Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > [Update] SmoothStripes and Aqua Extreme for Tiger

[Update] SmoothStripes and Aqua Extreme for Tiger
bOOzo
Addicted to Themes
May 15, 2005, 05:27 AM

In guiKit and package format - find out more at http://www.maxthemes.com/

Fonzie
Grizzled Veteran
May 15, 2005, 05:55 AM

sad to see the glossy menubar go in the SmoothStripes theme. But you told us not to be too upset if our favourite variation was not included so i'm not. just sad

Good job on making these themes. I will use them when I get back on Aqua.
There's No Offposition On the Genius Switch - David Letterman

honz
May 15, 2005, 06:07 AM

I'm loving having the old menubar back, and the crisp aqua buttons, progress, etc is much better looking, more professional finish, but.... I've got to say I actually liked Mail the way it was and the changes which have been made to it makes the whole theme plain unusable for me I'm afraid.

p.h..i...l....
Forum Regular
May 15, 2005, 06:11 AM

Max -- you made my day. Thank you so much!

RevEvs
Mac Elite
May 15, 2005, 06:32 AM

OMG PERFECT!

I cant put in words how perfect Milk Blue is... sunken widgets, no stripes, and the Unified toolbar is still there! Perfect!!!!!!!!!
I free'd my mind... now it won't come back.

ZXspectrum
Dedicated MacNNer
May 15, 2005, 07:04 AM

Thanks

Noonster
Dedicated MacNNer
May 15, 2005, 07:53 AM

Nice work

Hopefully we will see Milk for tiger soon
MacBook • 13.3" MacBook Aluminum Unibody, 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB, 250GB
iMac G5 • 20" iMac G5, 1.8GHz, 1GB, 160GB, SD, AP, BT/KB/MS
iPod Mini • Silver, 4GB
iPhone 3G • Black, 16GB

Kadgar
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 15, 2005, 10:08 AM

I like it but I also liked mail the way it was. Oh well, very nice job anyway

Zimphire
Baninated
May 15, 2005, 10:51 AM

Thanks Max. I'll probably be installed it in a few.

Thanks for also making a package installer.

I take back any bad things I've said about you.

Zimphire
Baninated
May 15, 2005, 11:00 AM

OK I am back. WOW, what a difference.

And that installer that you made, or had made is REAL SLICK Max. Esp your little starburst image within the window.

I like the scroll thumbs better as well.

Again, thanks.

bOOzo  (op)
Addicted to Themes
May 15, 2005, 11:29 AM

Glad it's appreciated

Milk is being worked on, but this week will be hectic at work so it will be at least one more week before it's released, probably longer.

Zimphire
Baninated
May 15, 2005, 12:14 PM

I might put back in the Tiger menu though. I kinda liked the slicker look.

sofamystic
May 15, 2005, 01:11 PM

Hi noob here- my first post and i joined cos i wanted to use the package for smoothstripes- and it's no go on my startup disk. all the options are greyed- i can install on another disk- i get all the packages and everything installed but i have no system on that disk. tried logging in as root and still the same story.... is there something i am missing?? any ideas?
Some people wear their heart up on their sleeve.
I wear mine underneath my right pant leg,
strapped to my boot.

Dryden
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 15, 2005, 01:18 PM

Thanks for the update, looks sweet. Unfortunately, I hosed my system with the installer version of smoothstripes. Just wanted to let you know in case others experience this and helps narrow down any problems with the installer.
Here's the lowdown:

First install went fine. Logged out/in then played around with it for a while. I decided to go back to the default Aqua for a bit, un-install went fine until I went to log out. It dropped me into the console. That's cool I thought, perhaps a reboot might help, nope. It tries to load up the loginwindow, but drops me into the console.

I made a backup of my extras file just in case something like this might happen; so I proceeded to copy that over what was installed, still no dice. The problem could have been anything, but note that it happened when restoring Aqua.

Not sure what went wrong, but thought I'd let you now anyway. I'm on an OS 9 machine just now to type this, probably do an archive & install later if I can't hack my way back into Tiger.

Wish I'd used the GuiKit version .

Still, looked great from what I saw.

