Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > God told Bush to invade Afghanistan and Iraq, create a Palestinian State

God told Bush to invade Afghanistan and Iraq, create a Palestinian State
besson3c
Clinically Insane
Oct 6, 2005, 04:05 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pre.../06/bush.shtml

Does anybody else find this a little terrifying?

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Oct 6, 2005, 04:40 PM

I don't know. I'd like to hear a transcript of what Bush said. Even if Mazen made an earnest attempt to convey what was said, it was nonetheless filtered through at least two layers of translation, possibly more, and things can get altered when that occurs. That's not a good or bad thing; it's the nature of language.

If, on the other hand, this really is what Bush said, then yes, it's more than just a little terrifying.
You are in Soviet Russia. It is dark. Grue is likely to be eaten by YOU!

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Oct 6, 2005, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Millennium
I don't know. I'd like to hear a transcript of what Bush said. Even if Mazen made an earnest attempt to convey what was said, it was nonetheless filtered through at least two layers of translation, possibly more, and things can get altered when that occurs. That's not a good or bad thing; it's the nature of language.

If, on the other hand, this really is what Bush said, then yes, it's more than just a little terrifying.

Yes, there is probably no way to accurately verify this... What's funny is that I just posted about how I'm sick of FUD and people being afraid of everything. However, this scared the crap out of me!

Dork.
Professional Poster
Oct 6, 2005, 07:24 PM

This shouldn't suprise anyone. God has been talking through Bushes for centuries! They get all fired up about it, too!

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Oct 6, 2005, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Dork.
This shouldn't suprise anyone. God has been talking through Bushes for centuries! They get all fired up about it, too!
I was wondering why I thought I heard voices coming out of my bushes this morning.. hmmm...

maxx9photo
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 6, 2005, 08:54 PM

And God must be crazy...

Face Ache
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 6, 2005, 09:06 PM

Where was Jesus while this was going on?

Rolling Bones
Banned
Oct 6, 2005, 09:14 PM

George hears voices. Most schizophrenics do. His brain is probably in a really bad state after all that crack and booze he did in Nawlins.

And the country's paying for having a mentally unstable leader...er...ahh...puppet.

Wait ...I hear a voice...damn it's George. Gotta go now. I think he wants some of my guidance.

mojo2
Professional Poster
Oct 6, 2005, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by besson3c
http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pre.../06/bush.shtml

Does anybody else find this a little terrifying?
Does anyone find THIS REALLY terrifying?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlates...326895,00.html

And, as many of the posters here have accused the president of being against Islam, against the Palestinians and against the little brown ones, let's see what kind of hypocritical egg they will lay to attack this.

SURELY if the Palestinians can do what THEY do from a supposed interpretation of an ancient text that many say is out of date and needs to better reflect the current times, then the president's message from God is AT LEAST A RECENT COMMUNICATION!

And, for the people who are completely NON-RELIGIOUS, however you might explain someone's HUNCH to not get to work on time the day of a catastrophe and it saved their life or the person who gets a funny feeling to veer from their normal schedule or actions and thus avoid doom, this stuff DOES happen.

In our realm it's a hunch that keeps us from legally proceeding through an intersection when a drunk driver runs the light and barrels through it at 60 mph. In George Bush's realm it's a hunch to invade Afghanistan and Iraq and establish a Palestinian state.

You call it a hunch. GWB calls it the voice of God.

You say potato, I say you're a Canadian.

What's the difference?
( Last edited by mojo2; Oct 6, 2005 at 09:56 PM. )
Give petty people just a little bit of power and watch how they misuse it! You can't silence the self doubt, can you?

greenamp
Mac Elite
Oct 6, 2005, 09:38 PM

God told me to post in this thread.

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Oct 6, 2005, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by mojo2
Does anyone find THIS REALLY terrifying?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlates...326895,00.html

I find it a convenient change of topic. I know you don't want to think about the mere possibility of your fearless leader you are so emotionally invested in being a religious ideologue, so I see this as a nice little distraction attempt. However, I'll play along...

