Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Arab woman kicks some @$$, now that's my kinda woman!!

Arab woman kicks some @$$, now that's my kinda woman!!
arrested502
Senior User
Sep 23, 2002, 02:14 PM

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...an_woman_power

It sure beats having to look like this all the time:
"Devil ether, it makes you behave like the village drunkard in some early Irish novel. Total loss of all basic motor skills. Blurred vision. No balance. Numb Tongue. The mind recoills in horror. Unable to communicate with the spinal column. Which is interresting, because you can watch yourself behaving in this terrible way, but you can't control it"

mchladek
Mac Elite
Sep 23, 2002, 02:23 PM

Haha! That's freakin' awesome. You go girl

daimoni
Occasionally Quoted
Sep 23, 2002, 02:40 PM

( Last edited by daimoni; May 8, 2004 at 02:38 PM. )

El Pre$idente
Banned
Sep 23, 2002, 02:59 PM

More ignorance of the Arab world.

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Sep 23, 2002, 09:25 PM

What's an arab?
I could take Sean Connery in a fight... I could definitely take him.

rambo47
Mac Elite
Sep 23, 2002, 10:35 PM

So where do you think she is now? Anybody have any illusions about her still being alive? Don't think for a minute that her "15 minutes of fame" can afford her any protection. If you do, then you simply don't understand the Arab mind.

shanraghan
Senior User
Sep 23, 2002, 10:56 PM

It might not provide her any protection, but it's too late to undo the 'damage' she has caused. Bear in mind, she was cheered on by the crowd around her. She has proven to others of her kind that they need not remain silent and turn beaten cheek after beaten cheek to anyone who wishes to oppress them. I believe this event signals changes to come in Jordian society, although it may take some time for them to become manifest.

Note to self: learn more about this situation before opening mouth... any... further.
( Last edited by shanraghan; Sep 24, 2002 at 09:58 PM. )
[CENSORED]

Newbies generally fulfil one of two functions: being a pain in the ass or fodder for the vets. If they survive to Senoir Membership, then their role undergoes a little change...

shanraghan: self-appointed French-speaking Chef de MacNN! Serving gourmet newbie-yaki to vets since the demise of the Drunken Circle Tool!

El Pre$idente
Banned
Sep 24, 2002, 02:37 AM

Jordanian women are mostly uncovered. What you see it that silly pic above is the full length Burka that the Western media love to highlight yet isn't really that popular in the Arab world. A head scarf is more than enough for the majority and just as many women in nations like Egypt, Morocco, Iraq, Syria or Lebanon do not wear any head covering unless they are with family or traditional functions.

Ever see Queen Noor? Regardless, that article linked above is what you get when some idiot needs to fill space with a bogus story that some pleeb in an office somewhere thinks 'sounds cool'.

arrested502  (op)
Senior User
Sep 24, 2002, 06:58 AM

Originally posted by El Pre$idente:
Jordanian women are mostly uncovered. What you see it that silly pic above is the full length Burka that the Western media love to highlight yet isn't really that popular in the Arab world. A head scarf is more than enough for the majority and just as many women in nations like Egypt, Morocco, Iraq, Syria or Lebanon do not wear any head covering unless they are with family or traditional functions.
I knew I shoulda just replied with the obligatory american "We need to bomb the hell out of the middle east and liberate these women now" response

Hey, Let's make everything in life about politics /end sarcasm
"Devil ether, it makes you behave like the village drunkard in some early Irish novel. Total loss of all basic motor skills. Blurred vision. No balance. Numb Tongue. The mind recoills in horror. Unable to communicate with the spinal column. Which is interresting, because you can watch yourself behaving in this terrible way, but you can't control it"

Forum Links
Forum Rules