Zimphire
Baninated
May 15, 2005, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Dryden
Thanks for the update, looks sweet. Unfortunately, I hosed my system with the installer version of smoothstripes. Just wanted to let you know in case others experience this and helps narrow down any problems with the installer.
Here's the lowdown:

First install went fine. Logged out/in then played around with it for a while. I decided to go back to the default Aqua for a bit, un-install went fine until I went to log out. It dropped me into the console. That's cool I thought, perhaps a reboot might help, nope. It tries to load up the loginwindow, but drops me into the console.

I made a backup of my extras file just in case something like this might happen; so I proceeded to copy that over what was installed, still no dice. The problem could have been anything, but note that it happened when restoring Aqua.

Not sure what went wrong, but thought I'd let you now anyway. I'm on an OS 9 machine just now to type this, probably do an archive & install later if I can't hack my way back into Tiger.

Wish I'd used the GuiKit version .

Still, looked great from what I saw.

Man oh man that was funny.

BTW I just tried this 10 times in a row. Not a problem.

There is nothing wrong with said installer Max used. It's the one Apple itself uses.

If you hosed your system, you did something wrong.

Dryden
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 15, 2005, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Zimphire

Man oh man that was funny.

BTW I just tried this 10 times in a row. Not a problem.

There is nothing wrong with said installer Max used. It's the one Apple itself uses.

If you hosed your system, you did something wrong.

Funny? Are you stupid or something? Think it's funny that I experienced a problem? I'm not really interested if you didn't experience a problem.

FYI: The thing that I did, was to run the installer. Pretty hard to ascribe something I did wrong when using something so simple. Wouldn't you think? Sounds like I did exactly what you are doing above, running the installer.

If you have nothing to contribute, why not plug your keghole?

Zimphire
Baninated
May 15, 2005, 02:08 PM

Dryden what you described is really simply not possible by simply just running the installer.

Tell me, how come I was able to do it 10x in a row with no problems?

If the installer had a problem, this would be happening wide-scale.

The installer is installing things the SAME WAY Apple installs system files.

The only thing that was done was file replacing through permissions.

Something I have done manually for years.

This simply does not happen. Of course unless you had installed a third party hack before doing this. Then there is your culprit.

The only time this has ever happened was when people took a OLD version of the Extras.rsrc from a DIFFERENT version of OS 10 and tried to use it in a newer version.

And unless Max put a older version in the installer (He didn't) that isn't the case.

Dryden
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 15, 2005, 02:14 PM

Dryden what you described is really simply not possible by simply just running the installer.

Tell me, how come I was able to do it 10x in a row with no problems?

If the installer had a problem, this would be happening wide-scale.

I take it you didn't really read my original post. The problem cropped up when removing the theme via the installer. After the installer had run, I logged out and it dropped me to the command prompt (console mode).

I don't care if you didn't experience a problem. I did, I wrote up what it was to inform the guy who created the installer, and for other users. I don't care much about your popmous attitude, either; assuming that it's funny, and that the user is utterly to blame for said issue.

If you think installing programs, or utilites can't cause problems with user's computers, or de-installation of them, then you have no clue about software development.

Again, it doesn't matter if you didn't have an issue, I did, and that's all I care about.

Dryden
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 15, 2005, 02:17 PM

Something I have done manually for years.

This simply does not happen. Of course unless you had installed a third party hack before doing this. Then there is your culprit.

The only time this has ever happened was when people took a OLD version of the Extras.rsrc from a DIFFERENT version of OS 10 and tried to use it in a newer version.

And unless Max put a older version in the installer (He didn't) that isn't the case.
Please don't assume anything here, if I had any hacks, or suchlike on my system, I'd have said so. I've been hacking systems for years, and developing for them; so I think it's rather stupendously stupid of you to assume that installation of software can't cause issues just because yours went in smooth.

Zimphire
Baninated
May 15, 2005, 02:18 PM

I take it you didn't really read my original post. The problem cropped up when removing the theme via the installer.
Yes, yes I did. That sir is running the installer.
Many apps used the same uninstaller method with no problems. Apple included.
After the installer had run, I logged out and it dropped me to the command prompt (console mode).
Again, what could cause such a problem? You claim to be a dev or whatever. I did the same thing. 10 times. No problem. I can't seem to find what your problem could be.
I don't care if you didn't experience a problem. I did, I wrote up what it was to inform the guy who created the installer, and for other users. I don't care much about your popmous attitude, either; assuming that it's funny, and that the user is utterly to blame for said issue.
I am not trying to be "popmous" or whatever that is. I am just saying, the installer isn't the culprit.
If you think installing programs, or utilites can't cause problems with user's computers, or de-installation of them, then you have no clue about software development.
Where did I say that? I said this particular installer.
Again, it doesn't matter if you didn't have an issue, I did, and that's all I care about.
You have issues. I am sure. I don't think however the installer has anything to do with it.

