Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > QT 5 & Pro video rotation gone?

QT 5 & Pro video rotation gone?
antonio
Dedicated MacNNer
May 5, 2001, 11:23 PM

i downloaded the free QT5 but now i cant find the cool feature i got use to using in the beta version - the ability to rotate video clips (i took a bunch of mpeg 15 seconds shots with a digital camera but alot of them were "sideways" - anyway, anyone figure out if they hide the feature in the Pro version? also, would i be able to de-install 5 final and go back to using the beta - at least till i get my clips properly aligned?

thanks

C-Eye
Forum Regular
May 6, 2001, 06:18 PM

You can rotate movies with QuickTime 5 Pro by getting the movie's properties (Command - J), choosing 'Video Track' and 'Size'.

Perhaps you need to unlock Pro again, as I did?

------------------

Heady
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 6, 2001, 08:57 PM

Speaking of QuickTime Pro, I'm a bit concerned about the fate of my QuickTime 3/4 license. Is it rendered completely useless upon installing QuickTime 5? For example, do I lose the ability to export in PictureViewer, or QuickTime Player's editing functions?

Thanks in advance.

-Heady

King Chung Huang
Mac Enthusiast
May 7, 2001, 08:12 PM

Originally posted by Heady:
Speaking of QuickTime Pro, I'm a bit concerned about the fate of my QuickTime 3/4 license. Is it rendered completely useless upon installing QuickTime 5? For example, do I lose the ability to export in PictureViewer, or QuickTime Player's editing functions?

Thanks in advance.

-Heady
Your QuickTime 4 Pro Key is not rendered completely useless by QuickTime 5. You can still enter in your QT 4 key, and use your QT 4 apps with their full feature set. What you will be missing is advanced features in QT 5 apps.

C-Eye
Forum Regular
May 8, 2001, 01:34 AM

From http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download

"QuickTime Pro keys bought after October 12, 2000, work in QuickTime 4, QuickTime 5 Public Preview, and QuickTime 5. Keys bought before this date will work in QuickTime 4 and QuickTime 5 Public Preview only."

Although I was a bit peeved when I firs heard this (still no new "Pro" features in v5 that I know of) I guess $30 every couple of years isn't too much for unlock all of QuickTime's features. I won't even go into the "they should give these features away to compete with WM and Real" rant...

------------------

Forum Links
Forum Rules