Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Terrorist Scum strapping bombs to Dogs

Terrorist Scum strapping bombs to Dogs
typoon
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 10, 2005, 02:49 PM

"Evil is Powerless If the Good are Unafraid." -Ronald Reagan

Apple and Intel, the dawning of a NEW era.

budster101
Baninated
Location: Illinois might be cold and flat, but at least it's ugly.
Aug 10, 2005, 03:17 PM

That is almost as bad as them strapping bombs to retarded people.
I mean really, you'd have to be a retard to strap a bomb to yourself right?

Now dogs.. why don't their leaders do that? Cowards and Scumbags all of them.
Where is OBL? I bet he is caught like a rat in a hole like Saddam Hussein.

placebo1969
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 10, 2005, 03:22 PM

Maybe they should use pigs.

BRussell
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 10, 2005, 03:43 PM

I know they kill innocent civilians, but they're killing dogs now too? Now that's just going too far.

Maybe we can arrange a fight between our dogs and theirs.

Atomic Rooster
Aug 10, 2005, 03:45 PM

They've been doing it to asses.

Not referring to anyone here.

budster101
Baninated
Aug 10, 2005, 03:45 PM

If OBL is caught, they should strap a low yield nuc to his ass and drop him over an alqeada camp... first drop leaflets asking them to surrendor or we'll drop a big bomb on them..... wait 15 seconds then drop the bomb.

typoon  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 10, 2005, 04:06 PM

I wonder if PETA is going to Condemn these terrorists for this action.
"Evil is Powerless If the Good are Unafraid." -Ronald Reagan

Apple and Intel, the dawning of a NEW era.

James L
Mac Elite
Aug 10, 2005, 04:10 PM

This does suck. It isn't just the terrorists, however.

While I deplore the action of terrorist bombing of any kind... remember that there is a link on this very forum to a video of American troops shooting a stray dog for sport while sitting around in Iraq with nothing better to do.

Let's take all of the animal abusers, regardless of nationality, and strap the bombs to them!!! I recently had an.. altercation, with my neighbour over this very issue and his treatment of his two dogs that I watched. I am very glad I knew the two cops who responded and broke up the... discussion we were having over it, or I would probably be posting this from jail!

Atomic Rooster
Aug 10, 2005, 04:20 PM

Next it'll be rats with matchbox sized bombs strapped to their backs. They'll be trained to run up your leg and blow your pecker off.

Rats make good pets by the way.
( Last edited by Atomic Rooster; Aug 10, 2005 at 04:30 PM. )

mojo2
Professional Poster
Aug 10, 2005, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by typoon
Next they'll be sticking M-80's up the asses of pigeons and sending them toward our open air mess halls!

budster101
Baninated
Aug 10, 2005, 04:26 PM

No comment on the rat post.

---

A friend serving in Iraq has a dog he adopted while over there and by chance the dog found a cache of weapons... saw a picture of them... Very cool dog!

Re: Abusing animals. That's just wrong!

mojo2
Professional Poster
Aug 10, 2005, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by typoon
I wonder if PETA is going to Condemn these terrorists for this action.
Now THAT'S a well matched bout. PETA vs Suicide Terrorists! The outcome isn't as much a foregone conclusion as you might think. Those PETA folk are persistent, imaginative and real pains in the ass.

SimpleLife
Mac Elite
Aug 10, 2005, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by BRussell
I know they kill innocent civilians, but they're killing dogs now too? Now that's just going too far.

Maybe we can arrange a fight between our dogs and theirs.
Good point.

Dogs of Vietnam/Brief History:

There is a confirmed list of 3,747 dogs that were used in Vietnam
identified by Dr. Howard Hayes, Veterinarian (RET) of the National
Institute of Health as of March 1994, by "brand number" (a tattoo usually placed
in the left ear of the dog). However, it is estimated that approximately
4,900 dogs where used during the course of the war between 1964 and 1975.
Records of the dogs in Vietnam where not maintained by the military prior to
1968, thus the discrepancy.

How Many Dogs Returned Home?

