Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Sawtooth Rev. B?

Sawtooth Rev. B?
Serotonin
Mar 19, 2000, 12:31 AM

I've understood that since Apple came out with the G4/500's, they've made some changes to the motherboard design, hence it being called "Rev. B." Anyone know what those changes may be? Apparently causes some problems with some PCI cards. Also, how can a user easily find out if they have a Rev. B 450 or 400?

2far
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 22, 2000, 10:25 AM

There are a number of visible changes, probably the easiest is to check the AirPort antenna cable: in Rev. A it goes up to the handle, in Rev. B it goes behind the side door.

On a related note, my Rev. A shipped with an ATI Rage Pro graphics adapter with a mini fan, my Rev. B without.

Greg

Douglas Kine
Mar 22, 2000, 08:55 PM

Just to throw this in since you's guys are talikin Sawtooth: Been up and running now since I got it. (ordered day 1) It's the only Mac I've ever had (out of 9) that has never crashed. Amazing!
I 've tried. It just won't.
Douglas

duel
Mar 22, 2000, 09:22 PM

The newest version comes with Mac OS 9.0.2

sblunden
Mar 23, 2000, 12:00 AM

the Rev.B have a red Light inside that lights up when the door is open and the computer is on so you know the computer is on and dont do something stupid like change ram or hard drives while its on.
- s p e n c e r

tasslehawf
Forum Regular
Mar 25, 2000, 02:31 PM

the last rev had the red light too.
Custom furniture: Steel, wood, concrete. Concrete counter tops.
http://mhayesdesign.com
http://theconcreature.com

Forum Links
Forum Rules