Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Anybody have that Copland demo CD?

Anybody have that Copland demo CD?
13370n3
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 26, 2004, 05:26 PM

I was looking for the Copland demo CD because I have never seen it before. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
-Avid Comptuer Consumer

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 27, 2004, 11:47 AM

What kind of demo CD it was?, just stuff like videos, speech... or do you mean a real Copland OS demo!?

Krypton
Mac Elite
Mar 27, 2004, 03:47 PM

I know there are Rhapsody disk images available on BitTorrent if you wish to go down that route.

CharlesS
Posting Junkie
Mar 29, 2004, 03:47 AM

Originally posted by angelmb:
What kind of demo CD it was?, just stuff like videos, speech... or do you mean a real Copland OS demo!?
It was stuff like videos and speech. I think I used to have one, but no idea where that thing would be anymore (assuming it didn't get tossed).

Ticking sound coming from a .pkg package? Don't let the .bom go off! Inspect it first with Pacifist. Macworld - five mice!

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 29, 2004, 09:34 AM

Originally posted by CharlesS:
It was stuff like videos and speech. I think I used to have one, but no idea where that thing would be anymore (assuming it didn't get tossed).
Thanks CharlesS. My real interest was about UI concepts and so.

kylew01
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 22, 2004, 01:55 AM

Originally posted by 13370n3:
I was looking for the Copland demo CD because I have never seen it before. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I have a copy of the Copland DR (Developer Release). I tried to install it today but it only boots up half way

I have some images but I don't have anywhere to post them.

Kyle

bradoesch
Professional Poster
Jun 22, 2004, 04:02 PM

Originally posted by Krypton:
I know there are Rhapsody disk images available on BitTorrent if you wish to go down that route.
Most of the Mac section from Su...err, some site has been missing for some time now. Do you know if the torrent files are being hosted somewhere else?

Krypton
Mac Elite
Jun 26, 2004, 09:18 AM

Originally posted by bradoesch:
Most of the Mac section from Su...err, some site has been missing for some time now. Do you know if the torrent files are being hosted somewhere else?
They were on the Mac specific Torrent site, but I haven't visited it in ages.

alex_kac
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 26, 2004, 03:49 PM

Originally posted by kylew01:
I have a copy of the Copland DR (Developer Release). I tried to install it today but it only boots up half way

I have some images but I don't have anywhere to post them.

Kyle
You need two Macs to boot Copland DR. One with a debugger and hooked up to the first via serial port.

It'll also crash every 15 minutes or so if you do anything. The only thing that REALLY worked was the search. Everything else - well, not so much.

velocitychannel
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 30, 2004, 01:42 PM

Originally posted by 13370n3:
I have a few copies of the Copland Demo CD, if anyone is still looking. I have a disk image that I can put up somewhere. Email me at bdepardo at gmail dot com if interested.

Forum Links
Forum Rules