Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Which game is more worth playing?

Which game is more worth playing?
laughingbunny
Oct 9, 2013, 11:48 AM

Lately I look forward to play a new game, but I don't know which one (I don't play games too much, so every time before I start a game I do research and ask for advice)

So here are a list of games I consider playing:
Tomb raider
Sleeping dog
GTA (don't know which one is the best)
Assassin's creed

These games seems to be discussed a lot, but I don't know which one is the best, any suggestions?

andi*pandi
Oct 9, 2013, 01:11 PM

What do you like to play?

I like to play SpamHunter II. It has more explosions than SpamHunter I.

BLAZE_MkIV
Professional Poster
Oct 9, 2013, 01:13 PM

Burn!

laughingbunny  (op)
Oct 9, 2013, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post
What do you like to play?

I like to play SpamHunter II. It has more explosions than SpamHunter I.
I play anything as long as it's good, the last game I played is Zelda.
I played a lot of Japanese games in the past: Final Fantasy, Resident Evil 4, Super Mario Galaxy
Even though I also play a little bit of mine craft and team fortress 2, but they are online game

I want to play a game that's not Japanese this time, just to have a different feel

laughingbunny  (op)
Oct 9, 2013, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by BLAZE_MkIV View Post
Burn!
Is that a game?

BLAZE_MkIV
Professional Poster
Oct 9, 2013, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by laughingbunny View Post
Is that a game?
I believe Andi's SpamHunter reference is related to this
http://forums.macnn.com/61/feedback/...ntest-results/

As a more serious reply to your question what types of games do you like? Otherwise it's just a straw pole version of best game of the year award. And that would be spammy.

laughingbunny  (op)
Oct 9, 2013, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by BLAZE_MkIV View Post
I believe Andi's SpamHunter reference is related to this
http://forums.macnn.com/61/feedback/...ntest-results/

As a more serious reply to your question what types of games do you like? Otherwise it's just a straw pole version of best game of the year award. And that would be spammy.
Oh, hahahaha, that's funny

Ok, I like RPG mostly, not a fan of real time strategy games

Leonard
Professional Poster
Oct 9, 2013, 04:34 PM

Sleeping Dog - alot of concentration on martial arts fighting and specific order of button presses. Other than that it's like GTA or Saint's Row.

Assassin's Creed - The last one is quite different than previous ones. If you aren't familiar with the over-arcing story over the series , you may be a little lost in the overall story, but not lost in this chapter's story. There are 2 stories running - the overall story going over all of them and the story that each chapter is about. It's hard to describe it unless you played it as it's a game within the game. It's a good RPG. AC III concentrated on the US period where the US was at war with the British. It brings in sea battle which are different from any other RPG. There's alot of hunting and assassinations.
Mac Pro Dual 3.0 Dual-Core
MacBook Pro

laughingbunny  (op)
Oct 10, 2013, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Leonard View Post
Sleeping Dog - alot of concentration on martial arts fighting and specific order of button presses. Other than that it's like GTA or Saint's Row.

Assassin's Creed - The last one is quite different than previous ones. If you aren't familiar with the over-arcing story over the series , you may be a little lost in the overall story, but not lost in this chapter's story. There are 2 stories running - the overall story going over all of them and the story that each chapter is about. It's hard to describe it unless you played it as it's a game within the game. It's a good RPG. AC III concentrated on the US period where the US was at war with the British. It brings in sea battle which are different from any other RPG. There's alot of hunting and assassinations.
I see, Assassin's creed seems pretty interesting, so should I start from the first one to understand the whole story? which one is the best to start with? (I heard people say the first might not have the best story and graphics)

Leonard
Professional Poster
Oct 10, 2013, 11:19 AM

I wouldn't start from the first one. First one was okay, but the second one improved on it.

Assassin's Creed involves different characters in the chapters:

Chapter 1 - Assassin's Creed
- character is Altair
- story is set in the age of the Crusades in the cities of Jerusalem and Damascus.

Chapter 2 - Assassin's Creed II, AC Brotherhood, AC Revelations
- character is Ezio
- story is set in the 15th Century in Rome, Vatican, Venice, Florence.

Chapter 3 - Assassin's Creed III
- character is Connor
- story is set during the US Revolutionary War

Desmond is the overarcing character of the Assassin's Creed story outside of the story. You go into a machine called the Animus (sort of like the Matrix or Holodeck which shows another world) to go into the story inside of a story.

Assasin's Creed 3 has quite a bit of new stuff. The sea battles are new, hunting is new, etc.

IF you have the time, I'd recommend starting with Assassin's Creed II (you can read about Assassin's Creed I in the wikipedia), if you don't, Start with Assassin's Creed III.
Mac Pro Dual 3.0 Dual-Core
MacBook Pro

laughingbunny  (op)
Oct 10, 2013, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Leonard View Post
I wouldn't start from the first one. First one was okay, but the second one improved on it.

Assassin's Creed involves different characters in the chapters:

Chapter 1 - Assassin's Creed
- character is Altair
- story is set in the age of the Crusades in the cities of Jerusalem and Damascus.

Chapter 2 - Assassin's Creed II, AC Brotherhood, AC Revelations
- character is Ezio
- story is set in the 15th Century in Rome, Vatican, Venice, Florence.

Chapter 3 - Assassin's Creed III
- character is Connor
- story is set during the US Revolutionary War

Desmond is the overarcing character of the Assassin's Creed story outside of the story. You go into a machine called the Animus (sort of like the Matrix or Holodeck which shows another world) to go into the story inside of a story.

Assasin's Creed 3 has quite a bit of new stuff. The sea battles are new, hunting is new, etc.

IF you have the time, I'd recommend starting with Assassin's Creed II (you can read about Assassin's Creed I in the wikipedia), if you don't, Start with Assassin's Creed III.
Ok, I guess I'll go and look into Assassins Creed III

Thanks!

Forum Links
Forum Rules