Only 204 dogs exited Vietnam during the 10-year period. Some
remained in the Pacific, and some returned to the United States. None returned to
civilian life. So what happened to the dogs that remained? Most where
euthanized and the others where turned over to the ARVN (South Vietnamese
Army).

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Aug 10, 2005, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by BRussell

Was that sarcasm intended ?

-t

James L
Mac Elite
Aug 10, 2005, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by budster101
A friend serving in Iraq has a dog he adopted while over there and by chance the dog found a cache of weapons... saw a picture of them... Very cool dog!

There was an episode of the family guy (I think), where the family dog got a job as a drug sniffing dog at the airport. He ended up becoming an addict, and they had to hold an intervention for him.

Very funny. Your comment about your buddies dog sniffing out the weapons cache reminded me of it.

budster101
Baninated
Aug 10, 2005, 07:47 PM

True Story:

This one fellow who was working on site at an Army Base had his truck sitting in the training area. A soldier aproached him and asked if he could use the truck for a "dog sniffing" training exercise. He said "no problem" Well, the dog began to snif and snif, then got all excited and jumped in the back real agitated like... a moment later the soldier came over with a very official look on his face, and then said "Sir, I'm sorry, but our dog, he ate our lunch..."

James L
Mac Elite
Aug 10, 2005, 08:27 PM

True Story:

This one fellow who was working on site at an Army Base had his truck sitting in the training area. A soldier aproached him and asked if he could use the truck for a "dog sniffing" training exercise. He said "no problem" Well, the dog began to snif and snif, then got all excited and jumped in the back real agitated like... a moment later the soldier came over with a very official look on his face, and then said "Sir, I'm sorry, but our dog, he ate our lunch..."

Some of the fire departments I work with take dogs from the pound that are at the point of being put down... and train them as fire investigation dogs to detect fire accelerants, etc.

They usually end up dying early from cancer (like 5-8 years old) due to sniffing in a lot of carcinogens, but they would have been dead right away at the pound otherwise. They end up being really well treated for their life by the fire dudes, and serve good service.

There is a lot of debate about the program, however.

budster101
Baninated
Aug 10, 2005, 09:02 PM

At least they get a home and are treated well. Unlike where they came from. (Streets or Bad homes)

A chance at a decent life for 5-8 years is better than only a few months at best. Dogs are amazing creatures. I can't remember having a better 'friend/pet' evar than the one my wife and I rescued.

He's amazing. Truely a gift to us both... and she hated dogs before I brought him to her office for aproval...

James L
Mac Elite
Aug 10, 2005, 10:33 PM

At least they get a home and are treated well. Unlike where they came from. (Streets or Bad homes)

A chance at a decent life for 5-8 years is better than only a few months at best. Dogs are amazing creatures. I can't remember having a better 'friend/pet' evar than the one my wife and I rescued.

He's amazing. Truely a gift to us both... and she hated dogs before I brought him to her office for aproval...

Absolutely. I am currently training a 7 month old Golden Retriever. she is just starting to enter the teenage phase, and forget everything she has learned so far! There are really only four things that can be done for the next 6 months or so:

1) Train, train, train.

2) Exercise her to the point of exhaustion.

3) Drink ample amounts of alcohol.

4) Repeat!

budster101
Baninated
Aug 10, 2005, 10:37 PM

3) You and or the dog?

We have ourselves a teenager as well... Brittany Spaniel (FRENCH) tricolor of all breeds. He's very smart in good and bad ways. It's about control... and him not getting it.

CRASH HARDDRIVE
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 10, 2005, 10:49 PM

Yes but in the War of 1812, 35,000 dogs were killed, therefore the West is just as guilty as these terrorists and have no moral authority because killing dogs is never justified…

Ah well. I was just testing out what it’s like to try linking an issue to a completely unrelated historic event as a means of drawing a dippy moral "irrelevance"!

xenu
Senior User
Aug 10, 2005, 10:56 PM

Yeah, scum. They should use dolphins, just like good and honest god fearing folk do.
Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it, you'd have good people doing good things and evil people doing bad things, but for good people to do bad things, it takes religion - Steven Weinberg.

budster101
Baninated
Aug 10, 2005, 11:06 PM

The Dolphins didn't die though... the dogs do.

