Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Goodbye Macnn

Goodbye Macnn (Page 2)
ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 20, 2004, 10:17 AM

While I have been able to completely ignored him for the last year or two, I never understood why he was allowed to continue posting despite being banned dozens of times? Why did the mods allow him to continue to post?

My sig is 1 pixel too big.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Oct 20, 2004, 10:17 AM

Originally posted by Gankdawg:
So lounge posts are supposed to be of high quality?

-t

Randman
Posting Junkie
Oct 20, 2004, 10:26 AM

Originally posted by ort888:
While I have been able to completely ignored him for the last year or two, I never understood why he was allowed to continue posting despite being banned dozens of times? Why did the mods allow him to continue to post?
Ratings. I mean hits.

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

TheBadgerHunter
Mac Elite
Oct 20, 2004, 10:26 AM

Originally posted by ort888:
He's on AOL. So not only does he have dynamic IP, like myself, his IP is never in a certain "block" so they would have to ban all of AOL.

GoGoReggieXPowars
Mac Elite
Oct 20, 2004, 10:27 AM

GRR! ME HATE CHRISTIANS!

LOOK AT MY CAR!

LOOK AT MY CAR!

LOOK AT MY CAR!

LOOK AT MY CAR!

GRR! ME HATE NINTENDO!

LOOK AT MY CAR!

LOOK AT MY CAR!

I LOVE AYN RAND AND ANYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH HER IS AN IDIOT!

LOOK AT MY CAR!

LOOK AT MY CAR!

LOOK AT MY CAR!

etc.

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 20, 2004, 10:28 AM

+1?

"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Oct 20, 2004, 10:33 AM

Originally posted by TheBadgerHunter:
He's on AOL. So not only does he have dynamic IP, like myself, his IP is never in a certain "block" so they would have to ban all of AOL.
That's not the point.

The mods could have closed down every new account that he opened.
But they didn't. On purpose. Why ? I dunno...

-t

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Oct 20, 2004, 10:35 AM

Good riddance. It will be nice to not have someone who considers himself "above the average bear" posting his tripe all over the board. It will be nice to actually read a topic and not have to run across a post laced with profanity because the person posting is incapable of constructing a sentence without swearing. It will be nice to read threads that do not get derailed by some guy who thinks he knows everything and has to insult the people he disagrees with. Have fun with your car.

AB^2=BCxAC
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 20, 2004, 10:36 AM

He's on AOL.

SAY NO MORE!

What a man of the world, that CA$H. Still, I prefered Susan's speech more.
( Last edited by AB^2=BCxAC; Oct 20, 2004 at 10:41 AM. )
"I stand accused, just like you, for being born without a silver spoon." Richard Ashcroft

phoenixboy70
Mac Elite
Oct 20, 2004, 10:49 AM

Originally posted by Mrjinglesusa:
Good riddance. It will be nice to not have someone who considers himself "above the average bear"
what i would like to know is what's supposed to be so "above average" about him. to me he just seems like some (probably sexually) frustrated guy from madison who likes to work on cars and post on an internet forum once in a while.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Oct 20, 2004, 10:55 AM

Originally posted by phoenixboy70:
what i would like to know is what's supposed to be so "above average" about him.
Maybe comapred to his peer group.
Good grief, I don't want to meet them !

-t

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Oct 20, 2004, 10:57 AM

Originally posted by phoenixboy70:
what i would like to know is what's supposed to be so "above average" about him. to me he just seems like some (probably sexually) frustrated guy from madison who likes to work on cars and post on an internet forum once in a while.
Don't ask me. Those are his words. Apparently his teachers in ELEMENTARY school said he was "gifted and talented." Then again, I thought elementary school teachers were supposed to say that about all their students.

Ca$h Traits We'll "Miss":

Profanity
Anger
Intolerance
Car "Lover"
Unusually high opinion of himself not supported by anything in the real world
Unusually low opinion of others not supported by anything in the real world
Obsesses about the divorces of others
Insulting
Arrogant

Am I missing anything?