This is something that we'll probably never know for certain, nor do we have any sort of context to base this against. As long as Bush is talking about fighting the terrorists in Iraq (painting it like the terrorists were there all along and we are now finding them, rather than ad-hoc terrorist groups being created among Iraq's non-terrorist-trained-elite out of reaction to the instability and internal conflicts inflamed by our invasion), I don't really trust him. Why should we believe him saying that the U.S. has foiled 10 attacks, and why should we believe that he isn't putting a spin on the facts? However, i'll play along again...

You believe because it backs up your existing beliefs and ideology, I remain indifferent. How many attacks were foiled in a given time before terrorism even became a part of the public discourse? How are we to know that 10 was even a high number?

This story was run in the NYTimes as well - you know, that pinko communist rag that Republicans think is all that is wrong with America.

Yes, I'm feeling a little vicious today. Short fuse for lies and disingenuous statements. This smells like one of those. I course, I don't have a whole lot to base this on, but you did ask what I thought

mojo2
Professional Poster
Oct 6, 2005, 09:59 PM

I find it a convenient change of topic. I know you don't want to think about the mere possibility of your fearless leader you are so emotionally invested in being a religious ideologue, so I see this as a nice little distraction attempt. However, I'll play along...

This is something that we'll probably never know for certain, nor do we have any sort of context to base this against. As long as Bush is talking about fighting the terrorists in Iraq (painting it like the terrorists were there all along and we are now finding them, rather than ad-hoc terrorist groups being created among Iraq's non-terrorist-trained-elite out of reaction to the instability and internal conflicts inflamed by our invasion), I don't really trust him. Why should we believe him saying that the U.S. has foiled 10 attacks, and why should we believe that he isn't putting a spin on the facts? However, i'll play along again...

You believe because it backs up your existing beliefs and ideology, I remain indifferent. How many attacks were foiled in a given time before terrorism even became a part of the public discourse? How are we to know that 10 was even a high number?

This story was run in the NYTimes as well - you know, that pinko communist rag that Republicans think is all that is wrong with America.

Yes, I'm feeling a little vicious today. Short fuse for lies and disingenuous statements. This smells like one of those. I course, I don't have a whole lot to base this on, but you did ask what I thought
I edited my previous comment. Check it for greater enlightenment.
Give petty people just a little bit of power and watch how they misuse it! You can't silence the self doubt, can you?

mojo2
Professional Poster
Oct 6, 2005, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Face Ache
Where was Jesus while this was going on?
You self centered, misunderstanding poster! God is NOT SUPPOSED to make your life a bed of rose petals. For you to even THINK such a thing is to diminish the role He DOES play in YOUR life and in the course of this world.

PAIN is not the enemy.

And any questions you have about this post, I bid you to channel those impulses to investigate the Bible for yourself and to pray and ask for enlightenment.

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Oct 6, 2005, 10:09 PM

SURELY if the Palestinians can do what THEY do from a supposed interpretation of an ancient text that many say is out of date and needs to better reflect the current times, then the president's message from God is AT LEAST A RECENT COMMUNICATION!
The old two wrongs making a right argument... classic. If the US is going to insist upon forcing its version of democracy on countries and being a beacon of hope, it needs to set an example. This is sort of the same arguments people use against me when I correct some dumb grammar mistake, but the difference is that I'm referring to the nation as a whole rather than just one person (Bush) setting the example. This sort of religious ideology is shaping far too much in our country right now with the so-called "religious right" (some would call the "religious wrong"). Some of us still believe in separation of Church and State, and it's not necessarily because we aren't Christians.

In our realm it's a hunch that keeps us from legally proceeding through an intersection when a drunk driver runs the light and barrels through it at 60 mph. In George Bush's realm it's a hunch to invade Afghanistan and Iraq and establish a Palestinian state.

What's the difference?
The difference is that one is entirely more harmful than the other. A hunch does not reflect a whole comprehensive set of ideology.

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Oct 6, 2005, 10:11 PM

You self centered, misunderstanding poster! God is NOT SUPPOSED to make your life a bed of rose petals. For you to even THINK such a thing is to diminish the role He DOES play in YOUR life and in the course of this world.

PAIN is not the enemy.

And any questions you have about this post, I bid you to channel those impulses to investigate the Bible for yourself and to pray and ask for enlightenment.

Do you know of any Republicans in here that are not also Christians?

mojo2
Professional Poster
Oct 6, 2005, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by maxx9photo
And God must be crazy...
And you are like the African bushman who found the bottle in the film, "The Gods Must Be Crazy." The Coke bottle IS a marvel when you avail yourself of it's marvels. When you don't understand what it is, what it does or how to use it, then you decide it is best to throw the bottle over the edge of the Earth. (HINT HINT! The same person/people concluding the Gods must be crazy also believe the Earth is flat.)

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Oct 6, 2005, 10:25 PM

And you are like the African bushman who found the bottle in the film, "The Gods Must Be Crazy." The Coke bottle IS a marvel when you avail yourself of it's marvels. When you don't understand what it is, what it does or how to use it, then you decide it is best to throw the bottle over the edge of the Earth. (HINT HINT! The same person/people concluding the Gods must be crazy also believe the Earth is flat.)

Do you think the Constitution is a marvel?

mojo2
Professional Poster
Oct 6, 2005, 10:25 PM

Do you know of any Republicans in here that are not also Christians?
I have never given their religious beliefs or non-belief a second of thought. I give almost as little thought to their party of preference or registration or not. There are SOME posters who do, however, stand out because of their political leanings and identifying them requires very little thought.

Dork.
Professional Poster
Oct 6, 2005, 10:38 PM

If God really is on our side in Iraq, one would think He wouldn't have made such a mess of the place, huh?

Maybe instead of saying "Go end the Tyrrany in Iraq", God really said "Go Eat a Tiramisu Two-Pack!", and George just misheard him a bit?

mojo2
Professional Poster
Oct 6, 2005, 10:38 PM

Do you think the Constitution is a marvel?
Don't go there.

mojo2
Professional Poster
Oct 6, 2005, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Dork.
If God really is on our side in Iraq, one would think He wouldn't have made such a mess of the place, huh?

Maybe instead of saying "Go end the Tyrrany in Iraq", God really said "Go Eat a Tiramisu Two-Pack!", and George just misheard him a bit?
Is that just like one might think if someone was going to give advice or hold GOD ALMIGHTY up to THEIR EXPECTATIONS...

...that person might at least be able to pick a better team to support than the Mets!

mojo2
Professional Poster
Oct 6, 2005, 10:52 PM

The difference is that one is entirely more harmful than the other. A hunch does not reflect a whole comprehensive set of ideology.
Oh, so NOW you are saying GWB DOES have a plan! Ahhh! I get it.

xenu
Senior User
Oct 6, 2005, 10:57 PM

Now he hears voices telling him to kill people.
Great.
Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it, you'd have good people doing good things and evil people doing bad things, but for good people to do bad things, it takes religion - Steven Weinberg.

Face Ache
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 6, 2005, 10:58 PM

Sorry, you are right. I thought Bush was a Christian, but I looked it up and he's not even close.

BTW: What do you call a Christian who doesn't follow Christ?

Dork.
Professional Poster
Oct 6, 2005, 11:13 PM

Is that just like one might think if someone was going to give advice or hold GOD ALMIGHTY up to THEIR EXPECTATIONS...

...that person might at least be able to pick a better team to support than the Mets!

God works in mysterious ways, and that goes double for Mr. Met!

goMac
Posting Junkie
Oct 6, 2005, 11:48 PM

PAIN is not the enemy.
Actually, no, pain, or rather suffering is the enemy. That's why heaven is so important. We're all supposed to be good so we can go to heaven where we won't suffer anymore.

In every single religion in the world pain is enemy #1. Christianity is no exception.
8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

mojo2
Professional Poster
Oct 7, 2005, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by Face Ache
Sorry, you are right. I thought Bush was a Christian, but I looked it up and he's not even close.

BTW: What do you call a Christian who doesn't follow Christ?
You make the mistake of many when considering Christians.

