Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Re-sizing the Mail Viewer

Re-sizing the Mail Viewer
roksob
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 9, 2008, 06:09 PM

The border between the mail list and the lower preview panel seems to be just 1 pixel thick. I find that it takes and wastes a lot of time trying to show and grab the re-size icon. Is there any way (via terminal) to increase the thickness of the re-size line?

Sage
Mac Elite
Jun 9, 2008, 06:10 PM

At the very bottom you should see three vertical lines – that’s also a resize grabber, which is significantly larger.

roksob  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 9, 2008, 06:25 PM

Thanks Sage... but that's the re-sizer for the Mailbox panel. I want to re-size the panel that displays the list of messages in a given mailbox. You can display this panel horizontally or vertically, but in both cases you have to grab the separating line.
( Last edited by roksob; Jun 9, 2008 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Typo)

TETENAL
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 9, 2008, 07:03 PM

You must not be talking about Apple Mail then. In Mail that list can only be displayed horizontally and the splitter is about 10 pixels tall.

roksob  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 9, 2008, 08:35 PM

Tetenal: I am talking about Apple Mail. Go to the View menu and select Preview Pane. It offers the choice of displaying the list on the right or on the bottom. And the splitter is just a simple line. I am running OS X 10.5.3. Maybe I need to re-install Mail.

Sage
Mac Elite
Jun 9, 2008, 08:39 PM

Sounds like you have a plugin installed (Letterbox, maybe?), because Apple Mail doesn’t natively have that option.

roksob  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 9, 2008, 08:42 PM

Tetenal: Follow-up. I just checked the Mail List display on a friend's Mac and the divider is about 10 pixels tall. Very strange. Somehow my app. has been corrupted.

roksob  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 9, 2008, 08:46 PM

This gets stranger and stranger. I have not knowingly installed any plugin for Mail. How would I find out if one has been installed?

TETENAL
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 9, 2008, 09:10 PM

Check your preferences for Letterbox and uninstall it. It's impossible to install this unknowingly.

Forum Links
Forum Rules