Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > How to restore default icons?

How to restore default icons?
samsontan
Forum Regular
Dec 28, 2006, 02:27 PM

I was using candybar to alter my icons. I did quite a lot of editing and then it expired. Then, i couldn't change my icons, so i decided to trash everything, including all that i can find under spotlight for "candybar". Not knowing that i trashed the default icons that act as a backup settings for the application so.. basically, i removed the backup for the default icons.

PS. I empty trash everytime i see things in the trash

After reinstalling i was back on icon changing again. Then found out that all the default icons were missing.

How do i repair this prob? Like using original OS disc or something?
( Last edited by samsontan; Dec 28, 2006 at 02:37 PM. )

stravinsky1911
Dec 29, 2006, 02:03 AM

I know this is really basic - but have you opened the info panel for an app and deleted whatever icon was there?
timeline - SE/30, some crappy performa, original bondi iMac 233, TiBook500, macbook pro 2GHz

Forum Links
Forum Rules