As a matter of fact, I can bet on it.

Zimphire
Baninated
May 15, 2005, 02:19 PM

Please don't assume anything here, if I had any hacks, or suchlike on my system, I'd have said so. I've been hacking systems for years, and developing for them;
So you should have no problem explaining what went wrong, right?
so I think it's rather stupendously stupid of you to assume that installation of software can't cause issues just because yours went in smooth.
Again, I never said that. I am talking about this particular installer.

Not installation of any software.

Dryden
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 15, 2005, 02:22 PM

Yes, yes I did. That sir is running the installer.
Many apps used the same uninstaller method with no problems. Apple included.

Again, what could cause such a problem? I did the same thing. 10 times. No problem.

I am not trying to be "popmous" or whatever that is. I am just saying, the installer isn't the culprit.

Where did I say that? I said this particular installer.

You have issues. I am sure. I don't think however the installer has anything to do with it.

As a matter of fact, I can bet on it.
Oh jeez. What does an installer do? It installs. What does it install? I'll let you think about that for a moment.

Now, you've made your point clear that you haven't had an issue, great. I have. Now, unless you have anything of worth to add, or suggest, as opposed to climaxing over how you never had an issue replacing extras files, and installers, then please move along.

Dryden
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 15, 2005, 02:25 PM

Well, duh. I'm talking about this installer, too. It's cause me a bit of hassle. Your comments on installers in general warranted my reply on your lack of knowledge on installation routines, and what they entail.

Now, you keep coming back to my system and how you just seem to know that a hack is involved here. Let me reassure your little heart that it has nothing on it but 2 installed apps, and a bit o' luvin'. IN other words, it's friggin new install of Tiger.

Once again, if you have anything useful to add, or just meandering, useless information, then please move along.

Dryden
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 15, 2005, 02:25 PM

Well, duh. I'm talking about this installer, too. It's caused me a bit of hassle. Your comments on installers in general warranted my reply on your lack of knowledge on installation routines, and what they entail.

Now, you keep coming back to my system and how you just seem to know that a hack is involved here. Let me reassure your little heart that it has nothing on it but 2 installed apps, and a bit o' luvin'. IN other words, it's friggin new install of Tiger.

Once again, if you have nothing useful to add, or just meandering, useless information, then please move along.

Zimphire
Baninated
May 15, 2005, 02:28 PM

Oh jeez. What does an installer do? It installs. What does it install? I'll let you think about that for a moment.
It installs files through permissions.

Something that people do every day without hosing their system.
Now, you've made your point clear that you haven't had an issue, great. I have.
And you are blaming it on something, when you clearly don't know what caused it.
Now, unless you have anything of worth to add, or suggest, as opposed to climaxing over how you never had an issue replacing extras files, and installers, then please move along.
Again Dryden, I've peaked in the installer, looked around. You claim you know about software and how to develop it etc.

Tell us what went wrong. If it was the installers fault.

Show us how it is. It should be a easy find.

Simply replacing valid original system files wont kill your system.

If it does, there is something wrong with your system.

It installs files through permissions.

Something that people do every day without hosing their system.
Now, you've made your point clear that you haven't had an issue, great. I have.
And you are blaming it on something, when you clearly don't know what caused it.
Now, unless you have anything of worth to add, or suggest, as opposed to climaxing over how you never had an issue replacing extras files, and installers, then please move along.
Again Dryden, I've peaked in the installer, looked around. You claim you know about software and how to develop it etc.

Tell us what went wrong. If it was the installers fault.

Show us how it is. It should be a easy find.

Simply replacing valid original system files wont kill your system.

Well, duh. I'm talking about this installer, too. It's caused me a bit of hassle. Your comments on installers in general warranted my reply on your lack of knowledge on installation routines, and what they entail.
I've made my own installers and know how they work Dryden. You are being pretentious now. Again, you claim all this knowledge, tell use what went wrong.
Now, you keep coming back to my system and how you just seem to know that a hack is involved here.
No, I said IF there was a hack, and I only said it once.