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Oct 20, 2004, 11:02 AM

Originally posted by Captain Obvious:
Crap, does that mean you won't come back to announce the divorce in 3-5 years?
Priceless�
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Oct 20, 2004, 11:07 AM

Originally posted by Spliffdaddy:
um, the Lounge went south about the same time the Political/War forum was created.

Coincidence?
Give that man a cigar! (no, not you Bill...)

The Poli forum needs to be plowed over and politics banned here on MacNN. Hell, I enjoy it, but it's really not what this place is about.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

cjrivera
Professional Poster
Oct 20, 2004, 11:08 AM

My guess is he'll be back and say that he was "just doing what Kilbey did....blah blah" and resume his usual, tiresome tirades.

gadster
Mac Elite
Oct 20, 2004, 11:14 AM

Banning all of AOL would be cool... wouldn't it?
e-gads

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Oct 20, 2004, 11:17 AM

Originally posted by Spliffdaddy:
um, the Lounge went south about the same time the Political/War forum was created.

Coincidence?
This coming from someone who posts FREQUENTLY in the Political/War Forum? If you don't like it, don't post there.

It's completely separate from the Lounge so if people are not interested in it they don't have to bother going there. Much better than having Political and War topics in the lounge itself.

GoGoReggieXPowars
Mac Elite
Oct 20, 2004, 12:02 PM

Originally posted by MacNStein:
Give that man a cigar! (no, not you Bill...)
LOL

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 20, 2004, 12:05 PM

What would be the gift for the man that can't be banned?

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense." Winston Churchill

ambush
Banned
Oct 20, 2004, 12:15 PM

R.I.P. ca$h
you might benefit from anger management classes

brapper
Professional Poster
Oct 20, 2004, 12:22 PM

Originally posted by Disgruntled Head of C-3PO:
I've never posted a +1
hahahaha
I really chuckled, i swear.

Peace out Ca$h.
See you on the flip side.
(i.e. next time Kilbey posts a GM ad...)

Zimphire
Baninated
Oct 20, 2004, 12:28 PM

Originally posted by Nicko:
LOL

Fixed.

Xeo
Moderator Emeritus
Oct 20, 2004, 12:35 PM

Actually, IIRC, he's had DSL for quite a while. At least as long as he's been living with his woman.

shmerek
Professional Poster
Oct 20, 2004, 12:57 PM

I tend to agree with ThinkInsane, although I didn't always agree with cash I appreciate him more now that I see what has replaced him.

Later dude.

smacintush
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 20, 2004, 02:10 PM

The fact that he started a thread to announce his leaving speaks volumes.
Being in debt and celebrating a lower deficit is like being on a diet and celebrating the fact you gained two pounds this week instead of five.

nredman
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 20, 2004, 02:13 PM

goodbye and good luck.

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniel's."

CharlesS
Posting Junkie
Oct 20, 2004, 02:21 PM

Originally posted by ThinkInsane:
Robert has made a pretty good whipping boy around here, to be sure, but he's right about this (although, as usual, the message is lost in all that angst). This place really has taken a nose dive over the last four years. The quality of lounge posts was far and away better than what we get now. And lots of good, smart, contributing members have left do to the romper room like atmosphere that has developed. It's kind of sad, really.
Was MacNN really that much better four years ago? The main things that I remember from 2000-2001 were: OS 9 vs. OS X flame wars, bitching about 10.0 or the Public Beta's speed, mentions of 'debug code' to shrug off the speed complaints (many actually serious), made up crap about build numbers (4K78 isn't the final! There's actually a secret line of 5L** builds that they don't want you to know about! Okay, 4K78 is final, but it's a different 4K78 than the one that was released earlier!), and plenty of obsession about the overuse of the word "snappy."

Ticking sound coming from a .pkg package? Don't let the .bom go off! Inspect it first with Pacifist. Macworld - five mice!