You tend to think we should be a museum of monuments. Each one perfect in our faith and interpretation. When, the reality is we are all just students at the school dispensary. We show up from the classrooms and the playgrounds as wounded children wanting to get healed then going back to the play yard or back to the classroom to try to learn and progress again and getting sick and banged up along the way, again. Then returning to the school nurse, again.

Have you ever ONCE given any thought to how ANY world leader could POSSIBLY govern totally as a Christian without surrendering to one's foes?

Look THAT up and report back.

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Oct 7, 2005, 12:13 AM

Don't go there.
Why not? It's a fair question, no?

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Oct 7, 2005, 12:22 AM

You make the mistake of many when considering Christians.

You tend to think we should be a museum of monuments. Each one perfect in our faith and interpretation. When, the reality is we are all just students at the school dispensary. We show up from the classrooms and the playgrounds as wounded children wanting to get healed then going back to the play yard or back to the classroom to try to learn and progress again and getting sick and banged up along the way, again. Then returning to the school nurse, again.

Have you ever ONCE given any thought to how ANY world leader could POSSIBLY govern totally as a Christian without surrendering to one's foes?

Look THAT up and report back.

I guess that just makes Bush a horrible example of a Christian then... excusable, by your logic (I agree that one shouldn't expect Christians to be perfect), but a horrible example nonetheless.

mojo2
Professional Poster
Oct 7, 2005, 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by goMac
Actually, no, pain, or rather suffering is the enemy. That's why heaven is so important. We're all supposed to be good so we can go to heaven where we won't suffer anymore.

In every single religion in the world pain is enemy #1. Christianity is no exception.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...687331-3271033

Editorial Reviews
Amazon.com
The Problem of Pain answers the universal question, "Why would an all-loving, all-knowing God allow people to experience pain and suffering?" Master Christian apologist C.S. Lewis asserts that pain is a problem because our finite, human minds selfishly believe that pain-free lives would prove that God loves us.

In truth, by asking for this, we want God to love us less, not more than he does. "Love, in its own nature, demands the perfecting of the beloved; that the mere 'kindness' which tolerates anything except suffering in its object is, in that respect at the opposite pole from Love."

In addressing "Divine Omnipotence," "Human Wickedness," "Human Pain," and "Heaven," Lewis succeeds in lifting the reader from his frame of reference by artfully capitulating these topics into a conversational tone, which makes his assertions easy to swallow and even easier to digest.

Lewis is straightforward in aim as well as honest about his impediments, saying, "I am not arguing that pain is not painful. Pain hurts. I am only trying to show that the old Christian doctrine that being made perfect through suffering is not incredible. To prove it palatable is beyond my design." The mind is expanded, God is magnified, and the reader is reminded that he is not the center of the universe as Lewis carefully rolls through the dissertation that suffering is God's will in preparing the believer for heaven and for the full weight of glory that awaits him there.

While many of us naively wish that God had designed a "less glorious and less arduous destiny" for his children, the fortune lies in Lewis's inclination to set us straight with his charming wit and pious mind. --Jill Heatherly

mojo2
Professional Poster
Oct 7, 2005, 12:48 AM

I guess that just makes Bush a horrible example of a Christian then... excusable, by your logic (I agree that one shouldn't expect Christians to be perfect), but a horrible example nonetheless.
Ok. Cite an example of a president living up to YOUR expectation of how a good Christian president should govern.

mojo2
Professional Poster
Oct 7, 2005, 12:50 AM

Why not? It's a fair question, no?
It's fair but you'll find that argument hard to defend.

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Oct 7, 2005, 12:57 AM

Ok. Cite an example of a president living up to YOUR expectation of how a good Christian president should govern.
I can't, but I'm not one to be attracted to Bush based on the notion that he is a good Christian (I'm not saying you are either). This notion is just a big sham, and only small-minded people truly think this, as far as I'm concerned.

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Oct 7, 2005, 01:00 AM

It's fair but you'll find that argument hard to defend.
What argument? If you want to have this conversation, stop being cryptic.

goMac
Posting Junkie
Oct 7, 2005, 01:07 AM

So the answer to why we experience pain is God. Again pain and suffering is the ultimate concern of Christianity.

