Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Vioce to text app?

Vioce to text app?
neverskatewsandles
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 17, 2006, 10:56 PM

is there any apps for mac where you can plug in a microphone and when you talk it types what you say. I know there is something like this for pcs and if anyone knows that it would work too. One of my relatives used to have one and I never knew what it was called. Any help would be very much apprieciated.
2ghz macbook /120gb hd ,1gb ram, superdrive/iwork

stravinsky1911
Aug 19, 2006, 08:47 PM

Hmmm... nothing out there is really quite as good as Dragon Naturally Speaking on the PC side, but here are two:

iListen: MacSpeech Store

IBM ViaVoice may still be out there as well, but I don't believe it has been updated recently for the macintosh.
timeline - SE/30, some crappy performa, original bondi iMac 233, TiBook500, macbook pro 2GHz

krx
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 20, 2006, 05:40 PM

There have been a few post on this recently. Here's one post that also contains a link to another post on the subject.

Forum Links
Forum Rules