Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > SKYPE video chat - Windows cannot see Mac video

SKYPE video chat - Windows cannot see Mac video
MacPhly
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 22, 2007, 09:28 PM

I have used Skype video chat between Mac-Mac computers, and between Windows-Windows computers, and each can see the other's video.

However, when I used a Mac with a Windows, the Mac can see the Windows video plus its own video, but the Windows computer cannot receive the video from the Mac.

For the Mac, I used iSight as well as the Logitech Quickcam Notebook pro which works very well on the Mac. Just that, both iSight and the Logitech cannot be received in the Window computer.

I would appreciate receiving suggestions from people who have used Mac-Windows for video chats. Thanks in advance.

philm
Mac Elite
Nov 23, 2007, 07:19 AM

My only comment is that I have used Skype for Mac-to-Windows video chats with many different people and it has always worked without a problem. Presumably it could relate to various firewall issues, port forwarding etc, but your experience is not the norm.

MacDeviant
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 23, 2007, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by philm View Post
My only comment is that I have used Skype for Mac-to-Windows video chats with many different people and it has always worked without a problem. Presumably it could relate to various firewall issues, port forwarding etc, but your experience is not the norm.
+1 on Mac-Windows video chats.

Please check your Privacy settings under Skype Preferences. Also check your Sharing settings under System Preferences. I have Firewall On but nothing checked under allow and I video chat without any trouble with people on Mac and PCs.

Hope this helps, if not PM me.

MacPhly  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 23, 2007, 08:47 PM

Problem solved. I reinstalled in my windows laptop to the earlier version Skype just before they changed to the current 3.xxx series. Now Win-Mac computers can receive each other's videos. I got the idea when someone complained of Skype not running well on his Windows Vista and he had to revert to the previous 2.xxx version.

Cold Warrior
Nov 23, 2007, 09:08 PM

do you run Vista?

MacPhly  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 24, 2007, 11:38 AM

Thinkpad T23 / Windows XP / Skype 2.5.0.146.exe / Logitech Fusion camera

videos exchange smoothly with

iMacG4 / OSX 10.4.2 / Mac Skype / Logitech Pro Notebook webcam

Forum Links
Forum Rules