Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: *BRAND NEW* PowerMac G5 Dual 1.8 & 23" Display

FS: *BRAND NEW* PowerMac G5 Dual 1.8 & 23" Display
robbyx
Oct 3, 2004, 03:24 PM

Two months ago I ordered a new PowerMac G5 and 23" Cinema Display from The Good Guys in Reno. They promised to deliver the machine within two weeks. That never happened. I left the store with the monitor (unusable on my existing G4 since I only have an ADC port on it for video). So, the monitor has remained in its box for the last two months.

Last week I decided I'd had enough of waiting and resolved to cancel my order and order an iMac which, quite frankly, more than meets my needs. Wouldn't you know it...the G5 arrives tomorrow and since the monitor was purchased more than 14 days ago, I cannot return it.

I know how hard it is to get a G5 right now. The G5 iMac is a perfect machine for me. Had it been available at the time, I would have bought it instead. I'd rather go ahead and order the iMac, but I need to find a home for my brand new G5 tower. Here are the specs and prices:

PowerMac G5 Dual 1.8 w/ 256 MB RAM & 80 GB hard drive: $1999.99
Apple 23" Cinema Display: $1999.99
AppleCare: $249.99
Taxes: $313.44

TOTAL: $4560.00

Everything is brand new. The G5 box and AppleCare are unopened. Nothing has been registered. The monitor box has been opened. A friend wanted to see it, but it has never been plugged in or used. I opened the box, showed him the monitor, and closed it again.

I merely want to recoup my purchase price. I am *not* willing to sell this machine at a discount, nor do I want to capitalize on the fact that these machines are hard to get.

I am located in the South Lake Tahoe, CA area. I am willing to deliver the machine as far as Reno or Sacramento. Otherwise, the buyer pays shipping and I will ship the items via his/her preferred carrier.

Payment options: PayPal, certified check, or money-order. Please don't hesitate to email if you have any questions!

Finally, if you'd like to check my eBay feedback, my eBay name is raw72.
( Last edited by robbyx; Oct 3, 2004 at 03:52 PM. )

malson
Senior User
Oct 3, 2004, 03:47 PM

Originally posted by robbyx:
Payment options: PayPal (add 3% to cover their fees)
First, best of luck with the sale. If it were me, I would return the unopened G5 since it has been less than the 14 days. Anyway, charging the 3% service fee violates the PayPal terms of service. If you need this money, raise your asking price.
Yeah, about those TPS reports, didn't you get the memo?
--------------
2.3 Ghz Dual-Core G5/20" LCD/Life is Good!
Moo...

robbyx  (op)
Oct 3, 2004, 03:52 PM

I guess I should read all that fine print, huh? :-) Thanks for the info re: PayPal. I had no idea. I'll edit my original post now.

-Rob

Originally posted by malson:
First, best of luck with the sale. If it were me, I would return the unopened G5 since it has been less than the 14 days. Anyway, charging the 3% service fee violates the PayPal terms of service. If you need this money, raise your asking price.

launchpad
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 3, 2004, 09:01 PM

is this the new aluminum 23" display?

Forum Links
Forum Rules