Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > safari fails to load pages after idle

safari fails to load pages after idle
yogi
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 15, 2005, 01:01 AM

Greetings ,
I have been running Safari without a glitch for six months, ever since getting cable dsl hookup. Now, in the last three days, safari will not exactly freeze, but will fail to load a new page after only a few minutes of non-use. I can still scroll the currently loaded page, but clicking on a new link will produce the new address in the url bar, which will display the blue progress indicator about 10% of the way, then stop totally. Similarly, when streaming audio in iTunes, the music will stop, the computer saays "rebuffering stream", but it will never reload. In both cases, it will right itself only if I put the computer to sleep, then wake it, even if sleep is only for two seconds. After that Safari is right quick, until I start reading the same page for a few minutes or otherwise idle.
After browsing the board here a bit, I have tried all these possible fixes, but to no avail.
1. restart
2. clear cache, reset safari
3. repair permissions and run maintenance scripts via ONYX utility and restart
4. trash the icons and plist files and restart
5. unplug all connexions, wait, restart
6. remove all duplicate fonts from font book app.
7. ???? don't know what to try next

current OS 10.3.8, safari 1.2.4 (v125.12)

any suggestions please.
thanks,
dave

stravinsky1911
Jul 17, 2005, 04:21 PM

8. Try creating a new user account and testing to see if the same problem happens there. Keep us posted.
timeline - SE/30, some crappy performa, original bondi iMac 233, TiBook500, macbook pro 2GHz

Forum Links
Forum Rules