Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: "Apple" Original RAM 2GB for iMac, Macbook, MBP

FS: "Apple" Original RAM 2GB for iMac, Macbook, MBP
byteseller
Forum Regular
Jan 8, 2008, 09:12 PM

I just upgraded my new 2.8ghz iMac from 2GB to 4GB RAM. So I'm selling the two "Apple" original 1GB sticks of RAM. PC5300 SO-DIMM.

Not sure what the going rate is for these.. so how about $65 for the pair shipped (Please PM me and correct me if this price is out of line).

Thanks

byteseller  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 11, 2008, 01:23 AM

Looked around and found that OWC (where I purchased my 4GB upgrade) has a kit of 2X1GB Sticks for between $48-$80 depending on the supplier (and that does not include shipping). I'll assume that the RAM that came with my 2.8GHZ from Apple is of the higher quality type.

BTW - I removed the memory within 2 days of buying the iMac so they are in perfect condition. I'll lower the price $57 for the pair. If you want just one, drop me a PM.

FYI the manufacturer is Samsung and yes, this RAM should work for all of the Intel iMacs, Macbooks and Macbook Pros.

Thanks

See OWC prices
( Last edited by byteseller; Jan 11, 2008 at 02:45 PM. )

w8ing4intelmacs
Forum Regular
Jan 17, 2008, 12:42 AM

byteseller  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 17, 2008, 10:24 AM

The memory that I'm selling is Apple "Original", Samsung memory. Not sure how good the brand RAM Newegg is offering, but prices vary greatly depending on the manufacturer and Samsung is definitely some of the better RAM on the market. Anyone know anything about A-Data?

In any case, while I'm flexible in price, the prices you mention above are below what I would be willing to drop to. If you are willing to risk it, the A-Data RAM is probably the way to go.

w8ing4intelmacs
Forum Regular
Jan 17, 2008, 04:55 PM

i don't think people pay the "apple premium" for ram any more. good luck on your sale.

Professional Poster
Jan 17, 2008, 05:58 PM

Apple RAM is not better than NewEgg RAM. In fact, if you get the brand right, they are the exact same. I bought 2x1 GB Apple Original RAM for $45 shipped.

byteseller  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 18, 2008, 12:44 AM

Adam, I'm not saying that Apple RAM is better than all of the RAM sold on NewEGG, but they sell a range of quality and I doubt that the $30 per set RAM is in the better range I would be willing to consider an offer in the price range you mention, but NOT for $30.

In any case my understanding is that it is not the idea to have these discussions within the forum itself, but rather via PMs. If anyone want to make me an offer please PM me and don't post your opinions regarding my asking price here. If you think my prices are out of wack and don't want to contact me, move on.

Forum Links
Forum Rules