Your point?
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

mojo2
Professional Poster
Oct 7, 2005, 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by xenu
Now he hears voices telling him to kill people.
Great.

Yep. He heard millions of voices.

And what were you able to hear that day?

Were your ears tickling your innards?

If you looked beyond the absolute certainty of youth that everything YOU can discern is the ONLY thing there to know, you might ask yourself WHY, of the 10 major terrorist events the US has prevented since 9/11, a couple of them were on the high seas near the Middle East.

And why would he hear a voice also telling him to work to create a Palestinian state?

I get the impression you just have nothing intelligent to say so you feel safe in FIGURATIVELY lobbing a harmless little literary stink bomb in the President's direction (in this thread).

Well, I want you to actually think about your position, xenu.

goMac
Posting Junkie
Oct 7, 2005, 01:12 AM

If you looked beyond the absolute certainty of youth that everything YOU can discern is the ONLY thing there to know, you might ask yourself WHY, of the 10 major terrorist events the US has prevented since 9/11, a couple of them were on the high seas near the Middle East.
We also prevented terrorist events before 9/11 too. It's just that about every 10 years one makes it through.

There is nothing special here.

Edit: 2 Terror Events in the Middle East? Thats about the average for any area.

mojo2
Professional Poster
Oct 7, 2005, 01:20 AM

We also prevented terrorist events before 9/11 too. It's just that about every 10 years one makes it through.

There is nothing special here.

Edit: 2 Terror Events in the Middle East? Thats about the average for any area.
OK, Mr. Homeland Security!

So has the number and intensity and the magnitude of attacks increased SINCE 9/11?

Have they increased during the time from 9/11 until the invasion of Iraq?

Have there been Islamic terrorist attacks with AND without regard for our presence in Afghanistan and Iraq?

How would you explain the Islamic terrorist attack on the Russian schoolhouse?

The Russians OPPOSED our actions in Iraq!

The point here is that if the President got a voice or a hunch or used his common sense or the greatest intelligence reports the world has ever known or the worst or by any measure, the President has kept the country running.

It was NOT a given as you appear to believe.

gradient
Mac Elite
Oct 7, 2005, 01:25 AM

What's the difference?
A. Anyone who invades TWO countries based on a 'hunch' is criminally negligent to say the least.

B. Canadian?? wtf are you talking about?? It should come as an embarassment to any enlightened American that there are so many of their ignorant countrymen out there that buy into the notion that anyone who disagrees with them is the Enemy.

gradient
Mac Elite
Oct 7, 2005, 01:32 AM

... the President has kept the country running.
umm...... barely. Tell that to currency traders, or maybe anyone who used to live in New Orleans.

goMac
Posting Junkie
Oct 7, 2005, 01:36 AM

OK, Mr. Homeland Security!

So has the number and intensity and the magnitude of attacks increased SINCE 9/11?

Have they increased during the time from 9/11 until the invasion of Iraq?

Have there been Islamic terrorist attacks with AND without regard for our presence in Afghanistan and Iraq?

How would you explain the Islamic terrorist attack on the Russian schoolhouse?

The Russians OPPOSED our actions in Iraq!

The point here is that if the President got a voice or a hunch or used his common sense or the greatest intelligence reports the world has ever known or the worst or by any measure, the President has kept the country running.

It was NOT a given as you appear to believe.
Huh? Islamic Terrorism has always been a problem. It's been a problem since Isreal invaded Palestine. And even then, there have always been problems with Asian terrorists. There have always been problems with domestic terrorists. There have always been problems with South American terrorists.

I'm sorry, I'm not getting my panties in a wad over this. This Iraq is insecure nonsense is really funny. We're the ones who made Iraq insecure. There have been more reports coming out in the last few weeks that are supporting the Sadam didn't want Al Quada in Iraq.

If President Bush wants to invoke God he (a) is very stupid as Al Quada will pick this up and then it WILL become Christianity vs. Islam and (b) should start acting like a Christian.

vmarks
Moderator Emeritus
Oct 7, 2005, 03:21 AM

Back on topic...

