Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Clock is off by 1 hour

Clock is off by 1 hour
dopik
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 9, 2001, 08:12 AM

I have just noticed that when I run software update manually, OS X always indicates the last time it was performed just above the button to update it.

Well, I have just run it at 5:07AM according to the clock on the top right of the screen however OS X said that it was last performed at 4:07AM.

Does anyone know why this is happening. Does this problem also occur when we save documents to the HD.

Thanks.

dopik
I am a Compulsive Software Update Button Clicker

Ernie
Apr 9, 2001, 09:08 AM

I have the same problem as do several others. It would seem this is a bug.

pahroza
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 9, 2001, 11:00 AM

I haven't seen this problem yet on either of my os X machines. Maybe it's got something to do with daylight savings time, or the location of the server that does the software updates, and it's using the time of the server to tell you when you last updated. Without having the error I can't do much more troubleshooting than that, I'll see if I can't recreate it somehow, and will send feedback to apple if I'm successfull

Simon C. Leemann
Apr 9, 2001, 11:28 AM

I have the same problem. Seems to me like daylight saving time is getting messed up. I sent a bug report to www.apple.com/macosx/feedback

scl

Ernie
Apr 9, 2001, 01:49 PM

I noticed it after I switched over to Daylight savings...

dws
Forum Regular
Apr 9, 2001, 04:49 PM

I think that the change to Daylight Saving's time is a coincidence, IMHO; especially since I noticed the problem prior to the time change!

I've lost as much as 4 hours, but the loss doesn't appear real, just some bug with how the 'real' system time interacts with the menu clock. If you lose time, and then click on the menu clock, the time refreshes to the actual time.

It's a weird little bug, bus doesn't seem to affect anything critical. Still, it is important to send feeback to Apple - even if you know that others have done so (the more feeback, the more action we're likely to get!).

Forum Links
Forum Rules