Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > Mac and CSS web help

Mac and CSS web help
idontmac
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 30, 2008, 05:27 PM

I'm designing a web site in CSS and XHTML and am having problems with it lining up correctly on my Mac but it looks fine on a PC. Has anyone had this problem that can give me some insight or a solution? I'm following instructions out of a CSS book from APress who also used a Mac for his examples.
Any help? Thanks.

OreoCookie
Jun 2, 2008, 08:52 AM

Without telling us which browsers you use, we cannot give you any answer.
Plus, it doesn't depend on the OS, MacOS X just uses a different default browser. I'd load the page with FireFox, Safari and (if you have access to a PC) with IE. Do not use Internet Explorer to check whether your CSS code is correct! A beta of IE8 has just passed the ACID2 test which virtually every other modern browser has passed for years and there is lots of progress on ACID3. The ACID tests are standards compliance tests with respect to HTML, CSS, etc.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jun 2, 2008, 09:25 AM

How are you expecting us to help when you haven't provided us with a URL or anything we can sink our teeth into? As OreoCookie said, problems with a web browser does not equate to problems with an operating system.
( Last edited by besson3c; Jun 2, 2008 at 11:24 AM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules