Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Will AT&T's increase to the iPhone plan keep you from upgrading?

Will AT&T's increase to the iPhone plan keep you from upgrading?
markponcelet
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 10, 2008, 05:06 PM

We all knew it would happen: AT&T is taking the opportunity of a new iPhone release to hike its iPhone rate plan. The SMS messages are going away, and the "data" portion of the plan will increase by $10 for regular users, and $25 for business users.

My question is, will this keep you from upgrading your iPhone (or upgrading to an iPhone)?

I've done my best to calculate the price increase with fees. Assuming that all those little fees add about 10% to the cost of my bill, it looks like I have to pay somewhere around $11/mo more for iPhone 2 than I would have had to pay for iPhone 1. (Supposing I am a non-business user who never sends or receives an SMS and never exceeds his 450-minute cap.)

Is an increase of $264 over two years reason enough to hold off for iPhone 2.5?
17" Rev. A MBP (ATI X1600 256 MB, 2 GB RAM, OS 10.5, Parallels Build 3214)

markponcelet  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 10, 2008, 05:24 PM

annnnd now I see that this thread duplicates one that's already posted. Ops, please feel free to delete me.
17" Rev. A MBP (ATI X1600 256 MB, 2 GB RAM, OS 10.5, Parallels Build 3214)

Forum Links
Forum Rules