Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > 2 Safari Requests

2 Safari Requests
Fusion
Senior User
Jan 4, 2006, 02:03 PM

Safari is my favorite browser but I am missing 2 features that other browsers have. Any chance there are any add-ons to accomplish these?

1. Any chance there is a way to make Safari open downloads instead of saving them. I.E., it would save the file to a temp location out of the way and open the file, as soon as the file is closed, the file would then be deleted. This would be helpful, i.e. with disk images and other files that you only need once.

2. Sometimes I view images that are too large causing scrollbars. However, sometimes I'd rather just have Safari scale the image so I can see the whole image at a smaller size. Any way to accomplish this?

Cheers

gunga
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 6, 2006, 07:02 PM

Not sure about number 1.

As for image scaling. If you ctrl-click on the image, there will be a 'Scale to fit' item in the contextual menu. This shrinks the image to fit the window. To revert back to the full size, select 'Actual Size' from the same menu.

Fusion  (op)
Senior User
Jan 8, 2006, 04:31 AM

gunga, thanks for the reply. I discovered this a couple days ago. Any chance there is some way to make that the default behavior?

gunga
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 8, 2006, 06:17 AM

Apologies, I didn't realise this feature was part of the SafariStand plug-in!! Good job you had already discovered it.

I don't know how to make Safari (with or without plug-in) scale an image to fit automatically.

Forum Links
Forum Rules