Scandalous Ion Cannon
Mac Elite
Aug 11, 2005, 01:35 AM

**** man that is worse than strapping them to orphans!
"That's okay, I'd like to keep it on manual control for a while."

Y3a
Mac Elite
Aug 11, 2005, 07:20 AM

Dogs are though tto be unclean, so I guess the terrorists must also be unclean. Good!!! Of course we all knew that already. I don't think they EVER BATHE!

Dale Sorel
Mac Elite
Aug 11, 2005, 12:37 PM

These terrorist scumbags will get what's coming to them

Scandalous Ion Cannon
Mac Elite
Aug 13, 2005, 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by Dale Sorel
These terrorist scumbags will get what's coming to them
They say the same about the US in many countries.
"That's okay, I'd like to keep it on manual control for a while."

budster101
Baninated
Aug 13, 2005, 02:29 AM

Maybe you could go and live with those people if you love them so much.

Dale Sorel
Mac Elite
Aug 13, 2005, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Scandalous Ion Cannon
They say the same about the US in many countries.
Who cares what they say. I'm talking about scumbags killing innocent dogs to carry out their terrorism. I don't know how you can go much lower. I guess putting bombs on a three year old little girl would be worse, in some people's minds. In my mind, they're all scum and deserve something much worse than an easy death.

Mac Elite
Aug 13, 2005, 02:20 PM

i'm sure the US government has killed its fair share of innocent animals in its day...and certainly wouldn't hesitate to do it now if it futhered thier objectives...this arguments a wash.

Dale Sorel
Mac Elite
Aug 13, 2005, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Moderator
i'm sure the US government has killed its fair share of innocent animals in its day...and certainly wouldn't hesitate to do it now if it futhered thier objectives...this arguments a wash.
What's your point?

Are you trying to tell me that the US government knowingly kills helpless animals to further its causes? Or maybe they just kill three year old little girls if it helps them accomplish ah objective.

I don't think so.

Having unintended causalities is a far cry from what these a$$holes are doing with the dogs.

Buy a clue

Mac Elite
Aug 14, 2005, 10:32 AM

What's your point?

Are you trying to tell me that the US government knowingly kills helpless animals to further its causes? :
Yes. They call it research.

James L
Mac Elite
Aug 14, 2005, 12:29 PM

What's your point?

Are you trying to tell me that the US government knowingly kills helpless animals to further its causes?
You honestly don't think animals are used in weapons testing, chemical, biological, etc?

Or, for that matter, in medical research?

If you want I can give you the link to US soldiers shooting a dog for FUN in Iraq, but that wouldn't really be the government, so I won't unless you ask.

I am sure there are times where it is necessary, such as in some medical research. I am sure there are also many times where it could be avoided by organizations, people, and nations, but isn't.

Then, you have the civilian animal abusers, who are abundant in all countries. Shoot 'em all, imho.

Unfortunately, this isn't just a terrorist issue.
( Last edited by James L; Aug 14, 2005 at 12:35 PM. )

James L
Mac Elite
Aug 14, 2005, 12:43 PM

3) You and or the dog?

Sorry, missed this.

The alcohol at the end of the training day is none for the pooch, a little for me, and a lot for my wife who was at first etremely reluctant to get a dog (she is a cat person), now loves her, but has her patience tried often by the 7 month old terror!

Actually, Budster, it is quite funny to see the change in the wife with the puppy at home. When I first get home (usually work 12 - 14 hour shifts) I peer through the window and see my wife and the puppy cuddled up on the couch together.

BUT, when I open the door the first thing my wife says is "Do you know what trouble YOUR dog caused today?"

I think she is still trying to act like she doesn't love the dog.

Yeah, right!

Pendergast
Mac Elite
Aug 14, 2005, 12:48 PM

What's your point?

