Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iTunes TV shows DRM removal

iTunes TV shows DRM removal
italy77
Jan 16, 2006, 10:48 PM

Does anyone know how to remove the DRM on iTunes TV shows so I can burn them to a dVD? I want to watch them on my TV!

mduell
Posting Junkie
Jan 16, 2006, 11:09 PM

Sorry, you didn't pay for that right.

jyunderwood
Jan 16, 2006, 11:27 PM

There is more to it than just stripping it and burning it and included is a lot of waiting.

Legally and effort-wise, you might be better off using this.
fluid like water.

italy77  (op)
Jan 20, 2006, 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by mduell
Sorry, you didn't pay for that right.
Maybe you can't read. I didn't ask if I paid for the right, I asked if there is a way around it.

JKT
Professional Poster
Jan 20, 2006, 09:33 AM

You are asking people here to break the law to assist you in doing something that is also illegal. If they know how to do it, telling you the method is illegal. So tell us, why should someone here put themselves at risk of litigation just to help you do something illegal? Not to mention that it is against the forum rules...

The legal way to do it is to buy an e.g. S-video to RCA cable and hook up your computer to your TV (assuming you have the correct ports on your computer and on your TV).

CaptainHaddock
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 21, 2006, 09:57 AM

I guess some people just can't pass up every opportunity to be jerks.

Italy77, to freely listen to the music you've bought, you have a few options:

1. Hymn can remove the encryption if your version of iTunes is older than 6.0. They're still trying to fix it for the latest iTunes.

2. Audio Hijack can let you play a song and re-record it as a regular MP3.

3. You can always just burn playlists through iTunes onto CD (use a re-writable) and then re-import the tracks into iTunes. Apple made this easy to do, since the DRM was never something they wanted anyway.

Stradlater
Professional Poster
Jan 21, 2006, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by CaptainHaddock
I guess some people just can't pass up every opportunity to be jerks.

Italy77, to freely listen to the music you've bought, you have a few options:

1. Hymn can remove the encryption if your version of iTunes is older than 6.0. They're still trying to fix it for the latest iTunes.

2. Audio Hijack can let you play a song and re-record it as a regular MP3.

3. You can always just burn playlists through iTunes onto CD (use a re-writable) and then re-import the tracks into iTunes. Apple made this easy to do, since the DRM was never something they wanted anyway.
So, basically your eyes missed half of the thread's subject, eh?
"You rise," he said, "like Aurora."

Cucucachoo
Jan 21, 2006, 11:39 AM

well, the only way i can think of doing it is to get yourself a Dazzle Hollywood Digital Bridge, and output the video and audio to it. then input the signal back into iMovie using the firewire connection and then export the movie how ever you want.

It would basically be like making an audio cd with your iTunes bought music and then ripping it back in. but you would need an extra piece of hardware.

Just my two cents
MacBook 2.16Ghz 13.3" with 4gig Ram 120gb HD
iBook G4 1.33ghz 12" with 1024MB Ram, 80gb HD, Dual-Layer SuperDrive
iBook G3 600mhz 12" with 640MB Ram, 60gb Hard Drive and a CD-R/RW-DVD drive Vist me at my blog

ghporter
Administrator
Jan 21, 2006, 11:53 AM

MacNN Forums do not condone or support piracy of copyrighted materials. There may be a way to "get around" the DRM, but this is not the place to ask about it.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Forum Links
Forum Rules