Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iLife 06 (Pre-install)

iLife 06 (Pre-install)
Buckshot
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 1, 2006, 01:52 PM

Hey folks.

Just got my iMac 20" and although i notice iLife 06 is installed there is no DVD accompanying it, is it part of the Mac OS X Restore DVD's?.If not is there a way i can legally get a copy from apple? (for like a nominal fee). I got iLife 05 when i bought my Mac Mini last year and while i can appreciate its cheaper not to ship it the disc i would still like a copy.

Thanks for your time
Buck
The Italian Stallion

TETENAL
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 1, 2006, 01:57 PM

On the restore DVD there should be a package called "Bundled Software". If you double click this, then Installer will launch and offer you to (re)install all the software that was bundled with it (you might need to clock the Customize-button). iLife 06 should be in there.

MontyPavement
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 1, 2006, 04:24 PM

This is exactly the problem I posted about before.

Running the Application Bundle file on the restore disks on my Powermac (the disks came with my new Mac Book Pro) gives me a message along the lines of 'this hardware is not the ones for this disk'.

Is there another way? I can see the .pkg files - can I just copy these over to my Powermac and run them?

diamondsw
Senior User
Mar 1, 2006, 06:55 PM

Monty -

First of all, you need to purchase a second copy for a second Mac. Secondly, the disks that came with the MacBook Pro are likely Intel-specific, not universal. At the very least they're going to check what type of machine you're installing onto.

Forum Links
Forum Rules