizzled Veteran
May 1, 2003, 07:03 AM

just my luck, the only complete album I wanted to buy is the only (pop) album that costs 17 bucks instead of ten.
(Gorilllaz)
“The love of liberty is the love of others; the love of power is the love of ourselves.” -- William Hazlitt

bbales
Mac Elite
May 1, 2003, 09:51 AM

5 singles so far -- all songs from my past, so to speak. But I'm looking for more! Unfortunately, even though I think the selection is quite impressive, there's still lots more (OK, drek, most likely) that's not on yet. But I bet the store will be getting more all the time. I love this store -- you can get indivdual song titles at a reasonable price. I'm reliving my highschool/college years -- and we're going back a quarter of a century and more -- through the songs I heard then.

Forum Links
Forum Rules