And your comment oh mr 1st post made in this thread here

Wish I'd used the GuiKit version
This forum is full of people hosing their system using ShapeShifter.

I don't blame ShapeShifter either.
( Last edited by Zimphire; May 15, 2005 at 02:37 PM. )

Dryden
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 15, 2005, 02:28 PM

Thus being... an installer! Clever lad.

Zimphire
Baninated
May 15, 2005, 02:35 PM

Thus being... an installer! Clever lad.
Dryden, you took what I said, and exaggerated. I was clearing up that exaggeration you made.

Stop putting words in my mouth.

Still no explanation on how it screwed up your system eh?

Didn't think so.

Dryden
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 15, 2005, 02:36 PM

Honestly, mate, you're barking up the wrong tree here if you're out to make a point via my posts.

Obviously something has happened which YOU don't understand, and I haven''t figured out, yet. Is that too much of a leap in logic for you to grasp at his stage?

In any case, babble all you want, I'm just going to ignore you if your approach to problem solving is this mess of a reply.

Dryden
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 15, 2005, 02:37 PM

Dryden, you took what I said, and exaggerated. I was clearing up that exaggeration you made.

Stop putting words in my mouth.

Still no explanation on how it screwed up your system eh?

Didn't think so.

Are you deranged? How the hell do I know what it did. It only just happened! I'\m on another computer right now, and will take a look at it later on.

Get a grip.

Zimphire
Baninated
May 15, 2005, 02:38 PM

Honestly, mate, you're barking up the wrong tree here if you're out to make a point via my posts.

Obviously something has happened which YOU don't understand, and I haven''t figured out, yet. Is that too much of a leap in logic for you to grasp at his stage?
Again, I am willing for you to explain to me what went wrong. You have yet to.

So go ahead.
Are you deranged? How the hell do I know what it did.
You claimed you were this knowledgeable guy about such things, Would you like me to quote you? Are you now admitting you were being pretentious?
It only just happened! I'\m on another computer right now, and will take a look at it later on.
I'll come back later to see if you have found the answer.

Somehow I doubt you will.

Your original post was pretty transparent man. Give it up.

Your comment on how the guikit would be SO MUCH BETTER had you installed it instead was too obvious. You should have left it out.

Esp since like I said before, other people have hosed their system many a time using it as well. This forum is full of said threads.

And again, I don't blame ShapeShifter for that either.

But then again, I am just being honest.

Both installation ways (ShapeShifter vs Apple Installer) are valid, and equally safe. No need to spread FUD.
( Last edited by Zimphire; May 15, 2005 at 02:47 PM. )

Dryden
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 15, 2005, 02:41 PM

So go ahead.

Wait a minute. After your replies here, I somehow doubt you're really interested in understanding what went wrong. From the outset you've been accusatory, and arrogant. Another thing, don't bother trying to put me up against a wall to explan a thing to the lieks of you.

Like i said earlier, I haven't bloomin figured out what went wrong, I'v not looked at it properly, yet. Once i look at it, I'll let the developer know, and post a little thing here if I find out what went wrong.

Zimphire
Baninated
May 15, 2005, 02:43 PM

And again, like I said, I hope you do.

I just doubt we ever hear anything.

Dryden
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 15, 2005, 02:44 PM

So go ahead.

You claimed you were this knowledgeable guy about such things, Would you like me to quote you? Are you now admitting you were being pretentious?

I'll come back later to see if you have found the answer.

Somehow I doubt you will.

Your original post was pretty transparent man. Give it up.

What the hell are you talking about? My post was transparent? This is MacNN, isn't it? Not Rense.com?

Is there something going on here that I am not privy too? From my merely informing the themer of a problem I came across, to your silly accusations, and demands, I'm wondering what the hell you are alluding to.

Dryden
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 15, 2005, 02:49 PM

And again, like I said, I hope you do.

I just doubt we ever hear anything.

And that means what to me? Not a lot.

I'm just going to ignore you from now on. I'll place you in the "I'm an online ****" category for now.