The White House denies this was ever said.

http://worldnetdaily.com/news/articl...TICLE_ID=46695

White House press secretary Scott McClellan responded today to a reporter who asked if the claims about the June 2003 summit meeting in Aqaba, Jordan, were true.

"No, that's absurd," said McClellan, who pointed out he's been in meetings between Bush and Abbas. "He's never made such comments.

The spokesman was not at that particular meeting, he acknowledged, but said he checked out the report.

------

Of course, the BBC won't let a little thing like that get in the way of their 'documentary'...

Abbas and Nabil Shaath say whatever will play well at home. This should come as a surprise to no one.

The only thing that surprises me is that people lend it such credence.
If this post is in the Lounge forum, it is likely to be my own opinion, and not representative of the position of MacNN.com.

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Oct 7, 2005, 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by vmarks
Back on topic...

The White House denies this was ever said.

http://worldnetdaily.com/news/articl...TICLE_ID=46695

White House press secretary Scott McClellan responded today to a reporter who asked if the claims about the June 2003 summit meeting in Aqaba, Jordan, were true.

"No, that's absurd," said McClellan, who pointed out he's been in meetings between Bush and Abbas. "He's never made such comments.

The spokesman was not at that particular meeting, he acknowledged, but said he checked out the report.

------

Of course, the BBC won't let a little thing like that get in the way of their 'documentary'...

Abbas and Nabil Shaath say whatever will play well at home. This should come as a surprise to no one.

The only thing that surprises me is that people lend it such credence.

So now the BBC is on your **** list? What sources of news do you have left that haven't said something negative about Bush?

vmarks
Moderator Emeritus
Oct 7, 2005, 03:56 AM

So now the BBC is on your **** list? What sources of news do you have left that haven't said something negative about Bush?
Oh, the Beeb isn't on my list for this, they've been embarrassing themselves for years.

They regularly act as the mouthpiece for any nonsense Palestinian propaganda that comes their way.

They couldn't bring themselves to do more than hand-wringing over whether or not to use the word 'terrorist' to describe the people who committed the bus and tube bombings in London over the summer.

They knowingly reported lies in the Andrew Gilligan affair.

They planted hecklers at a conservative political rally in order to manufacture news, rather than simply reporting it.

And this is the short list. 4am here, nodding off, you see.
If this post is in the Lounge forum, it is likely to be my own opinion, and not representative of the position of MacNN.com.

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Oct 7, 2005, 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by vmarks
Oh, the Beeb isn't on my list for this, they've been embarrassing themselves for years.

They regularly act as the mouthpiece for any nonsense Palestinian propaganda that comes their way.

They couldn't bring themselves to do more than hand-wringing over whether or not to use the word 'terrorist' to describe the people who committed the bus and tube bombings in London over the summer.

They knowingly reported lies in the Andrew Gilligan affair.

They planted hecklers at a conservative political rally in order to manufacture news, rather than simply reporting it.

And this is the short list. 4am here, nodding off, you see.

Are you still living in Israel? If so, this would perhaps explain your perceptions... let me guess, you don't sympathize with the Palestinians? Care to share with us your take on this huge issue?

mojo2
Professional Poster
Oct 7, 2005, 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by gradient
A. Anyone who invades TWO countries based on a 'hunch' is criminally negligent to say the least.

B. Canadian?? wtf are you talking about?? It should come as an embarassment to any enlightened American that there are so many of their ignorant countrymen out there that buy into the notion that anyone who disagrees with them is the Enemy.
Let's see... You POP onto the PL pages all feisty and full of yourself.

That suggests you were banned or shamed out of here and so now, with a new nic, you are BACK and intend to reassert (and re-inflict) your flawed judgement on the world!

Alright. Now that we know where we stand.

And YOU would really be the legal expert to believe when it comes to determining criminal negligence? Hey man, your legal briefs are on the floor hanging around your ankles!

Hahaha! Made you look!

I bet you don't even have a car!

mojo2
Professional Poster
Oct 7, 2005, 04:32 AM

What argument? If you want to have this conversation, stop being cryptic.
The term, "Separation between Church and State."

