Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Wrist Rug Alternative

Wrist Rug Alternative
roadracr
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 11, 2005, 07:26 PM

As the proud owner of a new 15-inch PB I've been viewing the forums looking at accessories. I was concerned by some threads in which PB owners complained of corrosion around the palm rest area (probably due to sweat). I have looked at the Wrist Rug but came up with a far simpler solution.

Basically, I purchased PDA screen protectors and applied them around the PB palm rest. The ones with a light adhesive work well. I used the Belkin ClearScreen Overlays which I found for $18.00 (for a package of 12) at Staples. I used the ones for larger PDA screens (such as the Palm Zire 72) and placed two across - in vertical orientation - on each side of the trackpad. I also cut one to fit the trackpad itself, hoping to avoid the trackpad wear issue I have seen in other threads. The trackpad works fine with the screen protector in place. These overlays are easily removable and should not leave any residue.

Application was very simple and I did not end up with too many bubbles (which I hear are a real problem on PDA screens, but not really an issue in my application).

Thought some of you might benefit from this.

Forum Links
Forum Rules