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Oct 20, 2004, 02:36 PM

Originally posted by CharlesS:
Was MacNN really that much better four years ago? The main things that I remember from 2000-2001 were: OS 9 vs. OS X flame wars, bitching about 10.0 or the Public Beta's speed, mentions of 'debug code' to shrug off the speed complaints (many actually serious), made up crap about build numbers (4K78 isn't the final! There's actually a secret line of 5L** builds that they don't want you to know about! Okay, 4K78 is final, but it's a different 4K78 than the one that was released earlier!), and plenty of obsession about the overuse of the word "snappy."

-t

dillerX
Professional Poster
Oct 20, 2004, 02:39 PM

there were some hilarious times. all that bitching an moaning is what made all the funny ones disappear.
I tried to sig-spam the forums.
ADVANTAGE Motorsports Marketing, Inc. • speedXdesign, Inc.

DBursey
Professional Poster
Oct 20, 2004, 02:53 PM

I've left a few times. I made no pretentious announcement, and no-one really noticed or cared at all.

I recommend it as a good exercise in ego dissolution.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Oct 20, 2004, 03:00 PM

Originally posted by DBursey:
I've left a few times. I made no pretentious announcement, and no-one really noticed or cared at all.

That sounds like the good old line:
Quitting smoking is easy, I've done it hundreds of times...

I hope that Ca$h doesn't leave (and return) in the same manner.

-t

Beewee
Mac Elite
Oct 20, 2004, 03:16 PM

Originally posted by banninated68:
Okay, this isn't for this screenname, this is for me. This place meant a lot to me, and I've been here...****.. since 1999 at some point on a regular basis. With this forum, I've discovered what liberals are, and why they suck, a lot of information ...blah blah blah...whiny sounds...woe is me

**** off!

- Ca$h
Nice job trying to fit yourself in the role of "victim".
Tight fit and no way you could pull it off convincingly...maybe after some acting classes...etc. Try an "Everyones out to get me!" line next time.

Ban +1,
We all learned alot from that thread, so insightful
And I doubt I was the only one that laughed at the ridiculous irony of it.
Why not ban all of the people who post "Agreed/agree" and then put a after it?

You'll be back, you can't stay away, where else could you piss away hours of you day harassing and verbally abusing people without threat of consequence? Where else could you bask in the non-existent rays of your own genius?
You're an attention whore. And whores always come back to feed their addiction. Macnn is your all you can eat buffet

Zimphire
Baninated
Oct 20, 2004, 03:25 PM

Well at least he is right about the liberal part.

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Oct 20, 2004, 03:43 PM

Okay, this isn't for this screenname, this is for me. This place meant a lot to me, and I've been here...****.. since 1999 at some point on a regular basis. With this forum, I've discovered what liberals are, and why they suck, a lot of information about religon, moral questions, life, etc. It was pretty great. But honestly, the lounge is a complete sack of **** in it's present state. Back in the day, there were a LOT of interesting posts with a lot of interesting people writing a lot of interesting things. It seems that all that is lost, instead replaced with a bunch of pathetic ****ing internet geeks who couldn't get laid in monkey whorehouse with a bag full of bananas. "Oh gee my post count means so much to me!" And when I point out the problem with the +1 faggots, I get chastised for being a trouble maker even though I haven't even been posting very often? Uh, okay. Again, internet dorks. The poll results are quite obvious, the majority is ****ing annoyed at all the little chickenshits who think it's cool to waste space and bandwidth by posting a "+1" to everything, yet the ****ing administration ignores it, and locks my topic. Way to go! Let's give it up for the (total lack of) moderation!!! Then we have Kilbey. Wow. He openly admits to coming back to the forums just to try to irritate me, and he isn't banned?

Anyway, you guys can have your lounge, I'm not coming back. I've met quite a few great people through here, but guess what? They don't really post here anymore either. This place has become a big cluster**** of internet dork random aggression and pimply faced virgin lameness. So yeah, I'm out. Have fun talking about star trek, getting divorces, and... oh wait, actually there really isn't much substance in here at all, just a bunch of total ****ing retards who "+1" everything.

