Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Upgrading a PowerMac 6500 from Mac OS 8.5 to 8.6.

Upgrading a PowerMac 6500 from Mac OS 8.5 to 8.6.
namannik
Senior User
Nov 17, 1999, 04:05 PM

I have downloaded the upgrade from 8.5 to 8.6, but I get several errors.

First of all, when it tries to mount the disk image, the checksum is incorrect. If I skip the checksum and attempt to install, it tells me that it had problems reading a Tome file.

I have downloaded the upgrade 2 or 3 times, so I don't think it's a download problem. Any suggestions?

Don Foy
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 17, 1999, 07:19 PM

Actually, it probably is the download. The checksum is there to make sure all the data that is supposed to be there is there. When the checksum is wrong, then not all the data is there and your tome error message bears that out.

What are you downloading it with? Where from?

Try another program, browser or ftp client, and try another mirror. Sometimes that solves the problem.

Forum Links
Forum Rules