Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Compiling OpenSSH with Apple's options?

Compiling OpenSSH with Apple's options?
diamondsw
Senior User
May 31, 2005, 01:19 AM

Does anyone know what options Apple compiled OpenSSH with in Tiger, or know how to discern this from the Darwin code? I need to install OpenSSH 3.9, and I'd like to compile it with the same options Apple used (I'll be installing it in /usr/local to make sure it doesn't stomp on anything Apple-provided).

I have a program that sadly does not connect reliably to OpenSSH 3.8p1 (the version installed with Mac OS X 10.4.1), but does work with OpenSSH 3.9p1 on several Linux distros, thus the need for OpenSSH 3.9. Of course, I'm in discussions with the author to fix the bugs, but in the meantime, I just need to connect.

diamondsw  (op)
Senior User
May 31, 2005, 06:25 PM

Ouch - downloaded the Darwin code, and unfortunately Apple still uses a bunch of patches that aren't present in the upstream source. Said patches do not play well with the newer source (although at least one of them relating to PAM has been integrated).

Forum Links
Forum Rules