Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Can some Apple employee please confirm this?

Can some Apple employee please confirm this?
iohead
Jan 22, 2003, 11:56 PM

Is the 17" already available for order (I am not talking about actual availability - just that you can get your order in) at the internal/employee online store (where you get employee discounts)?

-A

venom600
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 23, 2003, 04:49 AM

No, despite popular belief, Apple employees are the last to even get their orders in, so no, employees cannot place orders yet. Although, we want too. Really really badly.

seanyepez
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 23, 2003, 05:21 AM

You can order one, but you can't get the usual 15% discount off of the machine yet.

iohead  (op)
Jan 23, 2003, 06:03 AM

Originally posted by seanyepez:
You can order one, but you can't get the usual 15% discount off of the machine yet.
... what would be the timeframe when employees can order, say the 17" with discounts? Something like a few weeks after it has been in stores?

I'm asking this because I'm hoping to get help from an acquaintance in buying one, but since I don't know the person too well (and more importantly, since I am far more impatient!), I don't want to bug them until it's time to get the order in.

Regards

-A

cliff
Jan 23, 2003, 06:07 AM

..Unless you had a 15" on order previously. They gave all Employee orders of 15" Titaniums the option to upgrade the day they announced the 17"s. I decided to upgrade and my delivery time is the same as everyone elses..

Forum Links
Forum Rules