Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Dell 24 vs. ACD 23

Dell 24 vs. ACD 23
Sirfishalot
Jan 18, 2006, 02:50 AM

I was straddling the fence for quite a while while my G5 Dual still sits unopened (waiting for display), but finally went ahead and ordered the Dell 2405FPW. Price was indeed a factor, but I also liked the fact that I can run the PS2, XBox or whatever thru the inputs. I looked for the color shift when viewed at an angle on a 20" model at a Dell kiosk and it seemed pretty negligible to me. I am hoping I made the right choice. I'll be using it mainly for processing digital photos from my Pentax DSLR. Hopefully I can still keep my 19" Sony CRT connected to the new setup also. Anyhow, at $820 seems that it would be hard to go wrong. I had also considered a refurbished Sony 23" Premier Pro, but it seemed to lack the extra connectivity.
Seems somewhat a gamble on the Dell considering it is a sight unseen purchase. The 20" model looked good and many of the posts I've seen along with reviews had high marks for the 2405.

JayT

mduell
Posting Junkie
Jan 18, 2006, 04:14 AM

The 2405FPW also has a card reader... but you probably already own one with your SLR.

gudrummer
Jan 18, 2006, 06:56 AM

All i have to say is congrats...it's a great screen.I use it with FCP and i'm loving it so much that i'm buying a second one.
MacBook Pro 2.4 17 HD
ACD 23

crooner
Senior User
Jan 18, 2006, 08:50 AM

Ditto. It's a great display. I have two of them, flanking a 30" Apple Cinema Display in the middle. (Screen heaven.)
They're bright, well saturated, etc. You'll be glad you got it.

To dislike Sinatra is a sign of highly questionable taste. To dislike the Beatles is a serious character flaw.

RevEvs
Mac Elite
Jan 19, 2006, 06:55 PM

I have a 2405 with my Dual G5/PC and Xbox 360 (love how i can plug them all in!)

It is superb! you wont regret it for a second!
I free'd my mind... now it won't come back.

Forum Links
Forum Rules