Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > OOB 10/9, Ship or Bump?

OOB 10/9, Ship or Bump?
Bbazzarrakk
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 9, 2003, 11:21 AM

I know there's others out there like me, who consider today The Day. I ordered all the way back on 7/30 and my OOB date has always been 10/9. Will they ship to us at long last or bump us?

My guess: A bump. My order isn't showing any signs of life and Apple seems to have slowed down on shipments quite a bit. (I'm wondering if they have another, or just lingering, supply problems.)

Well, to all of us 10/9ers, Good luck!

Baz

SlimHades
Oct 9, 2003, 02:41 PM

I'm another 10/9er. Looks like a bump for me.

I called yesterday to see if it would ship; it's in the production queue, but isn't yet being produced. And that takes about three days, so no. The rep helpfully told me that today or tomorrow, once the system notices the date's been missed, I'll be emailed a new date.

What the kind of way is that to keep your customers appraised of where their >$3k order stands? They're really burning their goodwill with me.

As for slowing shipments, the word was they were trying to get them all out the door to make their numbers for the quarter. I guess once the calendar turned, it wasn't such a priority anymore.

Bbazzarrakk  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 9, 2003, 05:35 PM

I just got my message, bumped to 10/24. Shuck, I kept hoping they could make that huge lead time.

Baz

SlimHades
Oct 9, 2003, 06:47 PM

I'm sorry to hear that, bazz. Have you tried calling yet to see what the holdup is?

No email yet over here.

Bbazzarrakk  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 9, 2003, 07:34 PM

I sent an email to [email protected]. I tried to remain courteous and objective while telling them that I would be much happier with first come first serve handling of pre-orders in the future. I'm sure it will have little long term effect, but you never know unless you ask.

Baz

SlimHades
Oct 10, 2003, 02:27 AM

No email yet, but the page just switched to 10/24. Someone's going to have a sore ear when they start taking calls tomorrow.

Bbazzarrakk  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 12, 2003, 03:26 PM

Apple finally shipped my order today, three days late. I don't know if my message had any effect or not, they've not aknowlegded receiving it in any way, unless you count this shipment.

Baz

Bbazzarrakk  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 13, 2003, 12:09 PM

Follow up information. When Apple did ship my order, they did it without the Warcraft III expansion I had included. I had originally chose to ship all items together, so they must have overrided that, perhaps because of my letter. Just an FYI, that something other than the machine itself may be slowing orders up.

Baz

SlimHades
Oct 13, 2003, 06:26 PM

Good for you, Baz. I just talked to them today and was told that mine was in the late stages of production and was likely to ship out this week, despite the 10/24 date quoted. We'll see.

Forum Links
Forum Rules