Are you trying to tell me that the US government knowingly kills helpless animals to further its causes? Or maybe they just kill three year old little girls if it helps them accomplish ah objective.

I don't think so.

Having unintended causalities is a far cry from what these a$$holes are doing with the dogs.

Buy a clue
Animals have been used for many purposes. Either cosmetics, food testing and all.

But the weapon makers as well as the armies of several countries (including Canada) used animals to study the effect of bulllets on animal physiology, and extrapolate on human's.

Other animals have been used for intelligence purposes as well as special operations. Rumored; the use of dolphins to carry payloads to enemy ships, especially in the Red Sea, but elsewhere as well.

I understand this sounds disgusting, but if war justifies many morally reprehensible acts, the preparation to eventual wars is just the same.

Dale Sorel
Mac Elite
Aug 14, 2005, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Pendergast
But the weapon makers as well as the armies of several countries (including Canada) used animals to study the effect of bulllets on animal physiology, and extrapolate on human's.
Man, people just suck

Pendergast
Mac Elite
Aug 14, 2005, 07:40 PM

Man, people just suck
Funny enough, people are animals too.

The polar bear does not care much for the cries for help from the baby seal, just like the parents of that don't show much empathy. When we fish, or hunt, we are happy toi say how "humane" we are, yet we kill animals who were raised on conditions that are quite insensitive.

We are sensitive to domesticated animals living in our homes, but beyond that we do not care.

Some cetaceans show grief however fot the born dead (beluga are known to carry the dead body of their baby for days in a row). Ants will certainly collect and harvest byproducts from other insects, cuckoos will kill the young of other birds so their descendance survives.

Why would humans be different? Were evolved?

"Evolved" means "better adapted"; therefore, any animals we can train and use for our purposes is good, and its rentability calculated for optimization, according to our control of the environment. That beloved "companion" you have is a result of our control over Nature. Such control allows us to choose animals at the pet shop. Those that don't get sold quickly enough get eliminated because.. they don't sell! Our need for luxury is a tell tale of our condescension towards Nature. Not different from terrorists if you want my opinion; in one case we see, in the other we don't. Pop culture applied to Life.

Why is using animals to kill people so different than using people to kill people? Protection of the species?

Well, we've had millions of deaths from wars started on a whim by our beloved "leaders", for reasons that were mostly none of the concerns of these soldiers. And we should feel shame for abusive usage of animals?

von Wrangell
Professional Poster
Aug 14, 2005, 07:48 PM

So people support a war that kills tens of thousands of innocent civilians but complain about a few dogs?

ps. yes, it's disgusting but there are more important issues to deal with in this war.

To those against whom war is made, permission is given (to fight), because they are wronged;- and verily, Allah is most powerful for their aid

budster101
Baninated
Aug 14, 2005, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by James L
Sorry, missed this.

The alcohol at the end of the training day is none for the pooch, a little for me, and a lot for my wife who was at first etremely reluctant to get a dog (she is a cat person), now loves her, but has her patience tried often by the 7 month old terror!

Actually, Budster, it is quite funny to see the change in the wife with the puppy at home. When I first get home (usually work 12 - 14 hour shifts) I peer through the window and see my wife and the puppy cuddled up on the couch together.

BUT, when I open the door the first thing my wife says is "Do you know what trouble YOUR dog caused today?"

I think she is still trying to act like she doesn't love the dog.

Yeah, right!
My wife was terrified and hated dogs. She was bit as a child, and now she hates/loves our dog. She really really loves him though, but like your wife, complains about nothing really.

It's funny huh?

I think I'm being replaced by the dog.....

James L
Mac Elite
Aug 15, 2005, 02:27 AM

My wife was terrified and hated dogs. She was bit as a child, and now she hates/loves our dog. She really really loves him though, but like your wife, complains about nothing really.

It's funny huh?

I think I'm being replaced by the dog.....

Don't worry.... she will still need you for the income and to take out the trash!

...at least, that is what mine tells me.

Forum Links
Forum Rules