Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > dvi out issues on widescreen lcdtv (help)

dvi out issues on widescreen lcdtv (help)
r0bx0r
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 14, 2007, 02:54 PM

I have a 26" lcdtv (720p widescreen) that i would like to watch movies (et. al) on. I hook up the dvi-out to the lcd from the mb and the resolution is a 4:3, just stretched to fit on the widescreen. i can't change the resolution. the only options available in prefs are 4:3 res...no 16:9... anyone know either how to force a resolution, or to be able to get a widescreen res on a ws lcdtv?? thanks for the help!

xsphat
Forum Regular
Jan 16, 2007, 01:50 PM

I have no advice for you but i wanted to give you props on the Et. Al (among others) thing.

mduell
Posting Junkie
Jan 16, 2007, 07:21 PM

Try SwitchResX; it will let you arbitrarily set the resolution. You'll probably want to find out what your TVs native resolution is (some are 1366x768, some are 1368x768, some are 1366x800, etc).

Originally Posted by xsphat View Post
I have no advice for you but i wanted to give you props on the Et. Al (among others) thing.
And I'll give him double anti-props for misusing it and using a period, and you triple anti-props for praising his misuse, using a period, and capitalizing it.

"et al" refers to multiple people, not multiple things.

xsphat
Forum Regular
Jan 16, 2007, 07:51 PM

Well then I give quadruple anti-props times 2 plus one infinity for caring.

xsphat
Forum Regular
Jan 16, 2007, 07:54 PM

And thank you for the correction.

Forum Links
Forum Rules