It's not in the Constitution.

The average person believes it is.

iLikebeer
Mac Elite
Oct 7, 2005, 04:39 AM

Just because he said it (if he said it), doesn't make it true. The Palestinians are frustrated, and the world sees Bush as a "pseudo-wannabe-religious leader." Bush's people figured that invoking god worked on millions of Americans, so maybe they can blow some of that same smoke up the Palestinians collective asses to assure them he is committed to seeing a Palestinian state. If they think he believes he listens to god, and he says god told him to make it happen; who cares if it's a lie if it gets results.

Disclaimer: if he REALLY does think he get messages from god, that is pretty scary.

Troll
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 7, 2005, 04:44 AM

Even if Mazen made an earnest attempt to convey what was said, it was nonetheless filtered through at least two layers of translation, possibly more, and things can get altered when that occurs.
What you talking 'bout Whillis man? Abu Mazen speaks good English. He wouldn't have needed a translator to understand Bush and would probably have retold the story in English to the BBC. I don't see where the layers of translation come into it.

mojo2
Professional Poster
Oct 7, 2005, 05:08 AM

So the answer to why we experience pain is God. Again pain and suffering is the ultimate concern of Christianity.

Your point?
I'm still learning and growing in my faith and so from moment to moment there is an organic ebb and flow of understandings and perceptions but basically, so far, my belief is that Earth exists for human beings to FAST TRACK our refinement.

Our purpose for existing is to become perfectly enlightened and perfectly loving beings.

After we die and before we are born spiritual development takes place slowly, if at all.

When we are born we have a chance to make great strides toward becoming like our Heavenly Father or our older, spiritual brother, Jesus.

Every good thing and every bad thing serves to help us grow and to demonstrate to God that, WE GET IT!

The ONLY time you passed from grade to grade in school was through tests.

What is a hardship or pain but a test?

I believe sometimes we, as children of God, also act like the children we raise. We want to AVOID what is unpleasant. We want to have our way. We rebel against greater forces that would serve as wise guidance for us. We don't play nice with each other. We are blind to the wisdom of His (our parents) plans for us.

I believe we are given an earthly older brother in who is entrusted the fate of the rest of the children. And because we are less intelligent, less obedient, less experienced, less wise or less in touch with our parent's ways we would attack the one(s) who have been given the responsibility to lead us.

When, in reality, they DO have the parent's trust and they DO have the parent's approval and they DO receive guidance and communication we may not.

As a child you go to the doctor and get a shot and think it is bad. You are made to go to bed at a certain time and think it is bad. You are prevented from eating only cake and Coke and think that is bad. Are told to was your hands after you use the potty and think it is bad. You have to do homework and think it is bad. You must take tests and you think it is bad.

But the pain you would avoid is quickly forgotten when the pain of talking to a girl the first time leads to making a lovely new friend. The fear of making a mistake is quickly forgotten when you are finally able to safely and confidently merge your car into the flow of freeway traffic and you realize you are on your way to becoming a licensed driver.

The pain we face as a nation is no different. There are certain things you just HAVE to do to survive.

The war started waaaaaay before we invaded Iraq. Before Afghanistan. Before 9/11.

OBL has been at war with the USA since the early 1990's. With 9/11 he convinced us he was a force to be taken seriously. And because he isn't a force to be taken lightly GWB took action to rid the WORLD of his kind of threat or else OBL and al qaeda would be like a tapeworm in our system living off of us and sapping our strength for as long as the organism existed.

He is a cancer that MUST be eradicated for the sake of freedom and to avoid his dream of creating an Islamic Empire.

The job being done in Iraq now is to make sure our jugular vein is not cut. This country can not survive without oil from the M.E. If we left there tomorrow the ONLY thing standing between al qaeda cutting off the US' life blood is the Iraqi military.

They are not ready to defend the United States interests from OBL's forces yet.

We can not leave until they can defend us.

We must stay strong and committed to eliminating the threat to the USA and to the world.

The safety you perceive is quite different from the safety you actually have.

All it takes is for them to succeed ONCE.

Forum Links
Forum Rules