**** off!

- Ca$h

PS: To all the people who are going to "+1" this thread, you really aren't even funny. I hope someday you realize how lame it is, and accept the fact that you have tiny dicks.

ManOfSteal
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 20, 2004, 03:45 PM

I've been thinking about this for a few minutes now, and I've decided that I won't miss Ca$h...

effgee
Caffeinated Theme Master
Oct 20, 2004, 04:01 PM

Originally posted by Zimphire:
You just couldn't let it slip by ... not even once, huh?

JohnnyAppleseed
Forum Regular
Oct 20, 2004, 04:06 PM

Yes I agree. Too many people are too liberal with their posts. If one doesn't have anything to contribute they should not post. Too many post whores.

Zimphire
Baninated
Oct 20, 2004, 04:16 PM

Originally posted by JohnnyAppleseed:
Yes I agree. Too many people are too liberal with their posts. If one doesn't have anything to contribute they should not post. Too many post whores.

CD Hanks
Mac Elite
Oct 20, 2004, 04:20 PM

You'll be back Ca$h. This isn't the first time you've left.

(In the interim, take care.)
<some witty quote that identifies my originality as a person except for the fact everyone else does the same thing>

JohnnyAppleseed
Forum Regular
Oct 20, 2004, 04:20 PM

"Do you know where you are?
You are at the Door to Dreams.
To Black Miracles and Dark Wonders -
Another Life of Unknown Pleasures...
And it's yours - Complete the pattern.
Solve the Puzzle. Turn the Key..."

- Pinhead
( Last edited by JohnnyAppleseed; Oct 20, 2004 at 06:38 PM. )

Zimphire
Baninated
Oct 20, 2004, 04:24 PM

Yes, yes he is one.

juanvaldes
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 20, 2004, 04:41 PM

Originally posted by CharlesS:
yes that was the OS X section. he was speaking of the lounge. Which was once filled with fun, happy places and intellectual conversation.
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive.
- Thomas Jefferson, 1787

Myrkridia
Senior User
Oct 20, 2004, 06:11 PM

Try to save your political prejudices for the "War Lounge."
The only thing I got from that post was "Man things would be so much better if more people agreed with me "

Zimphire:
Never quite said that but nice try.

There, I even took care of your reponse for you.

Zimphire
Baninated
Oct 20, 2004, 06:23 PM

Stradlater
Professional Poster
Oct 20, 2004, 07:40 PM

Originally posted by JohnnyAppleseed:
"You rise," he said, "like Aurora."

Disgruntled Head of C-3PO
Professional Poster
Oct 20, 2004, 10:21 PM

Originally posted by Beewee:
Nice job trying to fit yourself in the role of "victim".
Ya and he isn't even a Christian.
"Curse my metal body, I wasn't fast enough!"

UR-20
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 20, 2004, 11:11 PM

Okay, this isn't for this screenname, this is for me. This place meant a lot to me, and I've been here...****.. since 1999 at some point on a regular basis.

Anyway, you guys can have your lounge, I'm not coming back.

Zimphire
Baninated
Oct 20, 2004, 11:17 PM

Originally posted by Disgruntled Head of C-3PO:
Ya and he isn't even a Christian.
Your point...?

El Magnificante
Forum Regular
Oct 21, 2004, 01:10 AM

Healthy 9" here wishing you "Bon voyage" and wondering why you couldn't go in silence ...

malvolio
Professional Poster
Oct 21, 2004, 02:16 AM

Anybody making book on how soon Ca$hie comes back?
I've got $10 that says it's before 1/1/05.
/mal
"I sentence you to be hanged by the neck until you cheer up."
MacBook Pro 15" w/ Mac OS 10.8.2, iPhone 4S & iPad 4th-gen. w/ iOS 6.1.2

Forum Links
Forum Rules