Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Recommended Laser Printer?

Recommended Laser Printer?
diamondsw
Senior User
Jun 20, 2005, 01:16 AM

After many years with my old Apple LaserWriter Select 360, I'd like to get a new black and white laser printer for my Mac. Any suggestions? The things I'm looking for are:
  • Ethernet networking with IP printing (Rendezvous a plus)
  • Power saving mode so I can leave it on 24/7
  • No need for special desktop software (too many problems with things like HP's printer drivers)
  • Easy envelope printing
  • Postscript? Is it needed these days, or will OS X's drivers handle anything for me?

I figure anything else I want is already covered by any modern printer (10ppm, 600dpi, etc). If anyone knows any color lasers that meet these criteria and are a particular bargain, I'd be interested in those as well, but primarily I just want black and white.

And it's always a plus if it looks nice.

macaddict0001
Mac Elite
Jun 20, 2005, 05:41 PM

brother and kyocera make some nice ones imho.

Forum Links
Forum Rules