Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Griffin EarJams

Griffin EarJams
jfischetti
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 27, 2004, 09:52 AM

These look a bit bulky -- i cant believe that it can enhance the bass from just snapping on an earbud-type clip.

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/earjams/
"....and the capital of Nebraska is Lincoln!"

GORDYmac
Mac Elite
Aug 27, 2004, 01:36 PM

They look novel enough. If I got them, at least I could wear my iPod ear buds.

As far as the bass enhancement is concerned, it seems simple enough to accomplish. Sound has a narrower path to travel, so it really should sound better.

I saw Apple's in ear phones for the first time last night. Those things are bigger that I expected. It's funny, Griffin's mod on the iPod earbuds don't look much larger.
( Last edited by GORDYmac; Aug 27, 2004 at 01:43 PM. )

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 27, 2004, 01:41 PM

These might be pretty cool. In-ear buds do enhance volume and base. Try it yourself with the regular ear buds by pushing them deeper into your ear canal. From what I can gather, the Apple in-ear buds don't fit very well. I could get these and convert the standard ear buds into the in-ear variety for a lot less than buying new ones from Apple that likely won't fit well anyway.

OAW

Apfhex
Mac Elite
Aug 27, 2004, 02:32 PM

Ooh! I'll have to keep an eye (or an ear?) on these. I was thinking about some in-ear ones, and if I can just get some attachments for my existing buds, that'd be rocking.

p.s. wee, 500th post! I'm so behind everyone else that registered in 2000...
( Last edited by Apfhex; Aug 27, 2004 at 04:02 PM. )

Luca Rescigno
Professional Poster
Aug 30, 2004, 08:20 PM

The difference is that regular in-ear headphones actually have the headphone drivers right there, inside the part that goes in your ear. These are not really the same thing. I do wonder how well they actually work.

Don't count on getting them anytime soon if you order now. Griffin has had plenty of problems in the past actually getting their announced products out the door. They get around to it eventually but it takes a long time.

"That's Mama Luigi to you, Mario!" *wheeze*

Forum Links
Forum Rules