Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > No Access Priviledges to Rip CDs in iTunes

No Access Priviledges to Rip CDs in iTunes
Seamus
Forum Regular
Aug 14, 2004, 11:27 PM

Hi everyone, I've been trying to rip a number of my CDs tonight, and I found that I could not rip anything after about 5 discs into the procedure. I get the error message that I "do not have enough access privileges for this operation." Every single CD I try to rip now gives me this exact same message. I tried dumping the CDDB data files in the preferences folder, but I just get the same error each and every time for ANY disc. I found that turning off the "connect to internet automatically when needed" option in iTunes stops the auto-download of the CDDB track data and allows me to rip CDs, but of course all my files are nameless, which is a real pain in the ass. If I "get CD track names" at any time, the disc becomes unrippable. This happens in both Toast AND iTunes.

I'm starting to think that the disc I tried to rip when this happened must have had some sort of copy-protection that messed up my ripping ability permanently. Anyone have any insight on my situation? Thanks
( Last edited by Seamus; Aug 14, 2004 at 11:38 PM. )
I'm a bad...motherf%#!ing DJ

Nodnarb
Mac Elite
Aug 15, 2004, 02:28 AM

Originally posted by Seamus:

I'm starting to think that the disc I tried to rip when this happened must have had some sort of copy-protection that messed up my ripping ability permanently. Anyone have any insight on my situation? Thanks
What disc were you using?

rytc
Senior User
Aug 15, 2004, 05:12 AM

Originally posted by Seamus:
I found that turning off the "connect to internet automatically when needed" option in iTunes stops the auto-download of the CDDB track data and allows me to rip CDs, but of course all my files are nameless, which is a real pain in the ass.

Remember of course that once you've ripped some tracks you can select them and go "Get CD track names" and those ripped tracks will have their names downloaded - i.e. this step can be done before or after ripping from the CD, the CD doesn't even have to be in the drive for this to work. So until you work out the problem re: permissions, that is a work around.

I haven't heard of any protected CDs that stuff up iTunes, but possible I guess. You should also repair your permissions using Disk Utility as that may be causing your prob. rather than anything iTunesy.

Forum Links
Forum Rules