Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Need help with cut&paste

Need help with cut&paste
JLannoo
May 22, 2001, 09:50 PM

Now I dont know what I'm doing wrong,but I want to be able to cut a URL or text etc. out of one browser window and paste it into another.

When I try to do this in OSX it doesnt work. Am I doing something wrong? I do this al the time on my PC and find myself going over and using it whenever its needed.

If it helps I'm using IE 5.1

------------------
-JLannoo
TiVo Zealot
G4 Cube 450
448MB RAGE 128 Pro
Athlon ThunderBird 800
256MB GeForce 2 GTS
-JLannoo
TiVo Zealot
G4 Cube 450
448MB RAGE 128 Pro
Athlon ThunderBird 800
256MB GeForce 2 GTS

er1c
Forum Regular
May 22, 2001, 10:32 PM

See the @ character up top in your browser? Drag it to your new window's address bar & page will launch. Also drag to dock, email or desktop among other places ...Hope this helps, it is easier than all that old school cut & paste...

peace

------------------
"It's not the thing you fling, but the fling itself."

JLannoo  (op)
May 23, 2001, 11:22 PM

Originally posted by er1c:
See the @ character up top in your browser? Drag it to your new window's address bar & page will launch. Also drag to dock, email or desktop among other places ...Hope this helps, it is easier than all that old school cut & paste...

peace

Yes but say I want to paste a URL in for a link say in a messege like this one. As a test I just tried to copy theURL from this message and paste it in my response and its no go...Cut & paste simply doesnt work and its very important. I cant even paste in regular text. I assume this is going to be fixed? anyone know?

------------------
-JLannoo
TiVo Zealot
G4 Cube 450
448MB RAGE 128 Pro
Athlon ThunderBird 800
256MB GeForce 2 GTS
-JLannoo
TiVo Zealot
G4 Cube 450
448MB RAGE 128 Pro
Athlon ThunderBird 800
256MB GeForce 2 GTS

torifile
Mac Elite
May 23, 2001, 11:52 PM

It's an IE 5.1 problem not an OS X one. I think that the newest version of IE (available via software update) fixes this problem. Or you could just use Omniweb.

Moonray
Mac Elite
May 24, 2001, 04:00 AM

Apple changed the behaviour of the copy/paste mechanism for monostyled text a bit, that's why it doesn't work in some applications now.
Though one would think that companies above a certain size should have enough developers to get this fixed sooner.

-

Forum Links
Forum Rules