I came here to inform of a problem, nothing more, nothing less. I couldn't care less if you demand some kind of "evidence" of what went wrong. Fact is, I don't know what went wrong, which is why I posted at the time. Wish I hadn't now after "meeting" you in here.
Unless you're the guy who made it, you can just **** off as of now, and keep your mind-numbingly stupid comments to yourself.

Zimphire
Baninated
May 15, 2005, 02:49 PM

Dryden, your statement that installing the GUI kit would have been somehow safer.

When people have hosed their system using ShapeShifter as well.

All I am saying is, both the installer and ShapeShifter are both valid safe ways of installing themes.

None are more dangerous than the other.

As there have been people who have hosed their systems with each way.

And 99% of the time, it's not ShapeShifter or the installer's fault.

Them are facts.

But hey, if you can find something wrong with said installer, and Max can get it fixed in no time.

Dryden
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 15, 2005, 02:54 PM

Dryden, your statement that installing the GUI kit would have been somehow safer.

When people have hosed their system using ShapeShifter as well.

All I am saying is, both the installer and ShapeShifter are both valid safe ways of installing themes.

"All I am saying is..." No, you are saying everything but your point on SS. Next time, please get to the point in less than 5 bajillion words.

So... this is what you have your knickers in a twist about? My comment that I wish I had used the guikit?

****ing hell. Get over it, it was throwaway comment based on the fact that the dev. had both versions available and I chose the one which ****ed up my computer. Is it too much to think why I might of wanted to use the other version? Couldn't you have simply pointed out your opinion on guikits instead of all this cr@p here?

You're assuming too much in thinking I said that guikits were safer. I merely wished I tried it because the one i did use ****ed up my system.

:dragonflypro:
Senior User
May 15, 2005, 03:02 PM

Ladies, please…

Zimphire
Baninated
May 15, 2005, 03:04 PM

"All I am saying is..." No, you are saying everything but your point
No, my point was also the installer did not do that.
Next time, please get to the point in less than 5 bajillion words.
Now you are being pretentious. To think you have a say on what I do.
So... this is what you have your knickers in a twist about? My comment that I wish I had used the guikit?
Nope, not at all. That was just something I thought I would point out to you as well.
****ing hell. Get over it, it was throwaway comment based on the fact that the dev. had both versions available and I chose the one which ****ed up my computer.
I have a feeling, either one of them would really. Because they basically do the same thing.
Is it too much to think why I might of wanted to use the other version? Couldn't you have simply pointed out your opinion on guikits instead of all this cr@p here?
My opinion on GUI kits? I think they are GREAT! I don't dislike them a bit.
You're assuming too much in thinking I said that guikits were safer. I merely wished I tried it because the one i did use ****ed up my system.
you said
Wish I'd used the GuiKit version
As if all your problems would have been averted had you ONLY went and downloaded ShapeShifter, payed for it, and installed the GUI kit that way.

If the installer hosed your system, chances are the GUIkit probably would have too.

Again, ShapeShifter, nor the installer really cause these things.

Now it could happen that Max screwed up the resources somehow that made OS X not recognize said file. Therefore causing it to drop down.

I would have no idea why my fresh copy of Tiger would recognize it, but yours would not.

As in that is the only reason OS X would do such a thing.

(Back in the day before SS or even ThemePark when people would swap older OS X themes made in the PB days with the new final release version of OS X, this would indeed happen. This also began the FUD scare that manually installing themes somehow hosed your system. For some reason some people want this FUD kept running.)

Dryden
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 15, 2005, 03:06 PM

I'm just astounded by the reaction in here.

Zimphire
Baninated
May 15, 2005, 03:07 PM

Dryden I am just dispelling the FUD. That is all.

Dryden
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 15, 2005, 03:10 PM

you said

As if all your problems would have been averted had you ONLY went and downloaded ShapeShifter, payed for it, and installed the GUI kit that way.

Honestly, are you just a a part-time idiot, or a full-time dick? Just look at how you read so much into my one comment, go on, have a look. I'll wait.

I think any sane person can see why I said I wish I'd used the alternative version,. it's bloody obvious why I said it. Know what? I can't believe I am even replying to this crud you are writing.

But hey, you need to grind that axe of yours, don't you? I mean, that's what all this is about?

Oh, btw, the word is "paid" not "payed" Now I know the level of intellect I am dealing with, LMFAO.

