Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Mac News > Briefly: Goji Smart Lock gains strong backing, Neat iOS update

Briefly: Goji Smart Lock gains strong backing, Neat iOS update
NewsPoster
MacNN Staff
Jun 18, 2013, 11:26 AM

After only two weeks, Goji has managed to raise more than $100,000 towards the production of its Smart Lock. The Goji Smart Lock is an automatic deadbolt that can be unlocked wirelessly with a Bluetooth-enabled device. On top of basic locking and unlocking functionality, the Goji also includes several tools for monitoring who has access to a home. Every time the lock is activated the Goji Smart Lock snaps a picture and sends a real-time app and get notification to a designated mobile phone. The device also keeps a log of all activity related to the Smart Lock which can be reviewed at any time from the Goji Mobile App or through an online Goji account. Expected to begin shipping this December, the Goji Smart Lock will retail for $278 but can currently be purchased with a $235 pledge.

Neat updates iOS app with new collaboration features

Neat has launched an updated version of its self-titled iOS app. Building on the capabilities of Neat's cloud-based Digital Filing System, the updated app offers a number of enhancements including quick access to important information as well as sharing, reporting and collaborating functionality. Using the camera on a mobile device users can now scan receipts, business cards and documents and immediately file them in the appropriate location. Information pulled from these scans can then be edited with additional details, and synced directly to the desktop software. Users can also now share any document or folder with others and use comments to collaborate. The app is free to download, but requires customers to subscribe for either a $15 or $25 per month NeatCloud account.

( Last edited by NewsPoster; Jun 18, 2013 at 11:27 AM. )

FireWire
Mac Elite
Jun 18, 2013, 11:54 AM

Poor kids... in the future, kids and teens will not be able to "bend the rules" at all without getting caught.. "You came back 30 minutes late yesterday", "I told you your boyfriend could not come when we were in vacation, I got his picture at 2:45 on my cell phone"...

lockhartt
Jun 18, 2013, 02:05 PM

Meh... I'll stick with my soon-to-be-here Lockitron. Still seems the most flexible solution to date.

Forum Links
Forum Rules