Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Easy Open DataViz files trashing them ?

Easy Open DataViz files trashing them ?
voicelit glove
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 25, 2001, 04:32 PM

LC630 68K OS 8.1 12MB ( 27VM or more )

Have had Mac Easy Open and all the DataViz translators turned off in Extensions manager since I got this computer. Never seem to come into play. Would like to trash them. Got this computer for my mom to use , just eMail ( Eudora) and web search ( Navigator 3 ) and photo exchange ( JpegView, QT3 and a shareware program called " painting " for resizing and converting - it uses QT3 ) ... Does Easy Open and all its' tons of DataViz translators ever come into play with QT3 photo stuff or could their being shutdown have anything to with my AppleWorks 5.0.3 68K not being able to work with photos ? Please advise ( just wanted to use the phrase " please advise " . )
Thanks, Marty ( Voicelit Glove )

Gregg
Mac Elite
Feb 25, 2001, 05:54 PM

I've never worked extensively with photos, but I don't think AppleWorks will handle them. Download JpegViewer for looking at jpeg files.

Easy Open and Dataviz are not related. Dataviz is the company that developed MacLink Plus file translation software. If you don't have MLP on the machine, none of the Dataviz stuff is being used. To further reassure yourself, create a folder somewhere outside of the System Folder, and move all the stuff you want to trash into it. (Command-Y will put it back where it came from later, if necessary.) Do the stuff you want to be able to do, and if you have no problems, take those things off the computer. If you're still unsure, copy them onto a disk first.
Ya gotta applaud those bunnies for sacrificing their hearing just so some guy in Yonkers can have better TV reception.

Forum Links
Forum Rules