Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > 2 MAJOR PROBLEMS!! HeLp!!

2 MAJOR PROBLEMS!! HeLp!!
CandyMaffia
Forum Regular
Dec 18, 2002, 12:10 PM

hii

I have a iBook with sys X.2, and i have big problems..

problem numero 1. I cant copy-paste..cant use this function (these functions stopped worked even in 10.1.5, so this is not cause the jaguar!!) i choose the copy/paste in the edit menu, but nowhere will they work!!! whyyyy?? help.

problemo numero 2. i cant burn cds in the itunes..it is not the cd burner it's wrong with, when i have a empty cd in the sleed, a window in finder will pop up and it ask me which program i want to open it with...i want the selection when you could choose the itunes-format!! how do i get it?? and the itunes, i cant drag songs to the new playlist...it wont move!!!

help!!
imac g5 20" isight ed. user with ipod shuffle, ibook g3 700mhz, nokia 6680, canon cp3200

mrfrost
Mac Elite
Dec 18, 2002, 12:15 PM

Originally posted by CandyMaffia:
hii

I have a iBook with sys X.2, and i have big problems..

problem numero 1. I cant copy-paste..cant use this function (these functions stopped worked even in 10.1.5, so this is not cause the jaguar!!) i choose the copy/paste in the edit menu, but nowhere will they work!!! whyyyy?? help.
Do you have text selected??

problemo numero 2. i cant burn cds in the itunes..it is not the cd burner it's wrong with, when i have a empty cd in the sleed, a window in finder will pop up and it ask me which program i want to open it with...i want the selection when you could choose the itunes-format!! how do i get it?? and the itunes, i cant drag songs to the new playlist...it wont move!!!

help!!
You can make iTunes the default app when inserting an empty disc by changing that in the CD&DVD preference pane. (Just choose iTunes from the "when you insert a blank CD" pop-up)

mrtew
Professional Poster
Dec 18, 2002, 12:43 PM

You can also quit exaggerating the seriousness of your problems and try posting threads with descriptive subject lines like the forum rules say. No one likes to scan down the list of threads and see ones just titled 'Help' or 'I have problems' or 'Question'. That could be almost every thread here.

I love the U.S., but we need some time apart.

CandyMaffia  (op)
Forum Regular
Dec 18, 2002, 06:53 PM

i have the text selected, and I am sorry for the topic, should trying be better next time..promise!!!

but what should I do?? the itunes is freak to, cause I cant drag the songs to a new playlist, and the cut/copy/paste function doesn't work at all, in no prgram!!!
imac g5 20" isight ed. user with ipod shuffle, ibook g3 700mhz, nokia 6680, canon cp3200

Adam Betts
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 18, 2002, 07:29 PM

i have the text selected, and I am sorry for the topic, should trying be better next time..promise!!!

but what should I do?? the itunes is freak to, cause I cant drag the songs to a new playlist, and the cut/copy/paste function doesn't work at all, in no prgram!!!
Just format your computer and get over it

juanvaldes
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 18, 2002, 07:46 PM

something is seriously wrong. But you can edit the topic (me believes) by editing your first post. Might get more help that way.

Good luck
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive.
- Thomas Jefferson, 1787

starman
Clinically Insane
Dec 18, 2002, 07:48 PM

Are you trying to copy/paste between apps or in the same app?

Have you tried doing it via the menu or just using the keyboard? Try both in the same app and see if both are broken.

Mike

Home - Twitter - Sig Wall-Retired - Flickr

cwasko
Senior User
Dec 18, 2002, 08:05 PM

Try running the 'Repair Disk Permissions'. It sounds like the PBS is not running. As for the other problems, the above may fix them as well.

CandyMaffia  (op)
Forum Regular
Dec 19, 2002, 02:55 PM

i know how to copy and paste text, and i restart the computer on the 9,2 (classic) and it worked!! it has to be something with the osX...

any ideas??

even iTunes in classic worked perfect, so I could burn a CD...but not in os X...whyyy???

cwasko
Senior User
Dec 19, 2002, 04:50 PM

i know how to copy and paste text, and i restart the computer on the 9,2 (classic) and it worked!! it has to be something with the osX...

any ideas??

even iTunes in classic worked perfect, so I could burn a CD...but not in os X...whyyy???
Did you not read my post just above this one?

CheesePuff
Professional Poster
Dec 19, 2002, 05:10 PM

Reformat your HD with OS X 10.2 again.

Or just repair disk permissions, found in the Disk Utility application.

CandyMaffia  (op)
Forum Regular
Dec 21, 2002, 04:56 AM

but if everything works correct with OS9 (classic) it should somehow solves under OS X.2...or do i have to format..isnt there any other solution?? i really dont want to format..

Jerommeke
Mac Elite
Dec 21, 2002, 04:58 AM

HELP HELP HELP! OHH WHAT A PANIC!

oh wait, erhm...

coffee where is coffee i need coffee
iMac G5 2.0 Ghz 20", 2 GB RAM, 400 GB, OS X 10.4.5, iPod with color screen 60 GB

Forum Links
Forum Rules