Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Ipod Video now or wait!

Ipod Video now or wait!
reybart
Forum Regular
Feb 4, 2006, 07:24 AM

I have the ipod nano but planning to buy the ipod video because of my downloaded movies and music videos.. Do you think that there will be a revision this coming April? It is my target year to buy it but if there will be no speculated revision, Should I buy now?
Thanks

AppleJockey
Forum Regular
Feb 4, 2006, 12:00 PM

you mean hardware revision?

now that they have both AUDIO and VIDEO in the ipod I cant guess what else they will add

MikeD
Mac Elite
Feb 4, 2006, 02:53 PM

I would hope to see a better hardware for the video so the quality would be improved when connected to a TV. Or perhaps to handle all sorts of file sizes and resolutions so we wouldn't have to 'down convert/size' pre existing files.

Mike
2009 MacMini 2.0 C2D 4GB (3,1) - Needs update!
11" MBA (2010 1.6GHz C2D)
iPhone 4 / iPad!
Hooked on Apple since the IIGS

crooner
Senior User
Feb 4, 2006, 03:07 PM

I have a black 60GB iPod with video and love it. I do, however, have no doubt that Apple will soon (when I can't tell ya) release an iPod that they officially endorse as the "Video iPod." The current 5G iPod is never reffered to by Apple as a Video iPod. The farthest they’ll go is to say iPod with video or video enabled iPod. To me this smacks of something VERY cool being developed somewhere in Cupertino.

To dislike Sinatra is a sign of highly questionable taste. To dislike the Beatles is a serious character flaw.

bourgeoisie
Feb 5, 2006, 03:55 PM

i think apple's going to be focusing more on getting intel processors into all systems, and the next ipod revision won't be until late next year, probably between november and january. just my guess, i could be wrong
green links don't belong to me!

rparke1
Banned
Feb 5, 2006, 04:26 PM

apple did just put in a request for a touch screen patient. maybe a touch screen ipod?

reemas
Senior User
Feb 5, 2006, 04:36 PM

wait for a real video ipod. i have the 30gb ipod with video and agree with crooner 100%.

Forum Links
Forum Rules