Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Photo Gallery For Your Refreshing

Photo Gallery For Your Refreshing
GoldenHammer
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 26, 2003, 07:42 PM

RAzaRazor
Mac Elite
Sep 26, 2003, 07:48 PM

Edited to remove pictures, as they are no longer displaying inline.
( Last edited by RAzaRazor; Sep 27, 2003 at 11:24 PM. )

RAzaRazor
Mac Elite
Sep 26, 2003, 07:50 PM

Edited to remove pictures, as they are no longer displaying inline.
( Last edited by RAzaRazor; Sep 27, 2003 at 11:24 PM. )

GoldenHammer  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 27, 2003, 08:04 AM

I am glad you spent that much time to check the gallery and comment on the photos. That really tells us most about you...

By the way, don't forget to check all others at:

http://www.digital-photo-contest.com...post/index.php

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 27, 2003, 11:44 AM

Nice pictures! Black and white always make for great photograph!

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense." Winston Churchill

Lattimer
Sep 27, 2003, 05:37 PM

There's some really great photographs in there! I really like the tree and angry sky. I'm a sucker for nature photography!

and RAzaRazor: Grow up A**HOLE.
"God bless America. Let's save some of it." --Edward Abbey
More

TheIceMan
Mac Elite
Sep 27, 2003, 06:56 PM

GoldenHammer: I especially like the Urban landscape contest. There were lots of great photos in that one.

RAzaRazor
Mac Elite
Sep 27, 2003, 11:18 PM

Originally posted by Lattimer:
and RAzaRazor: Grow up A**HOLE.
Chill dude. (There's nothing better than telling someone to grow up, followed by calling them a name.)

The pictures are decent, but nothing new. It's like the photographers all looked at pictures taken by better photographers and attempted to recreate them. I'm not saying the authors of these photos are professionals, and that I expect to be blown away. It's just that with less than an hour of searching, I could find different, better versions of the exact same compositions for every picture in that gallery.
Hell, several of them just looked like snapshots. Contrary to what these people seem to believe, changing the picture to black and white does not automatically turn garbage into art. It just makes it monochrome garbage. They can read all the "mood" they want into it, but it's just not there.

RAzaRazor
Mac Elite
Sep 27, 2003, 11:21 PM

Originally posted by TheIceMan:
GoldenHammer: I especially like the Urban landscape contest. There were lots of great photos in that one.
Ahh, Ok. Those cityscapes are much better pictures. There is some good stuff in there.

Ken Masters
Banned
Sep 28, 2003, 05:06 AM

I would rather drink cola

GoldenHammer  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 28, 2003, 06:02 AM

OK, this would be rather subjective matter because of the difference between all of us. There is always different point of views so we have such an interesting world.

Anyway, I would invite you all again to visit My Personal Collection. It doens't matter you find it impressive or not, but I am glad you have checked it...
Photography Blog - For all fun stuffs about photography.
Best Photos of the Month - Winning photographs for the month.
Photography Articles - Inspiring story, technical review and journal in photography.
Photography Contest - Free, Fun and Value for all photographers.

Diggory Laycock
Professional Poster
Sep 28, 2003, 06:26 AM

Nice pics.

Is that a camera or a gun?

Lattimer
Sep 28, 2003, 08:00 AM

Originally posted by RAzaRazor:
Chill dude. (There's nothing better than telling someone to grow up, followed by calling them a name.)

The pictures are decent, but nothing new. It's like the photographers all looked at pictures taken by better photographers and attempted to recreate them. I'm not saying the authors of these photos are professionals, and that I expect to be blown away. It's just that with less than an hour of searching, I could find different, better versions of the exact same compositions for every picture in that gallery.
Hell, several of them just looked like snapshots. Contrary to what these people seem to believe, changing the picture to black and white does not automatically turn garbage into art. It just makes it monochrome garbage. They can read all the "mood" they want into it, but it's just not there.

Point taken. That still doesn't excuse the fact that you were crapping all over Goldenhammer's thread. I see you retracted a bit, and thats cool. He's just trying to share his passion with some fellow Mac heads....

Lattimer
"God bless America. Let's save some of it." --Edward Abbey
More

Forum Links
Forum Rules