Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Best iMac HD Formatting Tool?

Best iMac HD Formatting Tool?
Feathers
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 18, 2000, 06:22 PM

Ok, I'm about to replace my RevB iMacs measly 4gig drive (a Seagate Medallist BTW - the iMac was built in Cork in Ireland) with either an IBM Deskstar 35gig or a Seagate Barracuda (IDE) 27gig. THE QUESTION IS (and I expect a heated row over this) What's the best disktool to use to initialise and partition the new drive? Apple TIL lists about half a dozen 3rd part disktool suites. And yes, I already have the blol.com USB-IDE case to put the old drive into. I'm poised and ready, help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope! (minus the dress and the hairdo!!!).

[This message has been edited by Feathers (edited 02-18-2000).]

crazyB
Feb 19, 2000, 06:32 AM

Feathers, I have the 27 gig barracuda in my iMac, and Apple drive setup worked quite well as a formatting tool, not as many options as FWB, but simple and effective.
my 2�.

iMacMan
Feb 20, 2000, 01:18 PM

Also, the good thing with formatting with Apple's tool, every OS update also updates the hard drive driver.

Forum Links
Forum Rules