Friggin stupid fool. LOL

Dryden
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 15, 2005, 03:13 PM

Dryden I am just dispelling the FUD. That is all.

Again, what on earth are you talking about? FUD? I posted about a genuine problem I came across, I merely mentioned I wish I'd taken the alternative version as a sidetone. Jeez, the alternative version could have been a piece of cheese for all I care.

I'm sorry, but I honestly have NO idea what the hell you are talking about when it comes to SS, and your gripes, or whatever.

Zimphire
Baninated
May 15, 2005, 03:18 PM

Honestly, are you just a a part-time idiot, or a full-time dick? Just look at how you read so much into my one comment, go on, have a look. I'll wait.
I see my premonition of you just being a troll was correct.
I think any sane person can see why I said I wish I'd used the alternative version,. it's bloody obvious why I said it. KNow what? I can't believe I am even replying to this crud you are writing.
Because you believed it would have somehow not happened had you did. I know. And I was just dispelling that.
But hey, you need to grind that axe of yours, don't you? I mean, that's what all this is about?
What axe would that be? I am not upset. I am not even angry. But you seem to be.
Oh, btw, the word is "paid" not "payed" Now I know the level of intellect I am dealing with, LMFAO.

Friggin stupid fool. LOL
Oh yeah you say this, but before you said this.

I don't care much about your popmous attitude
What kind of attitude was that again?

Dryden
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 15, 2005, 03:22 PM

I see my premonition of you just being a troll was correct.

Look, mate, seek help, it's good advice.

You really have an axe to grind, don't you? You can't even accept what I am saying, nooo, you have to read all your conspiratorial thoughts into it.

Now, please just go, or do what you do in your world. Leave this to the adults. M'kay? Thx, bye.

sofamystic
May 15, 2005, 03:25 PM

i was wondering how one gets to alsmost 29,000 posts counted. now i know... and i thought this board was full of helpful people. waste of time reading this thread today... think i'll come back when King of Nothingness stops trying to be right and actuallyy has some stuff to do or something where he can help or make a difference.... sheesh.
Some people wear their heart up on their sleeve.
I wear mine underneath my right pant leg,
strapped to my boot.

Zimphire
Baninated
May 15, 2005, 03:26 PM

Look, mate, seek help, it's good advice.
Hey, all I am doing is dispelling FUD. That isn't something that would make someone seek help on.
You really have an axe to grind, don't you? You can't even accept what I am saying, nooo, you have to read all your conspiratorial thoughts into it.
Axe to grind? No not at all. And what conspiracy thoughts are you talking about?
Now, please just go, or do what you do in your world. Leave this to the adults. M'kay? Thx, bye.
Do adults call people dicks?

Zimphire
Baninated
May 15, 2005, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by sofamystic
i was wondering how one gets to alsmost 29,000 posts counted. now i know... and i thought this board was full of helpful people. waste of time reading this thread today... think i'll come back when King of Nothingness stops trying to be right and actuallyy has some stuff to do or something where he can help or make a difference.... sheesh.
I am trying to help sofa. Really I am.

Just not in the way that you think.

But what is going on is really pathetic. I agree.

Dryden
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 15, 2005, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by sofamystic
It baffles me, too. I really can't believe it. I honestly posted about a problem I encountered straight after un-installing this theme. I was nice enough to say that I loved the theme. I even pointed out that I didn't know if the theme was the problem, or not. Here's what I said: "The problem could have been anything, but note that it happened when restoring Aqua.

Not sure what went wrong, but thought I'd let you know anyway. I'm on an OS 9 machine just now to type this, probably do an archive & install later if I can't hack my way back into Tiger.

Now, was I nasty or anything? I don't think so. Was I disparaging towards to the installer, again, I don't think so.

I just wanted to post here and see what others might have to say, but to have this jerk behave in this manner has really put me off being a member of this site.

Dryden
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 15, 2005, 03:33 PM

Do adults call people dicks?

I'm sorry, you lost the right to be treated nicely long ago.

Dryden
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 15, 2005, 03:36 PM

I am trying to help sofa. Really I am.

Just not in the way that you think.

But what is going on is really pathetic. I agree.

It is pathetic, and I'm regretting even getting involved with you, and looks like others are too.

Also, you were not being helpful. I asked you to contribute in a helpful manner, but all you did was carry on your "thing".

Forum Links
Forum Rules