Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > ShapeShifter woes on Intel

ShapeShifter woes on Intel
Kate
Senior User
Aug 16, 2007, 11:17 AM

Some themes again display coloured stripes and blocks in the menu where there should be a semitransparent menu on my Mac Pro. I discovered this today after I replaced my custom theme with an updated verion.

This had been an issue with previous SS versions on Intel Macs, but so far had been resolved with SS2.4 .

I think it might be a reintroduced bug by Mac OS X 10.4.10 since until then everything worked.

To my amazement I cannot even just make a new theme out of an already bugfree version by means of Themepark, since simply merging the elements of a new theme with those from a working one results in a "copy" that displays the artifacs as well.

This only affects my Mac Pro, all themes work as expected on my PowerBook.

I am a bit at loss here, anyone to confirm this?

I already uninstalled SS, deleted caches, deleted SS prefs, reinstalled SS to no avail.
Also SS seems to ignore apps in the exclude list, which is also bothersome.

I have contacted Unsanity but wanted to heare from you as well....

digitaljames
Mac Elite
Aug 17, 2007, 05:18 PM

Those themes are not skinning the graphite elements probably. Make sure you've set the appearance to aqua in the sys pref pane....

Kate  (op)
Senior User
Aug 21, 2007, 11:19 PM

..Thanks for the hint, but the graphite elements are present and when selected also garbled.

digitaljames
Mac Elite
Aug 22, 2007, 06:46 AM

What theme.....

Kate  (op)
Senior User
Aug 22, 2007, 07:18 AM

Any theme you want.

This seems to happen when SS checks and downloads stuff from Unsanity servers after loading the theme.

I can apply any theme as long as it is created for 10.4.x and most display correct, but when I create a new guikit in Themepark and merge elements, dang, the menu is broke with the new guikit.
As I wanted to update my own custom theme that way I always end up with garbeled menus. But, this only happens on Intel.
On PPC it is just fine.
When I copy the working theme from PPC to Intel, dang...

So far I heared nothing more from Unsanity till now.

Forum Links
Forum Rules