Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Repair Procedure

Repair Procedure
Saramin
Forum Regular
Mar 27, 2005, 08:38 PM

I've recently come of need to send in my PB for a logic board replacement. Since it's under warranty this is no big deal, but I couldn't find a procedure for this at the support website so I was wondering how it worked. Do I just drop off my PB at the Genius Bar of any Apple retail store? Do they send it back to me via mail after it's fixed or do I have to pick it up myself? What's the general timeframe for such things?

Just wondering.

osxisfun
Mar 27, 2005, 09:10 PM

yes. if you live by an apple store you can do that and you get the added benefit that your powerbook will stay in the store as they order the parts.

one thing to take a look at is "apple pro care" it cost $99 buck a year but it among other things would have gotten your machine back to you with 24-48 hour (if they have the parts in the store) and essentialy puts you to the head of the line in the apple service dept.

otheriwse 7-10 days. (or 3 or 4 via overnight shipping) if you are a pro and can't stand to be without your mac that is one option to think about.

Forum Links
Forum Rules